Back to Basic Strategy WW Sign up and GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1dog, in my opinion, you have played very well this game. Either you're a wolf who's had guidance, or you're a very good player.
I'm gonna take that as a compliment since I'm a villager. :p I can see how it would be hard for everyone to read me, since I am newer and nobody has much history on how I "normally" play. Along with the fact that I'm sure my play style is evolving as I get used to playing! I wasn't looking forward to the 10 post minimum when we started, but this game has definitely helped me a LOT with all the posts I not only have had to make, but also all the posts I have to read.

Wish I had more concrete reasons why I'm not a wolf, but without roles/items to back me up, it's just a matter of interpreting play and who everyone trusts more. :shrug: I can definitely see how my AB lynch vote could just be seen as saving myself. Unfortunately for me, I had to be the second place person that day!

Members don't see this ad.

Unless they're wolves :thinking:

But I really doubt it at this point, just seems too risky for a wolf. Have either of them posted during this cycle at all?
Agree with that. That's why I'll be more suspicious of teep if he jumps on at the last second and makes the post deadline - staying quiet until the last second seems a reasonable way to avoid suspicion this cycle.

Until then, teep, I'm sorry about your family :(

Members don't see this ad :)
So, crazy idea here. Likely bsc is getting mod killed. Anyone want to switch votes to her? It would break our three way tie and give us another day cycle to figure this all out? I mean I'm comfortable with my zen lynch, but with 8 players left I'm assuming 6 villagers 2 wolves so every villager counts at this point.

I'd be down.
Ok, you're in. I'll PM you the info but you'll be taking the place for teep.

@Teepster87 I hope things get better/easier soon.

Reactions: 3 users
Look, Ma! No stars! :heckyeah:

@Teepster87 , wishing you and your family well. Condolences.
Ok, now break this three way please! I'm not sure I'll be able to check back before lynch close, but if I can and its still tied up, my guts tell me I'll have to unlynch zen and you/teep are next in line.

So, crazy idea here. Likely bsc is getting mod killed. Anyone want to switch votes to her? It would break our three way tie and give us another day cycle to figure this all out? I mean I'm comfortable with my zen lynch, but with 8 players left I'm assuming 6 villagers 2 wolves so every villager counts at this point.
Hmmm. I don't know. It would feel a lot like missing out on a chance to catch the wolf. But i suppose we are at a bit of a standstill. Is everyone very set on their votes? I would break the tie but the two other options are at the bottom of my list...

Hmmm. I don't know. It would feel a lot like missing out on a chance to catch the wolf. But i suppose we are at a bit of a standstill. Is everyone very set on their votes? I would break the tie but the two other options are at the bottom of my list...

I might be open to it, just because if BSC is a mod kill, and we lynch a villager, wolves kill a villager... That's not a lot of villagers left assuming two wolves. :O

Members don't see this ad :)
I might be open to it, just because if BSC is a mod kill, and we lynch a villager, wolves kill a villager... That's not a lot of villagers left assuming two wolves. :O
Yeah it would be 3 villagers and 2 wolves at that point. 4-2 if we lynch BSC. Either way, if there are two wolves left we have to lynch a wolf tomorrow and I'm not convinced having another option to choose from will be helpful in reaching that goal. But i don't know.

Yeah it would be 3 villagers and 2 wolves at that point. 4-2 if we lynch BSC. Either way, if there are two wolves left we have to lynch a wolf tomorrow and I'm not convinced having another option to choose from will be helpful in reaching that goal. But i don't know.
Though it may be helpful to have another villager to counteract the wolf vote if they try to vote together...especially since it is difficult to work with the other villagers when you're not sure who they are. In a 3-2 situation it would be easier for the wolves to control the vote.

Help, my head hurts.

I'm alright with it, given how many times I was ninja'd at game start :laugh:
I'm trying to reach a post count here! :rage: :p

Reactions: 1 user
You lynch teep. He was a
vanillager

7 players left

Night deadline is 7:00 am Tuesday 7/12 (I have an early appt, so I want to get this in before then)
1. DVMD
2. LotF - villager
3. vetmedhead - tracker
4. kaydubs - wolf
5. Teep - villager
6. Jilary
7. Animal Midwife - villager
8. Filly Bay - Protector
9. Katashark - villager
10. Rocky - villager
11. Hayley - villager
12. SandstormDVM - villager
13. PrincessButterCup - mason

14. STL - wolf seer
15. Zensing
16. LeTitsNow - villager
17. morninqlory - villager
18. Guis - villager

19. ResoluteMike/SOV
20. BBC -villager
21. genny - villager

22. BSC
23. rojo - 2 shot vigilante
24. WTF - village seer
25. Diva - villager

26. 1dogg
27. sheltermed/WZ
28. AlphaBeta<3 - wolf

PS. I'm giving VMH the opportunity to sub for BSC instead. If no response by deadline, I will mod-kill

You find SOV torn to shreds. He was a
vanillager

6 players left

Lynch deadline is 9:00 pm Wednesday 7/13
1. DVMD
2. LotF - villager
3. vetmedhead - tracker
4. kaydubs - wolf
5. Teep - villager
6. Jilary
7. Animal Midwife - villager
8. Filly Bay - Protector
9. Katashark - villager
10. Rocky - villager
11. Hayley - villager
12. SandstormDVM - villager
13. PrincessButterCup - mason

14. STL - wolf seer
15. Zensing
16. LeTitsNow - villager
17. morninqlory - villager
18. Guis - villager
19. ResoluteMike/SOV - villager

20. BBC -villager
21. genny - villager

22. BSC/VMH
23. rojo - 2 shot vigilante
24. WTF - village seer
25. Diva - villager

26. 1dogg
27. sheltermed/WZ
28. AlphaBeta<3 - wolf

1dogg
jilary
Zen
DVMD
BSC/VMH
WZ

Alright so...if there are two wolves left we have to lynch a wolf today. I'm not confident about anything. Jilary still nags at the back of my mind but nobody else seems to agree with me there.

1dogg
jilary
Zen
DVMD
BSC/VMH
WZ

Alright so...if there are two wolves left we have to lynch a wolf today. I'm not confident about anything. Jilary still nags at the back of my mind but nobody else seems to agree with me there.

Jilary was one of my top 3 or 4 the other day. I'm just not completely sure and we have to get a wolf, so I'm going to hold off a bit before making any vote. Probably do some rereading again tonight when I get off work.

Reactions: 1 users
Jilary was one of my top 3 or 4 the other day. I'm just not completely sure and we have to get a wolf, so I'm going to hold off a bit before making any vote. Probably do some rereading again tonight when I get off work.
Well if there are 2 wolves and 4 villagers, if we lynch a villager today, it's 2:3, wolves kill a villager tonight and boom 2:2, game over. So yeah we have to get a wolf today, unless there is only one wolf, which I don't feel is likely.

Well if there are 2 wolves and 4 villagers, if we lynch a villager today, it's 2:3, wolves kill a villager tonight and boom 2:2, game over. So yeah we have to get a wolf today, unless there is only one wolf, which I don't feel is likely.

Yes, I know. Which I why I said we have to get a wolf today. And why I'm holding off on voting.

I'm not super happy with how yesterday's lynch went. Five minutes before lynch was supposed to close we were still at a three way tie. My feels are still all over zen and I know she was high on SOVs list too.

Lynch zen
Well if people could just agree more it wouldn't be a problem :p
Like i said yesterday i would have changed my vote but the other two options were villagers in my mind. I imagine the other villagers felt the same way, and the wolves were content to sit on whoever to keep their own from being lynched. There's probably a way to analyze that vote and figure something out, unless none of our top candidates were wolves.

Yeah I'll be doing the same. Read and reread and reread again.

Man i really wish we hadn't lost our power roles so early.

Reactions: 1 user
Right now I'm mostly worried that either WZ or DVMD is a wolf. Even if we get a wolf today I think either of them could push for the lynch of a villager tomorrow. Of the two I feel WZ is more likely as of right now. My 1dogg feels are decreasing too. So I guess I'll revise my list:

Zen
WZ
DVMD
1dogg
BSC/VMH
Jil

Right now I'm mostly worried that either WZ or DVMD is a wolf. Even if we get a wolf today I think either of them could push for the lynch of a villager tomorrow. Of the two I feel WZ is more likely as of right now. My 1dogg feels are decreasing too. So I guess I'll revise my list:

Zen
WZ
DVMD
1dogg
BSC/VMH
Jil
You're barking up the wrong tree. Of course, I think you are with Zen and DVMD too.

Zen
WZ
DVMD
1dogg
BSC/VMH
Jil

And I have you and 1dog at the top of my list. Zen/WZ bounce up there depending on the second/hour/way the moons are aligned.

Basically, I don't know who I'm going to vote right now. More reading tonight when I get home, which *knock on wood* should be "on time" based on the current appointment schedule. (Yeah I know, I ruined it)

@dyachei is plurality in effect this lynch?

If it is, we'll have to be careful so wolves can't use that as an advantage.

I agree with DVMD that we need to be careful with plurality, especially when there's so few villagers left.

I'm currently trapped at the DMV, when I get back I'll read through the thread and post some thoughts then.

Also - I'm not sure how useful everyone's "wolf likelihood" ranking lists are. I think they look useful/informative but aren't really, especially because everyone (of course) puts themselves at the bottom of the list. If you have suspicions about a player just throw them out there on thread, no need to construct an itemized list.

If you have suspicions about a player just throw them out there on thread, no need to construct an itemized list.

I'm gonna make my list and you're going to like it!!! Rawr! ;) :p

No, I agree, I'm not sure how helpful they are but they are a point of discussion and if they stimulate something to discuss, I say they are worth it.

Reactions: 2 users
You're barking up the wrong tree. Of course, I think you are with Zen and DVMD too.
There is no barking over here. Also, one of us is clearly wrong. I know I'm not a wolf and I'd bet BSC/VMH isn't either (and at this point I'm perfectly happy to disclose why if others feel it is appropriate). That means between you, zen, DVMD & 1dogg there are 1-2 wolves (depending on if there are 1 or 2 wolves left), and I'd put real money on that.

Last night I snuck away to the bathroom to check on how the tie situation was going and 5min until lynch close and there was still a 3 way tie. If I were a wolf I'd have happily left that 3 way and just let them all die.

@Jilary, I would like to hear why you trust BSC. This may be final lynch if there's two wolves and we get it wrong, so we need all of the information we can get.

I agree with DVMD that we need to be careful with plurality, especially when there's so few villagers left.

I'm currently trapped at the DMV, when I get back I'll read through the thread and post some thoughts then.

Also - I'm not sure how useful everyone's "wolf likelihood" ranking lists are. I think they look useful/informative but aren't really, especially because everyone (of course) puts themselves at the bottom of the list. If you have suspicions about a player just throw them out there on thread, no need to construct an itemized list.
It gives you an idea of who everyone finds suspicious and who everyone trusts, which is useful information to have. I don't usually list myself but I was also listing all the players at the same time today so didn't want that to be confusing and leave myself off.

There is no barking over here. Also, one of us is clearly wrong. I know I'm not a wolf and I'd bet BSC/VMH isn't either (and at this point I'm perfectly happy to disclose why if others feel it is appropriate). That means between you, zen, DVMD & 1dogg there are 1-2 wolves (depending on if there are 1 or 2 wolves left), and I'd put real money on that.

Last night I snuck away to the bathroom to check on how the tie situation was going and 5min until lynch close and there was still a 3 way tie. If I were a wolf I'd have happily left that 3 way and just let them all die.
Or you wouldn't take the chance if one of them was a fellow wolf. We don't know how tie mechanics work in this game, especially with a 3 way tie.

However, I will take that into consideration. I am more leaning towards 1dog at the moment (can't help hoping there's only one wolf left, but the chances of that are slim).