Back to Basic Strategy WW Sign up and GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Jilary, I would like to hear why you trust BSC. This may be final lynch if there's two wolves and we get it wrong, so we need all of the information we can get.
I didn't want to put it yesterday because I didn't want to make BSC/VMH a wolf kill target. I'm not sure that matters as much at this point in the game, so I believe they are the other mason. Every single other person in this game either voted for PBC, said she was suspicious or PBC voted for them/said they were suspicious. So barring conversion, BSC/VMH is a villager.

Members don't see this ad.

Let's also consider last nights wolf kill target. SOV was the only person who felt strongly that I was a villager (and he's correct) why, if I were a wolf, would I kill him?! I think WZ, DVMD or BSC/VMH would have been much better options to help insure my survival.

Things I've learned in this game: some of you are very good at lying. :rage:

I plan on rereading tonight after I get back from teaching 4-H dog training... I've just skimmed the recent posts. Want to make sure we actually lynch a wolf tonight, and I don't think I trust any of you ;). My suspicion list is probably currently like an umbrella of all your names at the top and me holding the handle. :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Things I've learned in this game: some of you are very good at lying. :rage:

I plan on rereading tonight after I get back from teaching 4-H dog training... I've just skimmed the recent posts. Want to make sure we actually lynch a wolf tonight, and I don't think I trust any of you ;). My suspicion list is probably currently like an umbrella of all your names at the top and me holding the handle. :laugh:
It's true, ww is a game of lies and trickery. But I have faith in you. I remember the first time I made it to end game (it was actually the first game I made it past n1 and I believe it was also my 3rd game). The only person I trusted was myself, but I read through things and thought critically about everything going on and I eventually figured out who the wolf was, unfortunately no one believed me and the wolves won, but that was partly because LIS was taking the navle and the other player was similarly distracted (maybe didn't want to listen to a noob, I'm not sure). I'm hopeful for the village right now though.

P.S. I'm really loving the format of this game more and more! Crazy mechanics are fun, but figuring out the puzzle on your own without any special ability is really rewarding.

Reactions: 5 users
Let's also consider last nights wolf kill target. SOV was the only person who felt strongly that I was a villager (and he's correct) why, if I were a wolf, would I kill him?! I think WZ, DVMD or BSC/VMH would have been much better options to help insure my survival.
So, who do you think would have targeted SOV? I think it's too obvious for a wolf to kill the person who voted for them in the previous lynch (but, ya know, WIFOM).

So, who do you think would have targeted SOV? I think it's too obvious for a wolf to kill the person who voted for them in the previous lynch (but, ya know, WIFOM).
Right now I'm super tired, but I honestly have no idea. I just know it make absolutely no sense for me to have done it. Didn't SOV vote for 1dogg?

official lynch tally:
teep 2
(DVMD, sov)
zen 2 (jil, 1dogg)
1dog 2 (zen, WZ)

6/8 votes
4/8 minimums made. Let me be very clear - if you do not make 10 posts today, I will mod-kill you (WZ, BSC, Zen, Teep)

No, he voted for Zen.
We are both wrong, he voted for teep.

I see your point, but usually killing off someone that insists you are suspicious is not the best of ideas because it makes you look bad. However there are gray areas to that, so depending on the situation it just varies as to if that is good or bad or just meh.

Members don't see this ad :)
I see your point, but usually killing off someone that insists you are suspicious is not the best of ideas because it makes you look bad. However there are gray areas to that, so depending on the situation it just varies as to if that is good or bad or just meh.
But killing off the one person who believed I am a villager? That would not be smart at all.

It's true, ww is a game of lies and trickery. But I have faith in you. I remember the first time I made it to end game (it was actually the first game I made it past n1 and I believe it was also my 3rd game). The only person I trusted was myself, but I read through things and thought critically about everything going on and I eventually figured out who the wolf was, unfortunately no one believed me and the wolves won, but that was partly because LIS was taking the navle and the other player was similarly distracted (maybe didn't want to listen to a noob, I'm not sure). I'm hopeful for the village right now though.

P.S. I'm really loving the format of this game more and more! Crazy mechanics are fun, but figuring out the puzzle on your own without any special ability is really rewarding.
I don't lie in these games. I think I only ever made one cover story. It was for Neopets and it was so good I started to believe it.

Oh, and I thought BSC/VMH was a good choice since most of us agree s/he is most likely a villager.

I'm beginning to feel like Rojo... I'm just talking to myself.

Oh, and I thought BSC/VMH was a good choice since most of us agree s/he is most likely a villager.

I'm beginning to feel like Rojo... I'm just talking to myself.
I'm waiting for more people to get on. We've still heard virtually nothing from @1doggeek and @vetmedhead, right?

I think talk will have to pick up today, especially with the early lynch deadline.

I got a good bunch of reading in last night, but not nearly as much as I had hoped because I was greeted with the golden I'm watching having explosive diarrhea all over the house -_- I work all day today but if we aren't too busy I will try and pop in, and I'll for sure be around on lunch.

But killing off the one person who believed I am a villager? That would not be smart at all.
Yes and no. If there were more cycles left, then I would agree that killing someone who's defending you is generally a bad choice. But, as discussed before, this may be our last lynch cycle if there are two wolves. SOV supporting you makes his kill the one that would exonerate you the most and thus may be the perfect one to keep you from getting lynched for the last day you need. Alternatively, 1dog and someone else (DVMD, at this point, since I still trust WZ and buy your BSC reasoning) could have chosen SOV just so the two of us could take up day discussion with our argument and let them skate by.

From what I can tell, SOV yesterday ranked middle-to-low for wolf suspicions, tended to talk a lot, and had strong opinions. All of those traits make him a player who's death would cause chaos during this critical cycle. On a more personal note, I can't help but feel that his death is being used to frame me and buy wolves the last cycle they need.

This is part of why you've moved up my wolf-list today - you very quickly used SOV's death to try and shift suspicion onto me.

I got a good bunch of reading in last night, but not nearly as much as I had hoped because I was greeted with the golden I'm watching having explosive diarrhea all over the house -_- I work all day today but if we aren't too busy I will try and pop in, and I'll for sure be around on lunch.
Truly sorry to hear that. Hope he feels better soon!

Yes and no. If there were more cycles left, then I would agree that killing someone who's defending you is generally a bad choice. But, as discussed before, this may be our last lynch cycle if there are two wolves. SOV supporting you makes his kill the one that would exonerate you the most and thus may be the perfect one to keep you from getting lynched for the last day you need. Alternatively, 1dog and someone else (DVMD, at this point, since I still trust WZ and buy your BSC reasoning) could have chosen SOV just so the two of us could take up day discussion with our argument and let them skate by.

From what I can tell, SOV yesterday ranked middle-to-low for wolf suspicions, tended to talk a lot, and had strong opinions. All of those traits make him a player who's death would cause chaos during this critical cycle. On a more personal note, I can't help but feel that his death is being used to frame me and buy wolves the last cycle they need.

This is part of why you've moved up my wolf-list today - you very quickly used SOV's death to try and shift suspicion onto me.
Actually SOVs death moves WZ & DVMD up on my list, it didn't affect my opinion of you at all.

Actually SOVs death moves WZ & DVMD up on my list, it didn't affect my opinion of you at all.
I never said that it did. In fact, it'd be weird if it did - wasn't I your top suspicion already, as of end of last day cycle? My point was that you used SOV's death to try and get other people to move me up their lists. Alternatively, I'm wrong about you and the real wolves are using this discussion to hide out today.

I never said that it did. In fact, it'd be weird if it did - wasn't I your top suspicion already, as of end of last day cycle? My point was that you used SOV's death to try and get other people to move me up their lists. Alternatively, I'm wrong about you and the real wolves are using this discussion to hide out today.
I'm not sure how I implicated that SOVs death should affect others feelings about you at all. Where are you getting that? I was actually starting to think maybe I was wrong about you. I'm really worried that DVMD and WZ is a wolf because both will happily vote to lynch me and then all they need is to convince one other person and it's literally game over.

I do know that if there are two wolves left, then out of DVMD, zen, WZ and 1dogg, two are wolves.

Way too much WIFOM in this discussion. I mean, I skated by in Infiltrated for days because I did exactly the most obvious/stupid thing in every situation and people didn't think I would do those things as a wolf. I know others have operated that was as wolves before too.

I'm still leaning towards 1dog today, jury is out on who the second wolf could be (you try to get the same person lynched for a week and it starts to make you feel crazy).

What is WIFOM?

Also, I did notice something in my reading last night, I'll post it at lunch, have to call owners about blood work this morning so can't right now. But I'll definitely be on at lunch to discuss

What is WIFOM?

Also, I did notice something in my reading last night, I'll post it at lunch, have to call owners about blood work this morning so can't right now. But I'll definitely be on at lunch to discuss
WIFOM = Wine in Front of Me. Refers to the Princess Bride scene. Roughly, "I know, but I know you know, but I know you know I know..." Right now, it's in reference to SOV's death and how it relates to mine or Jilary's guilt/innocence.

About to start class, so can't be certain this has the right dialogue, but hope this Youtube video helps.

What is WIFOM?

WIFOM is the circular reasoning that results from trying to determine the choices of an opponent who acted with full knowledge that their behavior would be subject to scrutiny.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=WIFOM

I'm not sure how I implicated that SOVs death should affect others feelings about you at all. Where are you getting that? I was actually starting to think maybe I was wrong about you. I'm really worried that DVMD and WZ is a wolf because both will happily vote to lynch me and then all they need is to convince one other person and it's literally game over.

I do know that if there are two wolves left, then out of DVMD, zen, WZ and 1dogg, two are wolves.

Whomever the two wolves are, it is a good point that they don't need that many villagers picking the wrong candidate before they can gang up and it's end game. I would think this cycle especially it will be important to not send in early lynch votes.

Alternatively, 1dog and someone else (DVMD, at this point, since I still trust WZ and buy your BSC reasoning) could have chosen SOV just so the two of us could take up day discussion with our argument and let them skate by.

I think it's really reaching that the wolves would lynch SOV and anticipate you and jil to argue about it. Unless jil is a wolf and they planned it that way so she could get the ball rolling on it... And I still think that's reaching hard for a theory.

I am leaning more towards the wolves picked SOV because he wasn't terribly high on anyone's suspicions, and he's played a while and is a good player. It wouldn't make sense for them to lynch someone who has several people thinking they are wolves. Almost all of the players left, with the exception of BSC/VMH, are high on someone's wolf list.

I think it's really reaching that the wolves would lynch SOV and anticipate you and jil to argue about it. Unless jil is a wolf and they planned it that way so she could get the ball rolling on it... And I still think that's reaching hard for a theory.

I am leaning more towards the wolves picked SOV because he wasn't terribly high on anyone's suspicions, and he's played a while and is a good player. It wouldn't make sense for them to lynch someone who has several people thinking they are wolves. Almost all of the players left, with the exception of BSC/VMH, are high on someone's wolf list.
This is what I was thinking as well. Nobody had seriously brought him up as a lynch candidate in days, I don't think he had gotten any votes in at least the last 3 cycles.

I can see wolf jilary killing sov in order to use that argument, maybe, but it seems like too much effort for a lynch that probably wasn't going to come her way if she didn't draw attention to herself.

This is what I was thinking as well. Nobody had seriously brought him up as a lynch candidate in days, I don't think he had gotten any votes in at least the last 3 cycles.
wut? no lynch votes for SOV?
Clearly a sign the apocalypse is upon us.
Repent WW sinners. Repent before it is too late.

So, in reading back through, I found some kaydubs posts in which she kind of backs up 1dog (AB too). I know wolves can defend non wolves but the feeling I'm getting from that is different. I'm almost leaning more towards 1dog for lynch over Jilary.

Reactions: 1 user
Working my way through some stuff on thread now. Be prepared for a deluge of posts.

I didn't want to put it yesterday because I didn't want to make BSC/VMH a wolf kill target. I'm not sure that matters as much at this point in the game, so I believe they are the other mason. Every single other person in this game either voted for PBC, said she was suspicious or PBC voted for them/said they were suspicious. So barring conversion, BSC/VMH is a villager.
I'm sure others have said this but I don't really think conversion is likely to be a big mechanic this game. I haven't noticed anyone posting differently and I think it would be off to have conversion since there haven't been any no kill nights to my knowledge.

I will argue that I don't think killing me overnight would have been a good wolfkill option, as BSC was posting so minimally that they were definitely likely to be modkilled soon and focusing on killing off that person would probably be low priority for a wolf, who I think would rather target talkative and intuitive players who are more likely to help the village suss out wolves. For that reason I think the two biggest targets for wolf kills probably would have been SOV and DVMD.

As Zen pointed out, the goal may not have been to get specific players to argue but rather to make all of the players scramble because they are losing a player who is opinionated and often helps guide the other villagers to heavily investigate specific players.

The other benefit of a scramble is that it is easy for a wolf to fill in the same role of the person they killed - that is, encouraging players to investigate specific players and possibly lynch them. Everyone does this during lynch (as in "I have feels on this person! Does anyone else agree?"), but a strategic and persistent wolf could probably do some significant steering during lynches.

So, in reading back through, I found some kaydubs posts in which she kind of backs up 1dog (AB too). I know wolves can defend non wolves but the feeling I'm getting from that is different. I'm almost leaning more towards 1dog for lynch over Jilary.
I'm definitely feeling 1dog more than Jilary right now too.

I'm going to

Lynch 1dog

I'm still at lunch for a little while to discuss and may still change my vote. But want to get in a vote, so I don't forget later.

This and the fact that she voted for a third party in the AB/1dog led lynch, and that after that lynch everyone basically put 1dog on the back burner, has me leaning heavily towards 1dog. I don't have much in the village column for her either, whereas I do for everyone else.

I want to drop my vote now (1dog) because I don't see much changing, but if we're wrong I don't want the wolves to be able to pile on and end the lynch early...sigh. I'm going to try to check in maybe around 7 and if there hasn't been more discussion or anything to change my mind I'll vote then.

I want to drop my vote now (1dog) because I don't see much changing, but if we're wrong I don't want the wolves to be able to pile on and end the lynch early...sigh. I'm going to try to check in maybe around 7 and if there hasn't been more discussion or anything to change my mind I'll vote then.
Agree we should be careful with dropping votes right now due to plurality rules. It seems that a lot of the voting for this cycle is going to be done right before close, barring DVMD who won't be able to get on at close.

Reading through old posts, I'm getting a ton of feels on 1dog. I was working on compiling some of the suspicious things I found but my computer is currently having a horrible meltdown. Once it's back up I'll see if I can get my compilation back together again.

I would also be interested to see what 1dog has to say about everyone's suspicions. I really don't think "sorry, nooby play!" is going to cut it, especially with other players recently complimenting her play style/getting this far in the game.

Guys, you really don't want to lynch me. That's game over :(
(I mean, wolves probably don't care. But villagers should reconsider )

I would also be interested to see what 1dog has to say about everyone's suspicions. I really don't think "sorry, nooby play!" is going to cut it, especially with other players recently complimenting her play style/getting this far in the game.

Well it would be helpful if I knew exactly why you were having suspicions... I know your computer is being funky, but I can't exactly argue sketchiness when I don't know where it's coming from.

Well it would be helpful if I knew exactly why you were having suspicions... I know your computer is being funky, but I can't exactly argue sketchiness when I don't know where it's coming from.
I'm working on it, sorry for the long wait. I know it sucks not knowing what to defend yourself against.

Out of curiosity who is on your most suspicious list?