BOWWLING TOURNAMENT GAME THREAD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would enjoy if fluff was the last wolf because it means I voted for a wolf every cycle and shot the other one.
Sorry to disappoint 😅

Members don't see this ad.

Just want to say I forgive the remaining wolves for my death last night, since I just woke up to an offer from a vet school I really, really want to attend!

(I'm ~37% confident that my death in WW caused this acceptance, but I can't be sure :unsure:)
Woooow congratulations!! Where??

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just want to say I forgive the remaining wolves for my death last night, since I just woke up to an offer from a vet school I really, really want to attend!

(I'm ~37% confident that my death in WW caused this acceptance, but I can't be sure :unsure:)
Congratulations!!

It's not that they played dirty (actual dirty play is rare on here thankfully), but rather they played in a way that'll make it near impossible to clear them in future games.

I like being clear for voting/getting pushed by a wolf. Some people enjoy the challenge of being perpetual POE, but for me this would be a nightmare scenario. So it's second hand stress thinking about the uphill battle they'll have for at least a year to earn a spot in village reads regardless of affiliation.
Isn't this the goal for wolves, though? Don't wolves want to sneak under the radar and slip into village reads so they can win the game?
I feel like if it were immediately apparent who the wolves were then it wouldn't be fun or a game. It would just be "yeah that's obvious yeet AM" x1000.

Isn't this the goal for wolves, though? Don't wolves want to sneak under the radar and slip into village reads so they can win the game?
I feel like if it were immediately apparent who the wolves were then it wouldn't be fun or a game. It would just be "yeah that's obvious yeet AM" x1000.
Absolutely. That's why it isn't the slightest bit dirty.

My fear just comes from things like samac being reasonably attacked for volunteering mechanical information that doesn't lead to a direct wolf death. Basically everyone that's flipped have to play even more intensely then they previously had as villagers or fall into POE since this game is now a reference point.

It's not that they were obvious wolves this game, but that they'll be won't be obvious villagers even if they work hard to push a wolf/are first choice for clearly negative actions in future games. I have to relearn what makes them villagey since the wolf range has dilated more.

Reactions: 1 users
I just want everyone to know that I’m pretty sure stoaty and I are both surreptitiously checking the thread while 4 feet away from each other and pretending that we’re busy doing actual work.

Can’t confirm for sure… but I suspect.

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Hmm
Reactions: 11 users
I just want everyone to know that I’m pretty sure stoaty and I are both surreptitiously checking the thread while 4 feet away from each other and pretending that we’re busy doing actual work.

Can’t confirm for sure… but I suspect.
How long until your entire lab is doing this?

• Haha
How long until your entire lab is doing this?
I'm not really in the friend group of most of my lab, so I don't think it's likely that I'd be able to recruit other people. I don't fit in that great 🥺
stoaty mainly likes me because I pay her

• Care
  • Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users
I'm not really in the friend group of most of my lab, so I don't think it's likely that I'd be able to recruit other people. I don't fit in that great 🥺
Def not true boss, Diamond [redacted] doles out the megabucks

• Haha
It's all your travel-efficient, sparkling personality 😊

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
🥺🥺*immediately plans on going to MN to help out shorty, stoaty and the gang*

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users

Congrats violets! :clap::claps::biglove:

Village:
Animal Midwife - Still feel good about my read here. My strongest village read.

samac - I’m seeing a lot of wild off the wall energy that I expect from village Samac. She’s asking the right questions and making the right pushes I expect from a villager.

Lawpy - His posts make sense. I mostly follow his logic. The stubbornness was frustrating but I don’t think Lawpy is a wolf.

Aprilthearab - Her push on Vis was genuine, and early. 100% a villager.

puppydogtor - Position on the vis vote was gold. Unless there’s some wacky bussing going on, this is a villager.

potentialsheltervet - PSV still feels like a noob villager. I’m not seeing anything that’s pinging me. Slight village read here.

SportPonies - Her position on the Vis vote cements this as a villager for me. I’m still freaked out by her asking for the vig to role reveal. For that she’s staying at the bottom of my village reads.

Neutral:
justafluff - Nothing useful from the vis vote to move Fluff one way or another. Vis’s lack of push here is concerning though.

Youngkal - I’m not seeing anything that makes me think this is a villager. BUT Vissy’s push here only makes sense if this is a villager. Neutral for now.

Wolfy:
violetvett - At this point I feel like I was played by the role reveal. I haven’t seen any posts that makes me think this is a villager. Very little concrete analysis that I feel good about.

Alleycat03 - I think I gave her too much credit for early game. Her latest pushes, me especially feels off and disingenuous. I think she was buddying up with me so that if she went down it would make me look bad. I’m disappointed I fell into this trap.

Melchizedek - April and AM in his POE should have been the last straw. His reads have made no sense, his pushes make no sense. This is a wolf and 100% where I’d be voting today. If Mel doesn’t flip wolf, just vote me out. I don’t want to deal with being this wrong and fighting off the misyeet all cycle.
Revisiting this

It hindsight, it really didn't. Kind of just a waste, but I had a last-minute feeling that all the waffles away from violet and piling onto fluff/ivy were off. I didn't like any of the three predominant options so I quick tried to find a waffler who I've had slight pings about. Hoped maybe by some chance others had similar vote placements.
Hmm :unsure:

Vis
stoat
April

puppy
kal
Zenge

Ivy
violet
zuri
Octo
Sporty
meats

Oxy
fluff
alley

shelter
samac
Lawpy
True

genny
AM
Mel

Edit: quoted from my role PM, forgot to move the quote tags. Fixed now.

My reasonings here are mostly vague feelings and/or snap impressions, but I can try to answer questions about specific placements.

For those unfamiliar with my general process, everyone starts neutral, village points move you towards the green end, wolf points move you towards the red end. So those in neutral may have no points either way, or equal points in both directions. I don't have any super strong wolf or village reads atm, though I am attempting a reread (on page 6 right now).

I kind of feel weird about it because of my history with reading her so might change, but for now

Yeet Vis
Revisiting this

I will role reveal closer to vote close if necessary, but my role doesn't make me look very good. :(

Frame 3 Official Vote Tally

meats (1)- lawpy
alley () -
YK (5) - Mel, samac, Zenge, meats, alley
Vis (6) - puppy, april, sporty, blue, violet, kal
Mel (2) - fluff, shelty

Leading: @Viscernable

Ineligible to vote: AM

14/16

Missing: @Viscernable, @OctopusDoctorpus

Day close: ~30 minutes EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND

View attachment 348927

Unvote YK
Vote Visc

1. I’m trying to solidify the divide between these two because I’m not in the mood for another tie and I don’t trust the rest of you hooligans while I’m driving home.
2. @justafluff @potentialsheltervet your complaints about me have been registered. Can we crack some of the people more in the PoE and if I’m wrong then by all means vote me.

Frame 3 Official Vote Tally

meats (1)- lawpy
alley () -
YK (4) - samac, Zenge, meats, alley
Vis (7) - puppy, april, sporty, blue, violet, kal, Mel
Mel (2) - fluff, shelty

Leading: @Viscernable

Ineligible to vote: AM

14/16

Missing: @Viscernable, @OctopusDoctorpus

Day close: ~20 minutes EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND

View attachment 348929
I don’t know how to feel about samacs and zenges parked on YK like that

• Hmm
FINAL Frame 1 Official Voting Tally

Dubbie () -
AM () -
True () -
Mel (1) - Zenge
Bluey (4) - Lawpy, Dubz, samac, kal
genny (1) - AM
Zuriburi () -
Samac (1) - Sporty
Puppy (1) - violet
Octopus (-) -
Fluff (2) - alley, puppy
Violet (1) - April
Lawpy (1) - Oxygen
Ivy (1) - genny
Vis (3)- zuri, True, Blue
April (2) - Meats, Mel
Zenge () -
kal (4) - shelty, fluff, Vis, octopus

TIED: @youngkal and @bluestoat

22/23, a single vote was missing
@IvyMoose

DAY CLOSED!

View attachment 348682

Frame 2 Official *FINAL* Voting Tally (as of post 2324- when I closed vote)

Vis (1) - Octo
Meats (1) - AM
Violet (1) - Lawpy
OctoDoc (1) - blue
zuri () -
Sporty (2) - Mel, True
Oxygen ()
Ivy (7) - April, ykal, violet, jfluff, Vis, zuri, vmh
Fluff (5) - Sporty, Zenge, potentialshelter, alley, puppydr
April ()

Leading: *freeshrugs*

Ineligible: samac

18/20
missing:
@IvyMoose @WorthlessOxygen

Day close:10PM EST/9PM CST/7PM FANTASYLAND
So i mentioned earlier that zenges was actively voting offwagon whenever his packmate is in the lead and creating resistance that way

I could see samacs doing the same

But if that’s the case, i don’t think this fits with samacs and zenges suddenly voting wolf!YK early like that and only making a very delayed switch to vissy that came at day close and didn’t count

I don't think I can fight a shelter yeet because it's mainly just tone I'm village reading. They both bother me for different reasons.

I haven’t been impressed with YK’s contributions. I looked through her posts yesterday, wasn’t feeling anything that made me village. One mediocre reads list, a lot of defensiveness and not a lot of apparent wolf hunting. Flipping her would also resolve vissy for everyone else who I think is village.

I’m going to
Yeet YK

I agree with the Vis vote. I think there's likely a wolf there. I usually expect to see more thoughtful game solving from village vis. If it gets close enough to need it push it over the edge I'll move but I want to see what happens if things are a little closer with some other players.

Yeet YK

🥺🥺*immediately plans on going to MN to help out shorty, stoaty and the gang*
It was -3⁰ this morning, bring coats 🥶

• Wow
  • Care
You guys can vote me, but it won't work. I'm Bo Derek, and once ten players of any affiliation died in the game I gained a 1x death protection. With wolves apparently getting multiple night kills and the possibility of there being at least two wolves left I'm worried the wolves will reach parity in the extra time it takes to yeet me.

You guys can vote me, but it won't work. I'm Bo Derek, and once ten players of any affiliation died in the game I gained a 1x death protection. With wolves apparently getting multiple night kills and the possibility of there being at least two wolves left I'm worried the wolves will reach parity in the extra time it takes to yeet me.
I seriously doubt there's more than one wolf left.

It was -3⁰ this morning, bring coats 🥶
See I've thought about applying for a particular job out there next year but things like this make me question my Floridian blood's chance of survival

• Care
  • Sad
Reactions: 2 users
See I've thought about applying for a particular job out there next year but things like this make me question my Floridian blood's chance of survival
We can snuggle in a blanket and stay warm

• Care
  • Love
  • Sad
Reactions: 4 users
So we need to decide between YK and pshelty i think.

The problem with YK is we risk a real threat of a misyeet and have to deal with the pshelty with a death avoidance in a more precarious situation

Whereas if we resolve the pshelty situation now, we can possibly have a less riskier situation

Now pshelty could be a villager with 1x deathproof… but… we already have 2 village protectors already. Ugh.

The problem with YK is we risk a real threat of a misyeet and have to deal with the pshelty with a death avoidance in a more precarious situation

Whereas if we resolve the pshelty situation now, we can possibly have a less riskier situation

Now pshelty could be a villager with 1x deathproof… but… we already have 2 village protectors already. Ugh.
I'm not a protector though. I was a vanillager (or not so vanillager) until 10 players died, and now I have 1x death protection.

The thing is we're at 7 players right now, so I don't see a losing situation regardless of if we vote shelter or yk first.