WWhat Theme? Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for playing!!
Thank for running!

The theme made me smile. Creative idea for 7 players

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was so scared when the write up didn’t come last night that we blew it lol
Its because I just said in the pm BANG BANG chillbo and dubs wanted to confirm that was the action.... But I was sleeping .

Truly skill issue moment on my part tbh

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Now
I didn’t think AM was wolfing
But all those circles were IF chillbo flipped village she’s all I’d have with process of elimination.
I know I was all she had to. That’s me just making me making use of the cycle cause I can’t bring myself just to **** post without someone being mechanically outted.

I didn’t want that knock down drag out. I’m glad we were right

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
AM I love you and missed you
Nice to play with you Dy!
Nice shot santy
Clem I wanted to village read you and it was right :heckyeah:
Shelty sorrrrrrrry
Chillbo nice to meet you!

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I was also vanilla. I was keeping my mouth shut in case the game somehow kept going maybe a wolf would think I had a valuable Pr and kill me
:shrug:

No F3!

• Care
Thanks for the fun though guys. That was exhilarating.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
The PR like of shame and VT care of solidarity.
Screenshot_20230921-103502-371.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Small game Clem too strong

• Care
was good to play on sdn again

kaydubs, thanks for hosting! Also what were the conditions for conversion?
Happy to do so! Conversion was wholly RNG with frequency starting at like 20%ish risk n1 and increasing each night.
What is a varied risk convert villager
see above. I can’t recall if we’ve had a similar role on the sdn server before but I imagine it’s been done elsewhere.

With the small roster and based on previous game histories, I was hesitant to have an absolute conversion in the game but thought this role was a compromise of sorts.

Small roster size made balance a challenge for sure 😅

• Wow
guess my initial instinct was right :rofl:

• Care
Happy to do so! Conversion was wholly RNG with frequency starting at like 20%ish risk n1 and increasing each night.

see above. I can’t recall if we’ve had a similar role on the sdn server before but I imagine it’s been done elsewhere.

With the small roster and based on previous game histories, I was hesitant to have an absolute conversion in the game but thought this role was a compromise of sorts.

Small roster size made balance a challenge for sure 😅
Wowee

Did dya know they had a chance to convert each night?

THATS WHY YOU DONT COME FOR THE KING, SON

eh **** it

I am a villager that can convert. I can't ever see being in a 7 person game that starts with 2 wolves and can convert a 3rd

yes, I can be converted to a wolf. Which i hate conversion mechanics fwiw
They definitely knew they could convert, if not the percentage part lol

Yes, they did. Or at least I hinted at it in the role description.
Then I'm claiming my d1 poe placement as God tier, no ifs ands whats or butts

• Wow
  • Care
I wondered - how come we don't we have role lists at the start of our games? They do on the avocado where I've been playing a little, example below (I got permission to screenshot)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230921-220957.png
    Screenshot_20230921-220957.png
    199.2 KB · Views: 23
I wondered - how come we don't we have role lists at the start of our games? They do on the avocado where I've been playing a little, example below (I got permission to screenshot)
Because we primarily do closed setups here.

Because open setups are the literal worst and stifle creativity as a mod.

• Hmm
Well, you can still be creative with open setups. You just have to make sure there are no loud notifications or write up hints because we'd definitely abuse that to a game-breaking point.

Open setups are really fun pls, you just have ti be creative with it . Having a setup able to create chaos with the pieces of the puzzle in plain sight is *really* fun to play with .

And you cant be taken by surprise or have paranoia about converts or cultist, good stuff for sanity of the players.

Both type of setups are good imo

Well, you can still be creative with open setups. You just have to make sure there are no loud notifications or write up hints because we'd definitely abuse that to a game-breaking point.
That said, I'm not particularly a fan of write-up hints in any setup . Feels like mod being involved and giving crumbs to the players .
Most of the times they dont get it or induce dumb paranoia which is fun, but feels kinda bad if someone connects dots thanks to write-up information and catches you when you are scum .

And Loud notifications is part of the core balance of the setup so thats something the mod always takes into account when balancing.

/Rant end. *Gives love to open setups*

You can’t be creative with mechanics in an open setup.

Maybe they’re fine for some people, they’re atrocious for someone who likes to design games the way I do :laugh: imagine stardeww as an open setup, it would suck

• Care
  • Angry
Having a setup able to create chaos with the pieces of the puzzle in plain sight is *really* fun to play with .
Speaking from my so far limited experience I agree! The false claims are especially fun lol