C/O 2018 Campbell University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What do you guys think about the school? I have the interview here also but I think I am going to cancel it. I just don't like the location.

Members don't see this ad.

I have my interview next tuesday and if I get accepted I will most likely accept. I did already get accepted to Wingate and denied acceptance because of the location. I think that you should compare it to the schools you applied to and which ones you are more likely to be accepted at. Because what if you denied this school for another one but you end up not getting accepted? would you be ok with waiting one more year to re-apply?

The location is the only thing I didn't like about the school. The people are so great and the program seems to be one of the best

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How long did Campbell give you to decide? What did you end up deciding, go to Campbell or another Pharmacy School? What other offers do you have?

Today is my last day to decide if i want to go to Campbell and I think i am going to pass and give up my spot to someone else. it is a great school, just not the best location

I'm still waiting to get an interview offer from Campbell. I applied at the beginning of October.

How long did Campbell give you to decide? What did you end up deciding, go to Campbell or another Pharmacy School? What other offers do you have?

They gave me about two weeks to decide. I was accepted the day of my interview and I was seriously considering Campbell but it was the first and only pharmD interview I'd had and I didn't want to decide without seeing my other options. I have an interview at Wingate and UGA. But my top choices are UCSF and UNC and I have yet to hear back from them

I just received my acceptance call!!!! I loved the school and wish I can go ahead and start! =]

Does anyone have an interview on January 16th?

Hello All. Im new to this thread, but I received an interview for January 30. Im coming in from DC on Greyhound. Im not sure how I am going to get to the school yet :/. If anyone is interviewing on the same day could shed some light on how they are getting to and from it would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello All. Im new to this thread, but I received an interview for January 30. Im coming in from DC on Greyhound. Im not sure how I am going to get to the school yet :/. If anyone is interviewing on the same day could shed some light on how they are getting to and from it would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, does the greyhound take you all the way to Buies Creek? I know a few people in Chapel Hill, NC so I took the MegaBus (cost me $26) to Chapel Hill, then drove to Buies Creek on day of interview (1 hr). Not sure if that helps.

Hey, does the greyhound take you all the way to Buies Creek? I know a few people in Chapel Hill, NC so I took the MegaBus (cost me $26) to Chapel Hill, then drove to Buies Creek on day of interview (1 hr). Not sure if that helps.
It will only take me to Raleigh. :( Looks like ill be catching a cab

It will only take me to Raleigh. :( Looks like ill be catching a cab

That would be a costly option to cab from Raleigh wouldn't it? Raleigh is about 43 mins away. Unless that's what the school suggests. You may also look into renting a car.
Between, I also came in for my interview from DC. Caught the megabus from union station to Durham. I also know the Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area cause I went to school there. Let me know if any other questions and good luck.

Last edited:
anyone know when the next interview date is after Feb 6? Anyone applying for the dual program. Separate interviews for it ?

My interview is Thursday. I'm a senior biochem major here at Campbell. Hoping for the best.

Interviews on 30 Jan cancelled due to winter advisory -- will be further instructed via email concerning new dates.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

Interviewing February 6th. Have an interview with UNC-CH the 27th. Stats:
GPA 3.573, 3.433 (Science)
PCAT 97 composite
3 years retail pharmacy experience (registered tech) under preceptor for UNC-CH.
1 year of research experience (structural biology)
Senior at Campbell, biochemistry major with minors in biology, chemistry, and general sciences.

Accepted! Truthfully, not my first choice, but since I applied to two places I love, I think I can't make a wrong decision.
They called at 5 PM the day of my interview (today, Feb 6.) The interview process was unintimidating and painless. It's not a big town school, but I find it suits my needs.

I have an interview next thursday feb 20th. Anyone else for that day?

Thank you! Any tips? :)

Bring water, a padfolio, and a nice pen.

You will have an interview with a group, as well as a two-on-one. You'll get a question from a pile, you'll have a minute to read it, and you must respond to that question. They'll go around the table, and you'll have a chance to chime in. I really enjoyed that. I'm talkative in academic settings, so that's where I shined.

The two on one consist of a student and a faculty member asking you standard questions. Breathe. Dig deep, and don't be afraid to ask for a moment to consider the question.

Above all: show your love for pharmacy. You wouldn't be there otherwise.

Bring water, a padfolio, and a nice pen.

You will have an interview with a group, as well as a two-on-one. You'll get a question from a pile, you'll have a minute to read it, and you must respond to that question. They'll go around the table, and you'll have a chance to chime in. I really enjoyed that. I'm talkative in academic settings, so that's where I shined.

The two on one consist of a student and a faculty member asking you standard questions. Breathe. Dig deep, and don't be afraid to ask for a moment to consider the question.

Above all: show your love for pharmacy. You wouldn't be there otherwise.

Sounds great! Thanks a lot! :)
And I'll definitely take my resume as well!
Congrats on being accepted!

Any suggestions on where to spend the night? Are there hotels closer to the campus? From the feedback, it seems like nearest city is about 15-20 miles away?? Im landing in FAY

Any suggestions on where to spend the night? Are there hotels closer to the campus? From the feedback, it seems like nearest city is about 15-20 miles away?? Im landing in FAY
There's a Microtel 10 min from campus toward Lillington.

There's a Microtel 10 min from campus toward Lillington.
Thanks! I chose that one! So far so good!
And now I know what everyone meant by bad location lol
Excited for tomorrow nonetheless! :)

Thanks! I chose that one! So far so good!
And now I know what everyone meant by bad location lol
Excited for tomorrow nonetheless! :)
A so called "suitcase campus"

Accepted! They're super fast with their decisions.
Congratulations! I had an interview there today also, but I haven't received a call yet. Do you know if they call everyone on the same day?

Congrats to everyone who got accepted!!! I've been looking for housing near Buise Creek, NC or around the area but couldnt find any :(. Anyone here looking for roomate? or wanting to live with someone? im pretty laid back and like a quiet house/apartment nothing too crazy. Message if you are interested :D!

Accepted! They're super fast with their decisions.
HEY! i got accepted too! Im curious to know who you are since we were probably at the interview session together. and congrats!

Love2013, Congrats! I'm so happy to hear that you got accepted as well. Will you guys be choosing to attend Campbell?

Congrats all! :)
Did everyone receive a call? You guys know how long does it take for them to send out an email with more info??And how much is the deposit?

I interviewed on 2/20 and got accepted the next day!

I received an official email this morning with more info.
Deposit is $2000 due in 2 weeks from when that email was sent.
And I should expect some paperwork in mail as well for me to sign and send back.

Ps. Any females looking for a roommate? Message me :)

Just so y'all know, it's fifteen business days for the deposit and they will work with you. 2k? Damn.

Has anybody been accepted with a "lower" gpa? Around 3.1-3.2?

Hey guys, I have a question. has anybody tried getting back their 2k deposit? I got into UNC but had already deposited 2k at Campbell I know its says it is non refundable but I'm a very low income student and 2k is really too much for me to not get back. Any suggestions?

Giving up my spot, was accepted to UNC. I'll always be a camel at heart, but I'm off to greener pastures.