C/O 2018 LECOM: Bradenton, FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmSR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I know it's a little early to start a thread but since PharmCAS has already opened the application for the 2013-2014 cycle I figured... HERE WE GO!!! Feel free to ask questions, post stats, and chat while we all go through this long process together. Good luck!! :D

Members don't see this ad.

This is funny, I just got accepted for c/o 2017 about 2 months ago and still haven't sent in all my paperwork yet....GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE , it was fairly easy process from application to acceptance.

Has Anyone heard back from LECOM yet about fall 14 applications?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has Anyone heard back from LECOM yet about fall 14 applications?

Last year no one heard from them until end of August/beginning of September. They are still trying to get things settled for our class (orientation, school schedules, etc). I applied end of August last year did not hear anything until mid September.

This is one of the Florida schools I am applying to as well.

I just e-submitted my PharmCAS. Looking forward to another year of applying. *Never giving up* Applying late and putting all my eggs in one basket really did hurt me.

Best of luck everyone!

If someone could let me know how long it took for PharmCAS to calculate your GPA / and receive transcripts this time of year? Since I did mine really late, everything just got pushed back and since my stats aren't the best, I was not chosen to have a seat for LECOM.

PharmCAS Calculations*
3.01 cumulative
2.8 science
BS in biology which was obtained this past may. My PharmCAS GPA was not updated from Spring 2013 which I did well in.
2+ Years of Pharmacy Retail Experience
Volunteer / Academic Involvement which may bore everyone if I went into detail.

This was from last year. How's school going for you Bumpntrunk?

Oh and how long did it take for PharmCAS to receive transcripts, update gpa, and mail out to the designated schools?

Well I had pretty similar stats: 2.8 sgpa, 2.9 cgpa, got a BA and an MA in business so yu should have a pretty good shot. I applied pretty much at the deadline for the cycle and pharmcas took 2-3 weeks to process each thing from getting the transcripts to calculating the gpa so bout month and a half. once it was done, everything got mailed the following week. This is the second week and man things are moving fast. I have just been trying to stay ahead of the readings for each class but haven't started doing the learning objectives given for each section which is what the exams are based on. Plus the assignments on top of all that and in my case I have a 7 year old who takes up quite a bit of time and also trying to find time to spend with my wife. Pretty much no down time except I make a point to go to the beach for half a day on the weekend with my fam so they don't forget my face. Anyway, good luck this cycle as it is way early compared to when I applied so pharmcas processing times might be different from when I submitted my app.

Well I had pretty similar stats: 2.8 sgpa, 2.9 cgpa, got a BA and an MA in business so yu should have a pretty good shot. I applied pretty much at the deadline for the cycle and pharmcas took 2-3 weeks to process each thing from getting the transcripts to calculating the gpa so bout month and a half. once it was done, everything got mailed the following week. This is the second week and man things are moving fast. I have just been trying to stay ahead of the readings for each class but haven't started doing the learning objectives given for each section which is what the exams are based on. Plus the assignments on top of all that and in my case I have a 7 year old who takes up quite a bit of time and also trying to find time to spend with my wife. Pretty much no down time except I make a point to go to the beach for half a day on the weekend with my fam so they don't forget my face. Anyway, good luck this cycle as it is way early compared to when I applied so pharmcas processing times might be different from when I submitted my app.

Thanks man, really appreciate the support. It's impressive on how you're balancing everything. I can't even imagine how you're pulling it off. I'm working right now at CVS/Pharmacy and learning as much as I can. It passes the time well so it works out for me I guess. Just checked pharmcas and they received all of my transcripts so hopefully it goes up a tad bit from the final semester of my undergrad. Took a lot of upper level classes to help prepare me for pharmacy school too, so I hope they consider that as well. I noticed the prerequisites aren't that bad and most students can finish early on and go the PCAT route. If LECOM did a prereq gpa, I'd be over a solid 3.6 haha and I'd have no problem then. I had a great time flying down to Sarasota and enjoying a different atmosphere though. Love to be there and attend school.

PharmCAS Verification Complete.

Last edited:
I also got that date but I will be traveling. They offer interviews on Tuesday and Thursdays only. I was offered a date in mid Oct, mid Nov, or mid Dec. I see a trend... :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got that date but I will be traveling. They offer interviews on Tuesday and Thursdays only. I was offered a date in mid Oct, mid Nov, or mid Dec. I see a trend... :)

Sounds about right! Good luck :) I'm still waiting for my app to be sent out and get my supplemental

Hey we were both in the same boat for the last application cycle. I submitted my supplemental today as well. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us :)

Hey we were both in the same boat for the last application cycle. I submitted my supplemental today as well. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of us :)

Hey, yes we are :) we had the same day interview except mine was the morning right? Maybe this time we will have at the same exact time lol. Glad we started this time! Let me know if you hear something. If I find out I'll let you know!

does this school require pcat? Ive heard conflicting stories about this.

what I believe is that if you haven't done PCAT, they will ask you to write essay at the interview..whether if you have Bachelor degree or not.

anyways, PCAT is good for you. go take it!

what I believe is that if you haven't done PCAT, they will ask you to write essay at the interview..whether if you have Bachelor degree or not.

anyways, PCAT is good for you. go take it!

Correct if you have a BS but no PCAT. You have to write a shirt essay. If you took the PCAT then you don't have to do the writing.

Have a bachelors, no PCAT. Did the essay which was a joke, they don't even really care bout it but they need to have it on file to show you can at least write.

Anymore invites to interviews? I submitted my supplemental on Monday.

I got the invitation yesterday :D now I'm kind of worried and excited about it :D

You'll get accepted for sure. Stay Postive :)

When's your interview? I got mine scheduled at 7:45 am on October 24th! So excited.

:D awesome, what's your plan for hotel, car rental and stuff like that?

Car Rental - Hertz
Hotel - Holiday Inn

My friend works at Hertz in Las Vegas and they gave me a SUV for like 30 dollars. I'm not 25 so it was that price. The Holiday Inn is very close to the school (maybe 1-2 miles?) Great deals there and have a complimentary breakfast which is really good.

Chase is awesome in this case...I managed to make everything free from flight to hotel..the only thing I need to spend is car rental and gas. I'll be staying at Sheraton Suit, and using Southwest to go to Tampa.

Chase is awesome in this case...I managed to make everything free from flight to hotel..the only thing I need to spend is car rental and gas. I'll be staying at Sheraton Suit, and using Southwest to go to Tampa.

How did you do that :( I think i will have to spend at least 800 bucks :( Plane, hotel, car, and maybe a pizza :-/

But yeah, Im only 21 so car rental is not gonna be cheap, the cheapest on i saw was like 50 bucks :-/

How did you do that :( I think i will have to spend at least 800 bucks :( Plane, hotel, car, and maybe a pizza :-/

But yeah, Im only 21 so car rental is not gonna be cheap, the cheapest on i saw was like 50 bucks :-/

well u gotta study how point system works first. many credit cards give u opportunities to build up some valuable points...in my case, Chase and SPG. Chase has partnered point system with southwest, Hyatt. Buying flight ticket from southwest with points is way cheaper than using cash overall.

I've been using chase for years, I'm going to look into this. Thanks for the information. Hope I'm on that kind of deal you're on. Lol

I've been using chase for years, I'm going to look into this. Thanks for the information. Hope I'm on that kind of deal you're on. Lol

here is one critical hint, you must have chase sapphire preferred, or Ink Bold, or Ink Plus card to use copartner point system.. other than these cards, you cannot

For those that received and interview, when did you guys submitt your supplemental? I submitted mine on August 27th.

For those that received and interview, when did you guys submitt your supplemental? I submitted mine on August 27th.

hey bro. yea i turned mine in as soon as supplemental app opened. just be patient and u will get an invitation ;) you have better stat than I have !!

I submitted mine about a week before you did. I received an invitation a little more than a week after. They're probably still reviewing your application.

hey bro. yea i turned mine in as soon as supplemental app opened. just be patient and u will get an invitation ;) you have better stat than I have !!

I submitted mine about a week before you did. I received an invitation a little more than a week after. They're probably still reviewing your application.

Kaido your living proof that stats are overrated. It's about the whole package. Plus me and you got very similar stats lol. I'm not freaking out.......yet lol, just curious.

Since the interviews are closed files and if you get invited to an interview I am sure they want to just see how you are as a person. So you should be okay stats wise if you're invited for an interview :)

Since the interviews are closed files and if you get invited to an interview I am sure they want to just see how you are as a person. So you should be okay stats wise if you're invited for an interview :)
oh wait. the interviews are closed file? for some reason i've been thinking they were open file interview

On their admission website where i checked my status, they processed everything on 8/29 and no under status it said that my application is being reviewd, how long did it take since they review until they invited you for an interview?

On their admission website where i checked my status, they processed everything on 8/29 and no under status it said that my application is being reviewd, how long did it take since they review until they invited you for an interview?
It took them two weeks to process mine, but I submitted everything on 8/14. Two weeks later, when you submitted yourself, you are more likely to be in a bigger pool of applicants they need to review. So honestly, there is really no sure answer. If you would like an answer, I would email the admissions coordinator. They are always helpful and there to assist. Additionally, in my opinion, following up shows your interest and that doesn't hurt.

It took them two weeks to process mine, but I submitted everything on 8/14. Two weeks later, when you submitted yourself, you are more likely to be in a bigger pool of applicants they need to review. So honestly, there is really no sure answer. If you would like an answer, I would email the admissions coordinator. They are always helpful and there to assist. Additionally, in my opinion, following up shows your interest and that doesn't hurt.

Well said.

For those of you that received interview for this school, do you mind sharing your stats?

Hello fellow applicants,

Thought I'd share a bit of my journey and hopefully ease some anxiety. I e-submitted through Pharmcas 9/4 with everything complete, then finished all of the available supplementals last Thursday and got an interview offer from LECOM-B on 9/23. The interview is October 17th, which it seems is everyone's interview date as well.

For those asking for stats:

Science GPA: 3.4
Non-Science: 3.98

I don't have a very impressive science GPA, probably in part due to my involvement on campus. I was a member and then VP of Relay For Life USF all 4 years, as well as a member and then Secretary of Alpha Epsilon Delta Pre-Health Honor Society all 4 years. Hopefully these will off-set the low science gpa because I definitely feel it's the weakest point of my application. I'm also applying with a bachelor's in Biomedical Science from USF.

PCAT Overall: 84
Bio: 92
Chem: 88
VA: 91
Reading Comp: 75
QA: 16 ... oopsies :confused:

The quantitative is laughable, but I basically just lost track of time. I have a 4.0 math GPA for twenty something math credits so hopefully, that will off-set an extremely low score there. I'm not going to bother to retake it at this point.

Non-Academic
I've been working full-time at CVS/Pharmacy since I graduated and am also a paid tutor at a local high school 20+ hours per week.

Not sure what to expect from the interview, but I'm not really worried about it. Looking forward to meeting everyone and best of luck!

Also, i was wondering what kind of essay will we have to write during the interview? Because i heard that you will have to write one at the school before the interviewing process?

I think those are pretty good stats.

The PCAT seems good except for what you said. When did you take it?

Also, did you take some time off after graduating before applying? I hear many people also take a gap year.