C/O 2018 LECOM: Bradenton, FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Well....I have friends that are pharmacy students in different schools and at lecom and they all have strict dress codes but they say its because your a professional and you have to be professional. I understand no food and drinks in the classrooms because people are slobs and well to clean and replace due to being slobs and bugs in Fl.. is costly and where would they have to get the money from..the students. Also, professors having attitudes comes with every school you go to.I have seen top research professors at my University slam doors
In students faces. One was there saying thank you and he valued his teaching and he started yelling at him and told not to come back. I heard it is not a prestigious college but its not an ivy league school. Its a small private college in Florida and if you are there with that attitude that it is a top ranked you will be disappointed and that is the only complaint I ever heard...but it was followed up with you are there to get your pharmD and you'll get that just like any other pharm college and its not as expensive. I was shown some of the P1 work from LECOM and it didn't seem to bad but it all depends on if you just did your prerequisite at community college versus you went beyond that at a big University. For example the biochemistry is nothing compared to my upper level biochemistry I took at my University for my degree. You never know the background of the individual with the negative views and the positive views likes and reasoning. I think this school is a lot more forgiving on students that are not the ideal student they seem to consider the person and life experiences not just how good your gpa is..almost like they are not giving up on those individuals like some other colleges due. I have noticed that reading some of the gpas excepted I like that and I don't think people should bash the school on here because this school might be the only school that gave some of the students a chance. Kind of degrading to knock their school so becareful how you go down this path of listing the bad.if someone wants to know negative details private msg them.its an accomplisment no matter what school you go to be proud and stay positive and good luck to everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Well....I have friends that are pharmacy students in different schools and at lecom and they all have strict dress codes but they say its because your a professional and you have to be professional. I understand no food and drinks in the classrooms because people are slobs and well to clean and replace due to being slobs and bugs in Fl.. is costly and where would they have to get the money from..the students. Also, professors having attitudes comes with every school you go to.I have seen top research professors at my University slam doors
In students faces. One was there saying thank you and he valued his teaching and he started yelling at him and told not to come back. I heard it is not a prestigious college but its not an ivy league school. Its a small private college in Florida and if you are there with that attitude that it is a top ranked you will be disappointed and that is the only complaint I ever heard...but it was followed up with you are there to get your pharmD and you'll get that just like any other pharm college and its not as expensive. I was shown some of the P1 work from LECOM and it didn't seem to bad but it all depends on if you just did your prerequisite at community college versus you went beyond that at a big University. For example the biochemistry is nothing compared to my upper level biochemistry I took at my University for my degree. You never know the background of the individual with the negative views and the positive views likes and reasoning. I think this school is a lot more forgiving on students that are not the ideal student they seem to consider the person and life experiences not just how good your gpa is..almost like they are not giving up on those individuals like some other colleges due. I have noticed that reading some of the gpas excepted I like that and I don't think people should bash the school on here because this school might be the only school that gave some of the students a chance. Kind of degrading to knock their school so becareful how you go down this path of listing the bad.if someone wants to know negative details private msg them.its an accomplisment no matter what school you go to be proud and stay positive and good luck to everyone!

Good post. It's all what you make it.

I don't know if any of you heard this part..but major problems I see from this school is that you have to find your own rotations. Why do you think their tuitions are cheaper than other private institution? there must be something not included

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know if any of you heard this part..but major problems I see from this school is that you have to find your own rotations. Why do you think their tuitions are cheaper than other private institution? there must be something not included

Can you just find rotations at hospitals or retail pharmacy?

Actually I am a student at LECOM Bradenton and they are placing us for our rotations as I just selected the sights where I would like to go and they use the order to choose the locations based on the order I ranked them

Actually I am a student at LECOM Bradenton and they are placing us for our rotations as I just selected the sights where I would like to go and they use the order to choose the locations based on the order I ranked them

Can you do rotation at different cities?

Hey guys, my interview is in 14 days and I am super nervous and worried. anyone on the same boat? I really want to get into this school :oops:

I'm nervous too....I hope you do well! I just sent my application so I haven't heard anything....eek.

See you can't believe everything you hear.

Well: as for DO students, I see them when Im there but have not had any problems of being treated like garbage so not sure what that's about. Yea the rules are strict but other then having to wear a tie, I haven't had any issues since I am there to go to class and learn and not much else. The professors are all very different as too their personality and teaching styles but they all pretty much start each class by addressing emails they get from students asking questions so they repeat the question and then give the answer so that everyone gets the info (questions regarding the material that is). As for people posting online that don't like the place, well everyone is different so of course some will like it and some wont. No one in my class that I have spoken with has any problems other than they may want to have a drink in class and they cant cause no food or beverage in classrooms allowed. Anyways, overall for me, I am fine with the school, the professors, and the rules. I show up to class, I go home and study, simple as that. If you want more, they have lots of clubs you can join. I choose to spend my free time (when not studying) with my wife and child at the pool or the beach. It can be as good or bad as you make it. The pace is fast and lots of info. You have to be able to study for quizzes and exams while reviewing and practicing problems for other classes that don't have exams and it never stops. That said, its four months and then the semester is over and its 4 years so make the sacrifice and hunker down then if all goes well you can enjoy the rest of your life as a pharmacist.

Thank you for your insight on the school! I've been hearing mixed feelings about this school as well & it's true that to each their own. Everyone has their own opinions & what they want to make of the pharmacy school they choose to go to. What year in pharmacy school are you may I ask?

So I submitted my supplement application at the end of Aug. and so far I haven't heard back from them, I also completed by pharmcas on 8/5/2013. I wonder how long does it take for them to reply back?
do they usually take longer, I know LECOM Erie always respond faster

How long it take to get your supplement from LECOM once pharmcas mailed your application....

You can fill out and submit the supplemental anytime you want.. Just follow the link on PharmCas

Members don't see this ad :)
You can fill out and submit the supplemental anytime you want.. Just follow the link on PharmCas

There isn't a link...says ill get email the link from leecom.

It was surreal this morning sitting in the hall studying for a drug card quiz and watching people tour the school during their interviews...to think that was me just 6 months ago...CRAZY!

It was surreal this morning sitting in the hall studying for a drug card quiz and watching people tour the school during their interviews...to think that was me just 6 months ago...CRAZY!

Yes...your very lucky...hopefully I can say that too...I hate waiting lol

Did anyone interview yesterday?? How did it go?

I'm talking about P4 rotation. are you sure about that

I was curious I have an overall science gpa with courses above the prerequisite for LECOM. Will LECOM recalculate the gpa based soley on required courses as well?

I was curious I have an overall science gpa with courses above the prerequisite for LECOM. Will LECOM recalculate the gpa based soley on required courses as well?

They will go by your pharmcas gpa

Sorry didn't see the other questions, Im a fresh P1,1st semester, spent all day today studying for A&P and now moving onto drug cards which also have test next week (like I said before the pace is serious). As for how long it takes for apps to get processed, its anyone's guess cause it depends on how many they have received plus now they are conducting interviews which also slows down app review process and they get more apps at different times (I didn't send mine in till just about the deadline). You can designate different cities for preferred rotation cites but doesn't mean you will get them, all you can do is list them by rank of preference and cross your fingers. Really the hardest part for some students is those who want out of state rotations.

Sorry didn't see the other questions, Im a fresh P1,1st semester, spent all day today studying for A&P and now moving onto drug cards which also have test next week (like I said before the pace is serious). As for how long it takes for apps to get processed, its anyone's guess cause it depends on how many they have received plus now they are conducting interviews which also slows down app review process and they get more apps at different times (I didn't send mine in till just about the deadline). You can designate different cities for preferred rotation cites but doesn't mean you will get them, all you can do is list them by rank of preference and cross your fingers. Really the hardest part for some students is those who want out of state rotations.

How are you liking your classes so far?

Anyone going to be here on the 24th of this month!?

Classes are fine, the class portal online works great with all the needed info posted in there for download. Just be ready to study all day and night when not in class (of course you could be a genius and learn it all in 5 minutes)

Hey guys,

I was wondering, I have an interview next week, but because I have an embarrassing PCAT score. I'm really nervous. I know that LEcom has open interview, so I really worry that after the interview, they see my score and :mad: deny me? I work full time and go to school full time so I took the test without having any study time at all. My GPA is ok, i think. :( really scare and worry.

Hey guys,

I was wondering, I have an interview next week, but because I have an embarrassing PCAT score. I'm really nervous. I know that LEcom has open interview, so I really worry that after the interview, they see my score and :mad: deny me? I work full time and go to school full time so I took the test without having any study time at all. My GPA is ok, i think. :( really scare and worry.

It's closed file I believe.

Oh yeah, closed :( so they don't know it until later right? after the interview?

Should just go in there..explain your short comings.I met someone with a eh gpa and a 37 pcat score and got in..she had a good interview..they asked her about her grades ect and she explained... So it is important to go in be confident and calm..I would love an interview but I have not heard from them.so you have an interview they looked at your stats so know you have something they liked or you wouldn't be there.. Good luck to you!

Should just go in there..explain your short comings.I met someone with a eh gpa and a 37 pcat score and got in..she had a good interview..they asked her about her grades ect and she explained... So it is important to go in be confident and calm..I would love an interview but I have not heard from them.so you have an interview they looked at your stats so know you have something they liked or you wouldn't be there.. Good luck to you!

That's exactly right. If they made the initiative to invite you for an interview, they already know all of your grades and circumstances as you explained in your application essays. Be confident and prepare well for your interview. I think they just want to see how you act, whether you're mature, professional enough for the program :) good luck and let us know how it goes for those that are coming in on the 17th :)

Thanks guys, and good luck for everyone else as well

Don't talk about grades unless they ask. With that being said its closed file so more than likely they won't ask.

Don't talk about grades unless they ask. With that being said its closed file so more than likely they won't ask.
Do you think it will be a problem afterward? because I thought that they will be able to see it after the interview and I don't want them to think that I hide anything. I just want them to know everything up front and see if they would accept me rather than my statistics.

Do you think it will be a problem afterward? because I thought that they will be able to see it after the interview and I don't want them to think that I hide anything. I just want them to know everything up front and see if they would accept me rather than my statistics.

No. If you got an interview then you qualify for their program. So don't shoot yourself in the foot by mentioning your GPA.

No. If you got an interview then you qualify for their program. So don't shoot yourself in the foot by mentioning your GPA.

Yes..if they ask you a question about your grades or short comings positively explain them don't volunteer negative info about yourself...the correct thing is to put your best foot forward. Make sure you answer the questions being asked showing your true personality. They are there to try to figure out you as the person not just stats. Even if they ask you about your weaknesses make sure u turn it into a positive. Even if they do not have your file they will assume you met the criteria to qualify for that interview they are just trying to know you and for you to get to know the school so you can decide if it is a good fit for you as well.So just be profesional and just stay calm. Look at it as your interviewing them just as much as they are interviewing you because not only do they have to accept you but you have to accept their offer to attend as well. Good luck hope this helped.

I just have officially dropped my interview opportunity for coming 17th October. Hopefully someone here can get that spot! good luck :thumbup:

Got an interview invitation for LECOM Bradenton last week. Its scheduled for Nov. 12th. Its really weird because they sent me the interview invitation before I completed the supplemental and they did not have my PCAT scores yet... and then also after I confirmed the interview, and they then confirmed I confirmed, lol, I get this email being like "your application is now under review". In any case, I guess I have an interview lol.

This isn't my top choice (I wanna go to LECOM Erie cuz its accelerated), but I feel like going to Florida for a couple days and who knows maybe I will like it! woohoo

Got an interview invitation for LECOM Bradenton last week. Its scheduled for Nov. 12th. Its really weird because they sent me the interview invitation before I completed the supplemental and they did not have my PCAT scores yet... and then also after I confirmed the interview, and they then confirmed I confirmed, lol, I get this email being like "your application is now under review". In any case, I guess I have an interview lol.

This isn't my top choice (I wanna go to LECOM Erie cuz its accelerated), but I feel like going to Florida for a couple days and who knows maybe I will like it! woohoo

When did you submit your application?

I just have officially dropped my interview opportunity for coming 17th October. Hopefully someone here can get that spot! good luck :thumbup:

Have you been accepted anywhere yet?

I have an interview at LECOM Florida too on Oct 17, and I already took the PCAT. Do you think I should provide them with a copy of my scores?

I have an interview at LECOM Florida too on Oct 17, and I already took the PCAT. Do you think I should provide them with a copy of my scores?

Yeah. I'm pretty sure they would want to see those scores as well if you took the PCAT

I submitted on Septmber 1st. Pharmcas mailed my application on the 23rd, and I received the invite Sept 30th.

Ty..I submited 9/12 and pharmcas sent it out 10/2....haven't heard anything yet the wait feels like forever even though its only been a week lol. Will they respond to your application regardless of yes or no?

Just wondering if I have a chance at this school

Pharmcas: 3.5GPA overall, 3.5GPA science, 68PCAT, 4 years pharmacy tech.

Just wondering if I have a chance at this school

Pharmcas: 3.5GPA overall, 3.5GPA science, 68PCAT, 4 years pharmacy tech.

Yea you will prob get an interview. Their avergage PCAT last year was like 40% they showed us at the interview I went to.