C/O 2018 LECOM: Bradenton, FL

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello fellow applicants,

Thought I'd share a bit of my journey and hopefully ease some anxiety. I e-submitted through Pharmcas 9/4 with everything complete, then finished all of the available supplementals last Thursday and got an interview offer from LECOM-B on 9/23. The interview is October 17th, which it seems is everyone's interview date as well.

For those asking for stats:

Science GPA: 3.4
Non-Science: 3.98

I don't have a very impressive science GPA, probably in part due to my involvement on campus. I was a member and then VP of Relay For Life USF all 4 years, as well as a member and then Secretary of Alpha Epsilon Delta Pre-Health Honor Society all 4 years. Hopefully these will off-set the low science gpa because I definitely feel it's the weakest point of my application. I'm also applying with a bachelor's in Biomedical Science from USF.

PCAT Overall: 84
Bio: 92
Chem: 88
VA: 91
Reading Comp: 75
QA: 16 ... oopsies :confused:

The quantitative is laughable, but I basically just lost track of time. I have a 4.0 math GPA for twenty something math credits so hopefully, that will off-set an extremely low score there. I'm not going to bother to retake it at this point.

Non-Academic
I've been working full-time at CVS/Pharmacy since I graduated and am also a paid tutor at a local high school 20+ hours per week.

Not sure what to expect from the interview, but I'm not really worried about it. Looking forward to meeting everyone and best of luck!

I submitted everything on 8/17 and haven't heard back from them since then. I called and they said the committee hasn't met to review my application yet...hm...! I wonder when I will be hearing a decision from them.

Members don't see this ad.

Also, i was wondering what kind of essay will we have to write during the interview? Because i heard that you will have to write one at the school before the interviewing process?
From what I understand we only have to write an essay if we didn't take the PCAT unless I've heard incorrectly. Please let me know if i'm wrong anyone

I think those are pretty good stats.

The PCAT seems good except for what you said. When did you take it?

Also, did you take some time off after graduating before applying? I hear many people also take a gap year.

I took it in July and yes, I've taken time off since graduating. I don't think taking time off is right for everyone, but if during that year you are doing things that will strengthen your application, it can be useful.

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an interview 10/24 ; anybody else coming that day?

Ive yet to receive an interview but today my application status was changed from "Currently your application is under review by the admissions committee." to "Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."

Not really sure what to make of this.

Ive yet to receive an interview but today my application status was changed from "Currently your application is under review by the admissions committee." to "Your file is under review by the Admissions Committee. We will notify you as soon as a decision has been made."

hey there is progress at least! :thumbup:

Hang in there, I received an interview invitation one week after my status said that. :)

I got an interview 10/24 ; anybody else coming that day?

I'll be coming down from Cleveland Ohio! I'm super pumped for it and a bit nervous at the same time! It's a really laid back time so you guys don't worry! We got this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be coming down from Cleveland Ohio! I'm super pumped for it and a bit nervous at the same time! It's a really laid back time so you guys don't worry! We got this.

I hope the committee won't be too tight on us :) i'm super nervous as well!!! Good luck!

I hope the committee won't be too tight on us :) i'm super nervous as well!!! Good luck!

They are pretty laid back. I interviewed and was accepted last year. They showed us the statistics for the previous class and science gpa was like 3.2 and comp PCAT was like 50%.

They are pretty laid back. I interviewed and was accepted last year. They showed us the statistics for the previous class and science gpa was like 3.2 and comp PCAT was like 50%.

Do you mind sharing what they will be asking at the interview or what will we be doing exactly on that day?

Do you mind sharing what they will be asking at the interview or what will we be doing exactly on that day?

They are open ended questions with really no wrong or right answers.

Find the interview section on SDN because they are the same questions.

They are open ended questions with really no wrong or right answers.

Find the interview section on SDN because they are the same questions.

Did they have multiple interview? Like you had an interview with just you & a professor and then an interview in a group & then another interview with multiple staff/professors?

Thinking about withdrawing mine as well.. Already received acceptance somewhere else

Did they have multiple interview? Like you had an interview with just you & a professor and then an interview in a group & then another interview with multiple staff/professors?

I had a student who was on academic rotations and a professor. Everyone else had 1 on 1

Hello everyone! I have e-submitted my application. My status in pharmcas says it will mail my application next mailing. I am nervous and I hope I get an interview! LECOM is the only place I am applying to..super excited!

Does anyone know if you need all your letters of references to be in before they set up an interview?

Does anyone have a list of interview questions LECOM has asked in the past?

Does anyone have a list of interview questions LECOM has asked in the past?

I believe it is on the first page of the threads under interview questions. Seems like standard questions about why pharmacy if open interview they might ask about gpa issues ect.

I believe it is on the first page of the threads under interview questions. Seems like standard questions about why pharmacy if open interview they might ask about gpa issues ect.

where do find that interview section? i've been searching and searching i can't seem to find it? Thanks for your help!

where do find that interview section? i've been searching and searching i can't seem to find it? Thanks for your help!

If you go to the top bar of SDN under articles & interviews you'll see the pharmacy section. From there you click on interview feedback & will be able to see all the schools

Yeah there are a ton of questions on there. Since I interviewed last year I will confirm those are the exact questions I was asked back on April. I'm really excited to have another chance at this. And this time it's way earlier! I'll be in Bradenton on the 23rd and interviewing 24th!

Yeah there are a ton of questions on there. Since I interviewed last year I will confirm those are the exact questions I was asked back on April. I'm really excited to have another chance at this. And this time it's way earlier! I'll be in Bradenton on the 23rd and interviewing 24th!

How was the admission committee when interviewing you last year? How long did it take for them to let your know about their final decision? I'll be interviewing the same date as you :)

Congrats to you two for getting an interview...my PharmCas still says waiting to send out with next mailing. Been a week they said it has a release date of Wed. Fingers crossed...how long after it said mailed did you get a supplement and interview.

How was the admission committee when interviewing you last year? How long did it take for them to let your know about their final decision? I'll be interviewing the same date as you :)

I do not know the admission committee as a whole but from what I heard from everyone interviewing had a very friendly conversation. They already know you have grades and whatnot. They want to know how you are as a person now. Sometimes stats aren't everything so don't stress about that, haha. They put me on an alternate list about a week after the interview and of course I wasn't selected sadly. I took advice from the admissions counselor and this time I applied so much earlier compared to last year. I applied and submitted my supplemental back in February and interviewed in April.

Congrats to you two for getting an interview...my PharmCas still says waiting to send out with next mailing. Been a week they said it has a release date of Wed. Fingers crossed...how long after it said mailed did you get a supplement and interview.

Thanks! I think it all depends on how fast the school processes everything so I don't want to promise a time. It took some people 1 week, some people 2 weeks and some people 1 month! They give a promise time of a decision by 30 days if they process the supplemental app.

I do not know the admission committee as a whole but from what I heard from everyone interviewing had a very friendly conversation. They already know you have grades and whatnot. They want to know how you are as a person now. Sometimes stats aren't everything so don't stress about that, haha. They put me on an alternate list about a week after the interview and of course I wasn't selected sadly. I took advice from the admissions counselor and this time I applied so much earlier compared to last year. I applied and submitted my supplemental back in February and interviewed in April.

Thanks! I think it all depends on how fast the school processes everything so I don't want to promise a time. It took some people 1 week, some people 2 weeks and some people 1 month! They give a promise time of a decision by 30 days if they process the supplemental app.

Cleveland: do you think they out you on waiting list because you applied too late? Or was it because of the interview and other factors such as grades or pcat?

It mailed! Excited...hope I hear something quickly and recieve my supplement application quickly and my interview......

Hi Guys,

I'm applying here as well. I have an interview on 10/24!

I'm thinking about withdrawing my interview spot for 10/17. Hope someone else got an invitation for that :)

Kaidou, why are you withdrawing? I'm thinking I might withdraw my application, too. I was accepted to Mercer, and I'm not crazy about the criticism I have seen regarding different aspects of LECOM. I like the way you seem to make decisions, so I value your perspective.

Kaidou, why are you withdrawing? I'm thinking I might withdraw my application, too. I was accepted to Mercer, and I'm not crazy about the criticism I have seen regarding different aspects of LECOM. I like the way you seem to make decisions, so I value your perspective.

What did you hear about it?

I took a tour of mercer and spoke with the people in admissions there. Seemed like a nice program/school. I chose to go to school at LECOM in Bradenton and am quite happy I did so. The school is fine, the pace is intense, but the real clincher for me is the lifestyle. I study every day but it is priceless that when I take a break, I can go to the beach. I personally love the tropical lifestyle which is more laid back and relaxed and it helps to balance out the stress of school.

I took a tour of mercer and spoke with the people in admissions there. Seemed like a nice program/school. I chose to go to school at LECOM in Bradenton and am quite happy I did so. The school is fine, the pace is intense, but the real clincher for me is the lifestyle. I study every day but it is priceless that when I take a break, I can go to the beach. I personally love the tropical lifestyle which is more laid back and relaxed and it helps to balance out the stress of school.

Can you tell a little bit about the pace? Are the professors nice and compassionate about teaching their students or do you guys have to teach yourself like the website said?

Hey, what is your own personal experience with the school? Do you like it? Should we consider going there?

I was accepted there last cycle. But chose not to go. They have the most outlandish rules, students, and professors seemed fake when we spoke to them, they have a high turnover rate of professors and the DO students treat the pharmacy students like garbage. And I didn't like the actual school itself.

Well: as for DO students, I see them when Im there but have not had any problems of being treated like garbage so not sure what that's about. Yea the rules are strict but other then having to wear a tie, I haven't had any issues since I am there to go to class and learn and not much else. The professors are all very different as too their personality and teaching styles but they all pretty much start each class by addressing emails they get from students asking questions so they repeat the question and then give the answer so that everyone gets the info (questions regarding the material that is). As for people posting online that don't like the place, well everyone is different so of course some will like it and some wont. No one in my class that I have spoken with has any problems other than they may want to have a drink in class and they cant cause no food or beverage in classrooms allowed. Anyways, overall for me, I am fine with the school, the professors, and the rules. I show up to class, I go home and study, simple as that. If you want more, they have lots of clubs you can join. I choose to spend my free time (when not studying) with my wife and child at the pool or the beach. It can be as good or bad as you make it. The pace is fast and lots of info. You have to be able to study for quizzes and exams while reviewing and practicing problems for other classes that don't have exams and it never stops. That said, its four months and then the semester is over and its 4 years so make the sacrifice and hunker down then if all goes well you can enjoy the rest of your life as a pharmacist.

Well: as for DO students, I see them when Im there but have not had any problems of being treated like garbage so not sure what that's about. Yea the rules are strict but other then having to wear a tie, I haven't had any issues since I am there to go to class and learn and not much else. The professors are all very different as too their personality and teaching styles but they all pretty much start each class by addressing emails they get from students asking questions so they repeat the question and then give the answer so that everyone gets the info (questions regarding the material that is). As for people posting online that don't like the place, well everyone is different so of course some will like it and some wont. No one in my class that I have spoken with has any problems other than they may want to have a drink in class and they cant cause no food or beverage in classrooms allowed. Anyways, overall for me, I am fine with the school, the professors, and the rules. I show up to class, I go home and study, simple as that. If you want more, they have lots of clubs you can join. I choose to spend my free time (when not studying) with my wife and child at the pool or the beach. It can be as good or bad as you make it. The pace is fast and lots of info. You have to be able to study for quizzes and exams while reviewing and practicing problems for other classes that don't have exams and it never stops. That said, its four months and then the semester is over and its 4 years so make the sacrifice and hunker down then if all goes well you can enjoy the rest of your life as a pharmacist.

Thank you so much for the info. I think pharm school is intensive anywhere not just here. :)