Can't get committee letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

keepongrating

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I'm graduating this year from undergrad and next year I'm planning on going to a local state college to finish up my premed requirements since I didn't decide I wanted to do this until late in the game. Both my undergrad and the school I'm going to offer committee letters, but I don't think I'll be able to get one from either place (I'm taking 3/4 of my requirements from the state school so my undergrad won't write me a letter and I won't be graduating with a degree from the state school so they won't write me a letter).

Will this significantly hurt my application? If so I could go to a more formal post bac program, but then I would lose my FL residency which would probably be a bad thing.

Members don't see this ad.

I applied without a committee letter. I went to a small liberal arts college UG and they didn't provide that type service. I also did a post-bac but didn't meet the credit hour requirement to have one written.

I never got asked about it; I just submitted four LOR's; 1 from science professor in UG that I did research with, 1 from an MD shadowing experience while in UG, 1 from science professor at postbac, and the last from a DO that I worked with as a scribe during my post-bac time.

I can't say for sure but I think they take into account nontraditional status when it comes to letters.

So I'm graduating this year from undergrad and next year I'm planning on going to a local state college to finish up my premed requirements since I didn't decide I wanted to do this until late in the game. Both my undergrad and the school I'm going to offer committee letters, but I don't think I'll be able to get one from either place (I'm taking 3/4 of my requirements from the state school so my undergrad won't write me a letter and I won't be graduating with a degree from the state school so they won't write me a letter).

Will this significantly hurt my application?

No. We understand that nontraditional applicants cannot travel back in time.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just get individual letters. I opted out of my school's letter and did fine.

Are these confirmed by the schools or you making assumptions on what they will do?
Confirmed for my undergrad, the state school didn't give a 100% answer but said probably not.

Thanks for the input all, I appreciate it