Late committee letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhekrubcw

Reaction score
I was just notified that my committee letter won't be ready until August 16th. Will this negatively impact my application cycle? I'm URM with a 3.9 gpa and 515 mcat if that makes a difference...

Members don't see this ad.

I was just notified that my committee letter won't be ready until August 16th. Will this negatively impact my application cycle? I'm URM with a 3.9 gpa and 515 mcat if that makes a difference...
Maybe for a few schools that need to know you have your required letters before they send you an interview or an offer. That said, go forward and get everything done from your side. Schools will adjust if they want you.

Maybe for a few schools that need to know you have your required letters before they send you an interview or an offer. That said, go forward and get everything done from your side. Schools will adjust if they want you.
Thank you for responding. I thought most schools don't mark you as complete until they have your letter. Is that not the case?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you for responding. I thought most schools don't mark you as complete until they have your letter. Is that not the case?
I don't think it is "most" (but that's why you check with the schools before you apply)... many schools are aware of many prehealth committee letters' timeliness often being late and adjust at their discretion. Your app might be held until the letters come in for a interview invitation. Others might hold a decision to offer until they get your letters.

Many admissions professionals assure the prehealth advisors every summer that it is not a negative if they send letters in August or September. Take it at face value.

I don't think it is "most" (but that's why you check with the schools before you apply)... many schools are aware of many prehealth committee letters' timeliness often being late and adjust at their discretion. Your app might be held until the letters come in for a interview invitation. Others might hold a decision to offer until they get your letters.

Many admissions professionals assure the prehealth advisors every summer that it is not a negative if they send letters in August or September. Take it at face value.
Okay, thank you!