Chance me for FlexMed 2016?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanabeadr

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi SDN, this is my first post. I'm currently a sophomore and am looking to go to medical school. I am really dedicated to the idea of becoming a doctor, and I would like to do that ASAP. Furthermore, I have an interest in the humanities as well; I have a knack for social entrepreneurship, and also enjoy public health/epidemiology. Thus, FlexMed seems like a great option for me.

My high school GPA was something like a 3.95
My first semester college GPA was a 3.8 and I'm confident I will get a 4.0 this semester.
SAT: 2220 (CR 770, M 730, W 720), 2210 (CR 660, M 750, W 800). I will likely take the ACT soon and all practices I have done have been >35.

By the time I apply I will have taken
Honors Cal 1/2/3
Honors Chem 1/2 and Lab
Honors Bio 1/2 and Lab
Honors English Literature
Honors Physics 1/2 and Lab
O Chem 1 and Lab
Applied Statistics
Microeconomics
and possibly a few other extra courses.
Also, I have numerous AP Humanities credits.

Additionally,
I have > 80 hours of shadowing various doctors/surgeons,
> 400 hours of volunteering with at least 75 in a hospital or healthcare setting
I have also done over 400 hours of research and will have a co-authorship on at least 2 papers by September.
I have accumulated numerous science research awards and I feel confident about my chances in Siemens, STS, and ISEF next year.
Recently, I began a non-profit to exercise my skills in social entrepreneurship. I am the CEO of the incorporation which has been relatively successful considering how young it is.

My biggest worry about applying is that I don't come from a HYP level school. I am from the University of North Texas. However, at the same time, I am 16 years old and will be 17 at the time I apply.

How will these factors affect me? Do I have a good chance at the program or would I do better to save my money? Thank you!!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you end up applying? If so, have you heard back about if you got an interview?