Chance me please :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Higifigi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Howdy Folks, I was wondering what my chances are as of now with my current stats:

3.28 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 28Q MCAT

800+ Hours working as a Pharmacy Technician
1 LOR from MD, 2 LOR from science professors
10 hours of volunteering work
Shadowed PA for 80 Hours
Shadowed MD for 20 Hours
Strong upward trend on grades

And that's all I really have going for me. I am a Michigan resident with a BS in Biology and ORM. MSUCOM is my dream school to attend, but I will go wherever I am accepted with these stats. I have a few questions:

1) Is it too late to apply this cycle?

2) If these stats are unacceptable or it is too late to have any hope, what can I do to improve my application? (shadowing a DO is first on my to-do list if I can't get in this year)

Thanks for your help and I appreciate your time. Originally I was going for pharmacy school but decided it wasn't the health field I was most interested in. I hope I haven't screwed myself out of a year by changing my mind last minute:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It's a bit late to be applying for this cycle. You still have a shot - though it's a slim one.

You can do a lot to strengthen your application in the coming year (I thought DO shadowing was essentially required for the DO application?). You can strengthen your personal statement and EC summaries, pre-write secondaries, and get all your LORs ready to go. That should put you in a much stronger position for next year.

Edit: Just noticed your 800+ hours was as a pharm tech. That's not quite the same as clinical exposure; try to increase your clinical volunteer / community service hours!

Last edited:
It's a bit late to be applying for this cycle. You still have a shot - though it's a slim one.

You can do a lot to strengthen your application in the coming year (I thought DO shadowing was essentially required for the DO application?). You can strengthen your personal statement and EC summaries, pre-write secondaries, and get all your LORs ready to go. That should put you in a much stronger position for next year.

Edit: Just noticed your 800+ hours was as a pharm tech. That's not quite the same as clinical exposure; try to increase your clinical volunteer / community service hours!

Thank you Etyan. I figured it was probably too late but wanted another opinion on it. More clinical volunteer work it is!

Howdy Folks, I was wondering what my chances are as of now with my current stats:

3.28 cGPA, 3.3 sGPA, 28Q MCAT

800+ Hours working as a Pharmacy Technician
1 LOR from MD, 2 LOR from science professors
10 hours of volunteering work
Shadowed PA for 80 Hours
Shadowed MD for 20 Hours
Strong upward trend on grades

And that's all I really have going for me. I am a Michigan resident with a BS in Biology and ORM. MSUCOM is my dream school to attend, but I will go wherever I am accepted with these stats. I have a few questions:

1) Is it too late to apply this cycle?

2) If these stats are unacceptable or it is too late to have any hope, what can I do to improve my application? (shadowing a DO is first on my to-do list if I can't get in this year)

Thanks for your help and I appreciate your time. Originally I was going for pharmacy school but decided it wasn't the health field I was most interested in. I hope I haven't screwed myself out of a year by changing my mind last minute:scared:

Stats are good enough.... A little late, but not too late IMO.