Chance Me Please!! :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScorpioKing

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Applied to ONLY D.O SCHOOLS!
I have just finished sending out all my secondaries to all the D.O schools.
I have a 3.31 sgpa and 3.54 cgpa from UC San Diego (very tough program)
I also got a 27 on the MCAT (7/10/10).
I have pretty average EC's, shadowed two D.O's, personal trainer, tutor, nothing crazy.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
From what you give: it sounds like you have average stats, average ECs, and... average chances for many schools.

How many programs did you apply to? Any interview invites yet? Why DO?

You don't seem too excited about your resume and didn't elaborate much, so it's hard to say. Just going off of a 3.5/3.3/27... plus "ticking the boxes"... I would say your chances are fine assuming you applied broadly.

shadowing 2 DO's instead of 1 really demonstrates your interest in osteopathic medicine. That +1 for you.

Members don't see this ad :)
From what you give: it sounds like you have average stats, average ECs, and... average chances for many schools.

How many programs did you apply to? Any interview invites yet? Why DO?

You don't seem too excited about your resume and didn't elaborate much, so it's hard to say. Just going off of a 3.5/3.3/27... plus "ticking the boxes"... I would say your chances are fine assuming you applied broadly.
I applied to DO because I want to specialize in sports medicine, which utilizes the holistic philosophy, but more importantly, the osteopathic manipulative treatment. D.O is not a fallback for e like it is for many students that don't have the stats for M.D schools. It is genuinely my best option for pursuing sports medicine.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, DO is very sports med/PM&R friendly... perhaps the best way to put those many hours of OMM training to use.

Best of luck -- hope you hear some good news in a timely manner. :thumbup:

Chances are fine at any DO schools except AZCOM, and even then, just give them time. I can't recommend LUCOM.

Applied to ONLY D.O SCHOOLS!
I have just finished sending out all my secondaries to all the D.O schools.
I have a 3.31 sgpa and 3.54 cgpa from UC San Diego (very tough program)
I also got a 27 on the MCAT (7/10/10).
I have pretty average EC's, shadowed two D.O's, personal trainer, tutor, nothing crazy.

Chances are good for DO, though I'm concerned and curious about why you've only now finished secondaries.

Chances are good for DO, though I'm concerned and curious about why you've only now finished secondaries.
I know it's late. My father has been very ill, so I was debating whether to apply this cycle, or wait until the next while I help around the house. I didn't get my primary out until August 26. So I'm just doing the best I can with what I have.

I applied to DO because I want to specialize in sports medicine, which utilizes the holistic philosophy, but more importantly, the osteopathic manipulative treatment. D.O is not a fallback for e like it is for many students that don't have the stats for M.D schools. It is genuinely my best option for pursuing sports medicine.
your my new favorite person! Sports medicine needs more D.O.'s I am not kidding. with the Philosophy that comes with a D.O and the patient care being a D.O. is the right place to specialize in sports medicine. Also to the OMT statement. I agree! Good luck! I hope to see you around the sports medicine world soon!