Charlotte, NC job market

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

james775

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone with insight into the market in charlotte? I see postings on gaswork about NAAPA. Also see a providence anesthesia group. Just curious what the market is like and if there are any other jobs. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I was unable to find a PP job there 10 years ago, the offer I got from the big group /AMC covering CMC was horrible. interested to see responses to see if/how things have changed.

I was unable to find a PP job there 10 years ago, the offer I got from the big group /AMC covering CMC was horrible. interested to see responses to see if/how things have changed.

caligas sounds better than charlottegas anyway

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
We will be looking for a part time provider as my partner and I scale back in 2022. FT potential when one of us retires. Good pay and very nice place to work outside Charlotte.

Anyone with insight into the market in charlotte? I see postings on gaswork about NAAPA. Also see a providence anesthesia group. Just curious what the market is like and if there are any other jobs. Thanks

It's terrible. Look up Scope Anesthesia. Big debacle a couple years ago where the hospital gave the contract to this scam artist which led to 100+ anesthesiologists being kicked out and turned over. Have heard they use medical supervision (ie covering >4 CRNAs at a time) and there have been many disasters the hospital has tried to keep out of the public eye since the switch happened. I would steer clear.

Thread of interest to you

Last edited:
One only has to google Scope anesthesia and H1B and ask ... why would you need a waiver for a visa in a city like Charlotte? but if you need a waiver maybe Scope is the place for you! Last advertised H1B was 4/2021 but you can "find a physician" in Medicare.gov and search CHS anesthesia if you want to really find out who is working there......

Part time Physcian. Say it loud and say it proud!! Physician not Provider.
You gotta be over 40 if you are talking about retirement presumably. When did you incorporate “provider” into your vocabulary?
This I thought was something that young people did. You and @BLADEMDA need to stop with this.
We will be looking for a part time provider as my partner and I scale back in 2022. FT potential when one of us retires. Good pay and very nice place to work outside Charlotte.

Reactions: 1 user
Part time Physcian. Say it loud and say it proud!! Physician not Provider.
You gotta be over 40 if you are talking about retirement presumably. When did you incorporate “provider” into your vocabulary?
This I thought was something that young people did. You and @BLADEMDA need to stop with this.
Yikes, I really did not intend any offense here. I am 66.

• Haha
We can't just go along with corporate and midlevel speak that tries to put us all on the same level and muddy the waters. If we do this, we are adding to the problem. Go to another country outside of America and tell people you are a "provider" and see if they know what that means.
It's not about offending me, it's just we in this profession need to have a united front and realize that our careers, education are undervalued and getting eroded slowly every day with this kind of vocabulary.
I tell anyone who dares call me a provider, I tell them that I am not a provider. I am a physician. We all need to get on board.
Yikes, I really did not intend any offense here. I am 66.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
We can't just go along with corporate and midlevel speak that tries to put us all on the same level and muddy the waters. If we do this, we are adding to the problem. Go to another country outside of America and tell people you are a "provider" and see if they know what that means.
It's not about offending me, it's just we in this profession need to have a united front and realize that our careers, education are undervalued and getting eroded slowly every day with this kind of vocabulary.
I tell anyone who dares call me a provider that I am not a provider. I am a physician. We all need to get on board.
Yes, I do agree with these sentiments and oddly I never use the term. TBH, I wrote that note on the run, probably coming from some meeting with a head full of admin speak.
Anyway, I agree with your points and am the first to defend our profession given the opportunity.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you still feel thesame way about scope anesthesia today. Trying to set up an interview with them in the coming months

apparently scope is more stable. Still some turnover and it’s really run by Atrium (telling Tom Wherry what to do). It’s not a true private practice but pay is good and hours fine apparently.

What I’m hearing is no one knows how the new Atrium/wake forest relationship will work, particularly as they build a new medical school.

Academics and what Wake Forest pays is very different than scope.

Nothing definitive…just lots of questions.