Chicago State University c/o 2017 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted.. Hoping to hear from them that I got accepted!!

Members don't see this ad.

Waitlisted.. Hoping to hear from them that I got accepted!!

Don't lose hope. You interviewed at other places, right? Have you heard back from any yet? I got Waitlisted as well at my top choice school.

Members don't see this ad :)
I look at my acceptance package and there is a requirement states we need to obtain Illinois Pharmacy Tech Licence. I went to the designated website which is included in the package for pharm tech registration, there are 2 forms, one for regular pharm tech registration and the other is for pharmacy student registration. Does anyone know about this? Are we supposed to fill in the "Pharmacy Student Registration" or the "Regular" one? I have never had the license before, do I have to take any pharm tech classes or I just register with them?

They have it in the system wrong (getting a master's degree). I know that this will be changed later. I believe right now, it is a little over $12,000, which I know is wrong.

I went to their financial aid website and found that Illinois resident's tuition is $24,797 with the total attending cost of $41,951. Non-Illinois resident's tuition is $35,789 with the total attending cost of $52.945 and these cots are for the 2013-2014 academic year. I'm from California so I got squashedddddddd! :(

you can find these info here:http://www.csu.edu/financialaid/pharmacy.htm

I look at my acceptance package and there is a requirement states we need to obtain Illinois Pharmacy Tech Licence. I went to the designated website which is included in the package for pharm tech registration, there are 2 forms, one for regular pharm tech registration and the other is for pharmacy student registration. Does anyone know about this? Are we supposed to fill in the "Pharmacy Student Registration" or the "Regular" one? I have never had the license before, do I have to take any pharm tech classes or I just register with them?

We are suppose to fill out the regular one. I asked Amalia this in Feb. She said that we will apply for the student pharmacist license once we start pharmacy school in the fall.

I went to their financial aid website and found that Illinois resident's tuition is $24,797 with the total attending cost of $41,951. Non-Illinois resident's tuition is $35,789 with the total attending cost of $52.945 and these cots are for the 2013-2014 academic year. I'm from California so I got squashedddddddd! :(

you can find these info here:http://www.csu.edu/financialaid/pharmacy.htm

Yes.. The financial aid website does say this. If you log into their website "CSU X-Press", it will tell you your financial aid package (which is not updated yet).

We are suppose to fill out the regular one. I asked Amalia this in Feb. She said that we will apply for the student pharmacist license once we start pharmacy school in the fall.

So, do you know if we should register for the license right now before matriculation or should we do that when we start the school in the Fall?

So, do you know if we should register for the license right now before matriculation or should we do that when we start the school in the Fall?

We should register for the regular one now and wait to register for the pharmacy student license once school starts

Want to stay on campus, but I am an older student (and I am married with a child, though my family will not be coming with me to Chicago) so I like to live in an environment that is quiet. I am not sure if CSU dorms are quiet in the pharmacy/graduate halls, which is why I am debating on living in the dorms or living off campus in the Hyde Park area. Not looking for a roommate in both circumstances. If anyone has any suggestions (which one would be better in my situation), let me know.

@tm79602

I was doing some research and found that Regents Park (http://www.regentsparkchicago.com/) in Hyde Park is a pretty popular apartment for students. From the website, it seems really nice, but quite pricey.

You should take a look at this link: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=84243 .. The author provides great info on Hyde Park. ^^

Funny how you mentioned Regents Park, because that is the apartment complex that I would love to live in. Right now, I am trying to see if it would be better staying on campus or living at Regents Park.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm from Chicago but live in the burbs but you guys should love regents park. It's walking distance from the beach and near univ of chicago. I neighborhood is very diverse as well with great multi ethnic restaurants not too far away that all deliver.

I'm older too. If you don't mind living in a non collegiate neighborhood, there are other safe rentals that may be just a little further away. Everything in Hyde Park is pricey because the president still sleeps in his Hyde Park home when he comes to town, and it's sooo..diverse. Inbox me. I can help when the semester is over, lol.

I heard that last year they recalled their entire wait list. Don't give up hope.

Funny how you mentioned Regents Park, because that is the apartment complex that I would love to live in. Right now, I am trying to see if it would be better staying on campus or living at Regents Park.

lol.. it is amazing right?!? I was reading previous posts & it seems like you have a child.. I would def. stick with regents park instead of the dorms. You'll have more privacy & more freedom!

lol.. it is amazing right?!? I was reading previous posts & it seems like you have a child.. I would def. stick with regents park instead of the dorms. You'll have more privacy & more freedom!

I will not be bringing my child or my husband to Chicago with me. I am leaning more towards Regent Park, because of that privacy, freedom, and the non-noise!! Thanks everyone.

Does anyone know when the next update goes out? Or if they have future interview dates?

I got wait-listed.. I'm so sad. Chicago State is actually my first choice...Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Don't give up! I was wait listed in January and later accepted in April. Hang in there and you will hear back soon.

I was accepted to my top choice school, so I will be retracting CSU's offer. Good luck to those who are still waiting!!

I was accepted to my top choice school, so I will be retracting CSU's offer. Good luck to those who are still waiting!!

Congrats TM! If I read correctly, you will be able to keep your child in that high ranked school. So happy for you!! Hopefully my turn will be soon.

Can anyone tell me the exact link to what form we need to fill out.? please please...that website is so confusing:(

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me the exact link to what form we need to fill out.? please please...that website is so confused:(

You should have received instructions in the enrollment packet

If you are looking for a roommate, please inbox me

details about myself:
Im a p1 student now going on p2 student
asian
i have a condo close to obama's house

so private message me if you have any question. Thank you!

ALSO IF INTERESTED, PLEASE STATE YOUR:
THANKS!

Last edited:
Im on the waitlist...I hope I get titaniumdays seat lol

Hi Everyone!

I made a facebook page for CSU College of Pharmacy 2017 if anyone would like to join! That way we can get to know each other better and make sure everyone is on the same page as far as the requirements go :)

Here's the link:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/329202053849458/

Last edited:
We should create a facebook group.. then people can join :)

Last edited:
Hey pharmgirlMpls, did you interview at the U of Minnesota too?

Anyone else still wait-listed? Beginning to feel a little discouraged as it is now May and majority of applicants already know where they will be attending......:(

I'm waitlisted in march and figers-crossed as well to hear back from them!! :(

For those waitlisted, in your waitlist status e-mail did it say they'd keep you on file until JUne 3rd? If so, that's this coming Monday :-(

I believe it it said the waitlist would be available after June 3rd...application kept active for 4 months

Don't lose hope. You interviewed at other places, right? Have you heard back from any yet? I got Waitlisted as well at my top choice school.

yes, I applied to one in OHIO but heard nothing back from it as well, so little worried

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
12 years pharmacy experience
3 good LOR

Can anyone help shed some light on my chances.

Hey everyone! Im looking to apply to this school in Fall 2014 but am a little nervous cause my GPA isnt fantastic

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
3 good LOR

you have great experience and good PCAT score so i think it should be fine because minimum is 2.5 GPA so it's ok.

overall 2.7
science 2.8
PCAT 65
3 good LOR

Hi, here is the thread for class of 2018.
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=1013081
You fell free to ask questions. This page is for those who applied this year and were already interviewed. Thanks:)

For those who are wait-listed, did you fill out the FAFSA and come across any errors after filling it and receiving an e-mail unsatisfied student requirement? If so, how is this corrected?
Thanks.

I just completed mine and i didn't have any problem, but what are you having problem with?

For those who are wait-listed, did you fill out the FAFSA and come across any errors after filling it and receiving an e-mail unsatisfied student requirement? If so, how is this corrected?
Thanks.

By filling FAFSA, did you mean the application on the FAFSA website fafsa.ed.gov? If yes, you only need to enter the school code into the very last section and that is it. If you have troubles, there should be something worn with your information or may be your income. The best way is to call them directly at their 1-800 numbers and discuss it.

If you filled out FAFSA with the school, because you are on the wait-list, they do not consider you as a student yet, but rather an applicant. Therefore, you are not qualified as their student, the Financial Aid office do not recognize you and your information. Wait until you are accepted, which I hope you will, then you can contact Mr. Lucke at 773-995-3546. He will help you to speed up the process. Hope it helps!