All Branch Topic (ABT) Class of 2014 Military Match

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kyu1q84

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anxiously waiting for December 18, match day, maybe they'll give a nice surprise and release on dec 11. I just hope.

Members don't see this ad.

The Letter of Instruction on MODS says 12/11. Though, it also says the board "met" last week, and that doesn't seem accurate.

I've only been subjected to MODS for 1 year, and I already know never to trust it...

Members don't see this ad :)
The Letter of Instruction on MODS says 12/11. Though, it also says the board "met" last week, and that doesn't seem accurate.

it kind of makes sense that the board already has met and they're just waiting on approval.... just think how long it took from the time of selection for HPSP to actually being commissioned! haha. at least for me it was forever.

I got an email from the PD at the end of last week and said my rank list was incorrect and to make sure I corrected it, so I would guess they didn't meet lastweek if that stuff is still being sorted out

it kind of makes sense that the board already has met and they're just waiting on approval.... just think how long it took from the time of selection for HPSP to actually being commissioned! haha. at least for me it was forever.

Thought they were meeting dec 2

They always meet right after Thanksgiving, and always release the results mid December. I guess this year could be different ... it IS the first time they're doing this joint VTC thing ... but I doubt it.

On the Army MODS site, it says the JGMESB meets from Nov 2-6... since that includes a weekend, it's prettty unlikely. A PD asked me for an updated CV on Nov 8 so, they were at least still considering decisions then.

As far as I know, Army match is Dec. 11. AF and Navy should be both Dec 18.

Anyone applying for anything crazy?

I'm trying to specialize in brain replacement. Haha. Seriously though rads. I'm hoping the pool is small this year, otherwise it may be off to GMO land...:/

Members don't see this ad :)
I'd believe it. Apparently, the results of the computerized match have to be approved by the SG before they are official... Likely, our fates are already decided and sitting on a desk in Falls Church for three longgggg weeks...

All,

The FYGME board results will be released on 18 December 2013 versus 11 December 2013. Sorry for any inconvenience..

v/r

Patricia G. Norman

....and never mind. Make that 4 weeks

Jedman, where did you see that?

I had an interview set for after Nov 8 that was moved to before Nov 8. I was told it was moved because their rank list would be already in if I had interviewed at the later date.

Last edited:
I was told 2 days ago by a program director that the board meeting was underway.

I got an email in my ako account last week...

did they meet today? I know the residency fair event is tonight -- thought that happened after the first match meeting finished. 15 days!! (or 8? pretty please 8)

did they meet today? I know the residency fair event is tonight -- thought that happened after the first match meeting finished. 15 days!! (or 8? pretty please 8)
I think they met on Dec 2, our fates are sealed.

Exactly how futile do you think sending an update on paper/poster acceptances is at this point?

i'm not saying i'm really impatient. i am saying that if the board met, then why can't they let us know? haha

Reactions: 1 user
yep, someone also asked the exact time on the discussion forum and Ms. Norman stated they would be available at 12:00 AM EST exactly.

I remember very clearly 11:59pm last year before the 12am match. Heart pounding, clicking refresh madly. Not realizing what I read until 10 seconds after it popped up.

Good luck, everyone =)

I remember being told some PDs call incoming residents the morning of the match so they get a personal welcome before the email. Any truth to that? Maybe it's service/specialty dependent.

think they'll release USAF emails at midnight too? I don't think I can hold out for an extra 12 hours :hardy::hardy::hardy:(just to double check, we don't have access to MODS right?)

If it helps, I received the email nearly as it was released because our specialty leader was awesome and had a list-serve set up to email the results directly to us, somehow it was faster than waiting for the results to be mailed to everyone on the whole JSGME list. Don't know, this was several years ago.

I also received a personal phone call from the PD at the program with which I matched, minutes after the email.

Good luck all.

We all got an email from Ms. Norman stating 12/18.
Im glad you all got an email telling you this awesome info. Im a TY and they failed to mention the date change to us...so we found out yesterday it wasnt going to be for another week. Total buzz kill HAHA

Im glad you all got an email telling you this awesome info. Im a TY and they failed to mention the date change to us...so we found out yesterday it wasnt going to be for another week. Ughhhh

Aw man. Even I'm getting anxious despite knowing the date change for several weeks.

I remember being told some PDs call incoming residents the morning of the match so they get a personal welcome before the email. Any truth to that? Maybe it's service/specialty dependent.

The only people I knew who were called by PDs were called exactly at midnight when results were released. I was not called by my PD.

Im glad you all got an email telling you this awesome info. Im a TY and they failed to mention the date change to us...so we found out yesterday it wasnt going to be for another week. Total buzz kill HAHA

Man that's rough. It's weird being on the other side now. We are anxiously waiting to see who will match at our program.

Was that type of e-mail supposed to be sent today? I was under the impression that calls were to have been made weeks ago. Haven't heard of anyone receiving one yet...

We all received an email stating that 5 deferments were given out this year. Those people were notified today via email. The justification given was that the rest of us can cancel our civilian interviews, if we had scheduled them.

this is army specific. the email is as follows:

"All,

Due to the fact that several students scheduled interviews based on a document noting a release date of 11 December 2013, we will send out emails at 12:00 pm, EST today to those students (five total) who did not match to Army programs and will be deferred to civilian programs. If you do not receive an email, it means that you matched to an Army program and will not have to go through the national match. It does not necessarily mean that you matched to your specialty of choice as some will have matched to a transitional year program. It does mean that you can cancel any scheduled interviews with civilian programs. The complete match results will be released at midnight, the morning of 18 December 2013. To access your results, log onto the Medical Education website, go to the FYGME section and the results will be under the Match tab."