Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I agree! week 2, and kaplan is kicking my butt. i've been trying to do two passages of verbal a day and then do notes and notecards. remember guys, in the end, GPA matters too. Don't let those grades slip! haha
T-113 days until the MCAT.
I'll go do a verbal passage amidst studying for my genetics exam *sigh*
Hope everyone has has a good week :)

I'm swamped, I don't feel like I'm prepared for the MCAT at all

Members don't see this ad.

This thread is going to be a very busy starting next week, when we 1/28ers and 1/29ers are done with the MCAT and recovered from a weekend full of drunkenness.

Members don't see this ad :)
This thread is going to be a very busy starting next week, when we 1/28ers and 1/29ers are done with the MCAT and recovered from a weekend full of drunkenness.

good luck, you're lucky to be done so soon.....and I'll be going out this weekend as well..what's new :smuggrin:

It's a Friday night and I'm taking massive notes out of the EK bio book...SO BORING.

It's a Friday night and I'm taking massive notes out of the EK bio book...SO BORING.

Looks like that's how my Saturday night is gonna look. Just wait till this time next year when we're holding our acceptance letters...then we'll be the ones partying non-stop

Looks like that's how my Saturday night is gonna look. Just wait till this time next year when we're holding our acceptance letters...then we'll be the ones partying non-stop

Amen to that!

Saturday night and a date with my MCAT physics book.
i've been trolling the 1/28 and 1/29 mcat threads trying to get a sense of the feeling and test.
how are the 2016ers who recently took the mcat?
hopefully good :)
and guys, put in another 6 months/year of hard work, and we'll have acceptance letters.

vickpick: how was it?!

Page 2 does not cut it!

here I am, sunday evening, bumming it, and with a pile full of homework, research stuff, PS, and MCAT books. ahh then it's Monday tomorrow :( let this week begin.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish! I need a rough copy for my LoR writers -_-

Try writing a cover letter instead. Highlight why you want to go into medicine/why you want a rec letter from them/what you would like them to note about you in your letter. Then attach your CV. Don't feel pressure to finish your PS now. Writing this cover letter will get the same points across without spending time trying to make it eloquent and connected. Thats what I'm doing

Dang, good luck with that. My LOR writers just want an updated resume.

Cheers to a Sunday night of studying!

Try writing a cover letter instead. Highlight why you want to go into medicine/why you want a rec letter from them/what you would like them to note about you in your letter. Then attach your CV. Don't feel pressure to finish your PS now. Writing this cover letter will get the same points across without spending time trying to make it eloquent and connected. Thats what I'm doing

Pft, I wish, except one of my LoR writer's sheet thing says he wants a copy of my personal statement. I was going to take the whole cover letter approach, but who knows.

yeah right im going to bed

omg. lucky. another few hours of MCAT then I'm passing out :thumbdown:

Pft, I wish, except one of my LoR writer's sheet thing says he wants a copy of my personal statement. I was going to take the whole cover letter approach, but who knows.

Same... I had to produce a personal statement in one night for my LoR writers. It didn't come out that bad... and I let them know that it was a very rough ROUGH draft. They all said that they understood and just to keep them updated. Sooo tired from this weekend... back to MCAT mode once more.

Same... I had to produce a personal statement in one night for my LoR writers. It didn't come out that bad... and I let them know that it was a very rough ROUGH draft. They all said that they understood and just to keep them updated. Sooo tired from this weekend... back to MCAT mode once more.

Bleh, trying to throw one together. and do some stuff for research. I need a poster done by the end of this quarter...fml!

Ochem exam thursday, but wednesday i'm running an experiment...it's 5 hours LONG!

biochemistry is a real ball buster, have a test thursday...putting off MCAT for awhile (At least a week for now)

i finished with about a 99% in my biochemistry class last year; i am absolutely fascinated by it. really liked drilling through all the pathways

i finished with about a 99% in my biochemistry class last year; i am absolutely fascinated by it. really liked drilling through all the pathways

whos_awesome.jpg

I have had to put off MCAT studying to make sure I ace my tests this week. How does everyone else deal with this? Do you still find time for the MCAT or just focus on class for about a week before the exam?

I have had to put off MCAT studying to make sure I ace my tests this week. How does everyone else deal with this? Do you still find time for the MCAT or just focus on class for about a week before the exam?

I try to consistently study for the MCAT throughout the weeks...I feel like if I put off studying to focus on any one class, it'll be super easy to do the same for another class during another week.

Try making a study schedule for yourself, like study for your classes in the mornings/after class and do MCAT preparation after dinner.

Good luck with the upcoming tests!

I've blocked of everyday 2 hours for MCAT studying... So I try to get as much done as possible during that period. I know some people say that flashcards don't really help, but I've made a bunch for physics and orgo and I just take them everywhere (like EVERYWHERE... gym, bus, etc.). I tried having them on my Iphone but it was too much of a hassle (maybe I'm not using a good program?)... Side note, I have a bunch of motivational quotes written on my notebooks and on my room walls that help me stay focused.
My two favorites:
To remind me that I need to work- "Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda
When I feel overwhelmed- "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"
Back to studying... I tried my first timed essay today. I feel like I need to watch the History Channel more instead of Family Guy lol.

Soooo, I too have not studied for the MCAT in about a week :/

As it is 12:30 am right now, I literally got home from research about 15 minutes ago. Soooo I was in school until 5, then research from then on. Sad thing....ochem midterm at 8 am, as well as a lab report due, all of which I still need to do. I got my coffee and a big gulp of diet coke at my side, ready to take on my all nighter....weekend where are you?! :(

btw! research is getting crazy! my PI wants me to have a poster by the end of the quarter...I have three separate protocols for my research, all of which I need to do 2-3 times.

/end rant/

hope all you 16'ers are doing well :)

I've blocked of everyday 2 hours for MCAT studying... So I try to get as much done as possible during that period. I know some people say that flashcards don't really help, but I've made a bunch for physics and orgo and I just take them everywhere (like EVERYWHERE... gym, bus, etc.). I tried having them on my Iphone but it was too much of a hassle (maybe I'm not using a good program?)... Side note, I have a bunch of motivational quotes written on my notebooks and on my room walls that help me stay focused.
My two favorites:
To remind me that I need to work- "Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda
When I feel overwhelmed- "Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly"
Back to studying... I tried my first timed essay today. I feel like I need to watch the History Channel more instead of Family Guy lol.

Oh, you know what! I have a big "32+" inside my planner as motivation! I also have a notebook where I put in quotes depending on how I'm feeling that day. Reading an optimistic quite definitely makes it all better. I've always had a huge attraction towards quotes though :)

Soooo, I too have not studied for the MCAT in about a week :/

As it is 12:30 am right now, I literally got home from research about 15 minutes ago. Soooo I was in school until 5, then research from then on. Sad thing....ochem midterm at 8 am, as well as a lab report due, all of which I still need to do. I got my coffee and a big gulp of diet coke at my side, ready to take on my all nighter....weekend where are you?! :(

btw! research is getting crazy! my PI wants me to have a poster by the end of the quarter...I have three separate protocols for my research, all of which I need to do 2-3 times.

/end rant/

hope all you 16'ers are doing well :)

Yea F THAT. I emailed my PI yesterday letting him know that I won't be able help out this semester due to a lot of school work and preparation for the mcat.

I'm doing this, GPA matters first you can put off the MCAT but not your classes....it's not plausible to study 2 hrs for the MCAT with a biochem test looming

I took intro biochem, along with an online class while working full time. This did not pan out well for me. I was doing really well until spring break, then I had to kick up my biochem studying and the mcat studying fell behind. :( I am hoping that now I am done with classes I can strictly focus on the mcat and bring my score waaaaaay up. :xf:

u guys r gonna get so excited in the next few months, choosing schools and all. :)

Hey '16:hello:. How's it goin'?

I just want you guys to know, that looking back....the MCAT worry is the worst part. You will still be worrying throughout the process, but...that is the worst worry and stress as you study.

So it does get better;)

Also....be nice to the people in your MCAT class. Seriously.

I just want you guys to know, that looking back....the MCAT worry is the worst part. You will still be worrying throughout the process, but...that is the worst worry and stress as you study.

So it does get better;)

thanks cougar, I'm studying on my own......sticking to the study schedule is almost impossible during test weeks but I think that just comes with the territory....and I agree the stress is worse than the actual test.

I think what it boils down to is we've seen all the material before, the key is to refresh and practice (over and over). when I hear I people studying for 4+ hours a day for 3-4 months straight I get nervous because my schedule would never allow that and I question my preparedness.

So it does get better;)

I think having to re-worry about it is twice as bad. Stupid test anyway...

thanks cougar, I'm studying on my own......sticking to the study schedule is almost impossible during test weeks but I think that just comes with the territory....and I agree the stress is worse than the actual test.

I think what it boils down to is we've seen all the material before, the key is to refresh and practice (over and over). when I hear people studying for 4+ hours a day for 3-4 months straight I get nervous because my schedule would never allow that and I question my preparedness.

I feel the same way. There is no way I have time in my schedule to study that much a day - except on weekends. I didn't do well the first time around and that makes me even more nervous.

So it does get better;)

This is so true, ONCE it is over it over. But, then its on to the personal statement,LORS and secondaries :thumbdown:

This is so true, ONCE it is over it over. But, then its on to the personal statement,LORS and secondaries :thumbdown:

I feel this semester had been the other way around for me... I had to find all my LoR writers early (I go to a big school... so the requests peak around April) and they all asked me for personal statements, resumes, significant experiences, etc. I feel like now I'm finally concentrating on my MCAT. Orgo and verbal not too bad... Physics is my personal downfall though.

hey 2016!
this is probably off topic but whoever follows NFL, which team are you rooting for?? GO STEELERS!!!:soexcited:

I feel this semester had been the other way around for me... I had to find all my LoR writers early (I go to a big school... so the requests peak around April) and they all asked me for personal statements, resumes, significant experiences, etc. I feel like now I'm finally concentrating on my MCAT. Orgo and verbal not too bad... Physics is my personal downfall though.

Physics = :eek: then :confused: then :mad: then :sleep: then finally way down the road... :idea:

Haha. But that just may be my professor...

Physics = :eek: then :confused: then :mad: then :sleep: then finally way down the road... :idea:

No, that is pretty much physics in a nutshell. I usually don't get to the :idea: part though. I suck at math.

Weekend's finally here! Finally some time to catch up on work lol

hey 2016!
this is probably off topic but whoever follows NFL, which team are you rooting for?? GO STEELERS!!!:soexcited:

:thumbup: Not a traditional Steelers fan, but considering the Packers beat the Bears...I'm with ya on this one!

Definitely feel the same way

physics just sucks unless you are a engineer or have an awesome physics teacher.....MCAT physics isn't that bad though...:cool:

Really? I was afraid it would be horrible.

And I don't know that I ever actually understand it. I've just learned to rationalize it my own way.

I'm not too deep in the MCAT physics studying but the math is very easy if you know your equations, conceptual facts are emphasized more