Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
muahahahah now i can delete your tops and claim them as my own!!! :smuggrin:

jk i would never abuse power like that....hehe

.... Do I sense a conspiracy? Lately the number of mods in this thread are increasing.... :scared::scared::scared::scared:

i realized i haven't posted any food pictures/gifs lately.

i just made sopapilla cheesecake bars and they're cooling, but here's what they will supposedly look like when cooled:

IMG_2316.JPG

:D

Members don't see this ad :)
You won't regret it, pathoma is great.

yeah i watched a couple of his cardio videos on my friend's account and he is really good at explaining things efficiently. figured it would be worth it to buy the whole thing.

did you use Goljan audio? i have RR but i've heard mixed things about the audio.

yeah i watched a couple of his cardio videos on my friend's account and he is really good at explaining things efficiently. figured it would be worth it to buy the whole thing.

did you use Goljan audio? i have RR but i've heard mixed things about the audio.

I hated goljian. The audio lectures are super outdated, too, so i listened to maybe three hours worth before I stopped.

I did use pathoma all throughout M2 and read it x2 during my dedicated step 1 time. There will be almost identical pictures from pathoma on the test.

2nd yr starts tomorrow. gahhhhhhhhhhhhh

woah! what schedule is your school on? i've already had 3 exams and completed 2 courses!

idk how i feel about 2nd year...the material is far more interesting, but our exams have been brutal so far. or maybe that was just cardio and everything else will get better. :xf:

woah! what schedule is your school on? i've already had 3 exams and completed 2 courses!

idk how i feel about 2nd year...the material is far more interesting, but our exams have been brutal so far. or maybe that was just cardio and everything else will get better. :xf:

I felt the same way last year, I think everyone gets some second year burnout.

noooooooooooooo :cry:

My hope is that one day I'll wake up and be starting first year, day one again when I was still uber optimistic and feeling that "I am an actual medical student!" vibe. I am now feeling the "I am a worthless medical student" vibe and it kind of sucks.

My hope is that one day I'll wake up and be starting first year, day one again when I was still uber optimistic and feeling that "I am an actual medical student!" vibe. I am now feeling the "I am a worthless medical student" vibe and it kind of sucks.

it's amazing to see the gradient of jadedness through the years. the first years are still nauseatingly happy and optimistic. my third year friends have been telling me how they get pimped every day and generally feel like idiots all the time. i guess we're somewhere in between.

sucks :(

my day today: :bang::bang::bang::bang::bang::boom::boom:

but then my friends and i ranted for like 2 hours over a food-coma-inducing indian buffet, so that was good.

I feel like a smart person who just can't do it anymore and is questioning whether I was even remotely smart in the first place. :(

Womp womp womp.

Ismet, I bet more than half of your class feels the same way. I felt that way and still do now but not as much now that step 1 is over. There are so many times I would just self doubt and lay awake at night unable to sleep because of the stress.

I started an antidepressant during second year. It helped get me through step 1, get help if you need it but seriously I bet almost all normal people feel that way during second year.

Ismet, I bet more than half of your class feels the same way. I felt that way and still do now but not as much now that step 1 is over. There are so many times I would just self doubt and lay awake at night unable to sleep because of the stress.

Yep, that's pretty much me.

I know others are struggling too...I'm not at the pass/fail line, but I've been well below average on the exams so far this year. Just not finding the motivation to study, and when I do study, it is taking me forever to get the concepts down (or maybe that was just cardio? renal seems to be going better). I think last year I had the "omg I'm gonna fail" mentality that kinda scared me into studying, but somehow over the summer I just stopped caring? :( We have a psychologist who is free for med students to see, maybe I'll pay him a visit and he can help me out of this motivation rut.

Yep, that's pretty much me.

I know others are struggling too...I'm not at the pass/fail line, but I've been well below average on the exams so far this year. Just not finding the motivation to study, and when I do study, it is taking me forever to get the concepts down (or maybe that was just cardio? renal seems to be going better). I think last year I had the "omg I'm gonna fail" mentality that kinda scared me into studying, but somehow over the summer I just stopped caring? :( We have a psychologist who is free for med students to see, maybe I'll pay him a visit and he can help me out of this motivation rut.

I was at the average line on almost every exam M2 and even I felt stupid, like giving up, like what I was learning didn't matter, etc, etc. I also just stopped caring at some point, too during med 2. It was so hard to motivate myself when I would bust my ass and then get questions on exams about some minute bull**** that you know has zero clinical relevance. it all just makes you feel cheated. You know the person with a photographic memory (one of my friends is this way) studied 2/3 as much and is getting honors on every exam. it just sucks.

I also thought concepts were much harder. Pulm, renal, endo, and cardio all have things that need sound understandings that is less of the straight up memorization found in m1. its an adjustment for sure.

get it worked out before step 1 prep starts. The dedicated step 1 period was like being in hell for me, I hated almost every second of my life up until taking step 1. I can't imagine going in to it depressed and unmotivated. Talking to my doctor and seeking help was one of the best decisions I ever made.

I was at the average line on almost every exam M2 and even I felt stupid, like giving up, like what I was learning didn't matter, etc, etc. I also just stopped caring at some point, too during med 2. It was so hard to motivate myself when I would bust my ass and then get questions on exams about some minute bull**** that you know has zero clinical relevance. it all just makes you feel cheated. You know the person with a photographic memory (one of my friends is this way) studied 2/3 as much and is getting honors on every exam. it just sucks.

I also thought concepts were much harder. Pulm, renal, endo, and cardio all have things that need sound understandings that is less of the straight up memorization found in m1. its an adjustment for sure.

get it worked out before step 1 prep starts. The dedicated step 1 period was like being in hell for me, I hated almost every second of my life up until taking step 1. I can't imagine going in to it depressed and unmotivated. Talking to my doctor and seeking help was one of the best decisions I ever made.

I'm so glad I read your experience. I'm having a tough time adjusting to the stupid tests in 2nd year. I like the material more, but I'm somehow scoring worse because I'm missing stupid minutiae while studying... Ugh. Should I just spend more time studying or...? I don't even know what to do.

Sent from my SGH-T879 using Tapatalk

MS2 vacation hoping to come by soon :xf::luck:

What's vacation? :(

I'm taking a full week off for thanksgiving bc we thankfully don't have required sessions immediately preceding or following the break, but we have an exam after break so I'll be spending it studying. :p

I'm so glad I read your experience. I'm having a tough time adjusting to the stupid tests in 2nd year. I like the material more, but I'm somehow scoring worse because I'm missing stupid minutiae while studying... Ugh. Should I just spend more time studying or...? I don't even know what to do.

Sent from my SGH-T879 using Tapatalk

Just keep swimming. :)
You're better off adding in pathoma compared to just ramming down random minutiae from class.