Class of 2016!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
plz correct me if i am wrong...but wouldn't some one who is a freshman now graduate in 2013 and be class of 2017?
I'm HS class of 2008, a sophomore now. i will be done in two years...may of 2012....am i counting wrong or is OP?

Edit: graduating in may not august

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I'm reserving a spot.

plz correct me if i am wrong...but wouldn't some one who is a freshman now graduate in 2013 and be class of 2017?
I'm HS class of 2008, a sophomore now. i will be done in two years...august of 2012....am i counting wrong or is OP?

No, you're absolutely correct. I'm a non-trad who will be applying for the 2012 cycle as well, and I'd be happy to go to school with some of the current college sophomores that I know through friends and siblings, even if all of you would make me feel really old. I would be turning 28 right before classes started if I get in.

Members don't see this ad :)
No, you're absolutely correct. I'm a non-trad who will be applying for the 2012 cycle as well, and I'd be happy to go to school with some of the current college sophomores that I know through friends and siblings, even if all of you would make me feel really old. I would be turning 28 right before classes started if I get in.

so then OP is class of 2017
starting way to early AND the wrong year...tisk tisk tisk...

so then OP is class of 2017
starting way to early AND the wrong year...tisk tisk tisk...
Can a person who graduates in May of 2012 not start med school in the summer/fall of 2012? I know several people who went straight through and skipped the gap year. You would simply apply at the end of your junior year.

Or am I missing something else? Either way, class of 2016 > all others. :)

I'm HS class of 2008, a sophomore now. i will be done in two years...may of 2012....am i counting wrong or is OP?

LOL. I am a sophomore. I graduate in 2012, and enter school that fall (traditionally). But I might not go that route anymore. Bye suckas! :D

well....that cuts two people out of the mix based on their sub par rationalization skills. less competition for me!! :laugh:

just kidding. but in all seriousness, we are going to need a new 2016 thread....this one started with too much bullshiz/whinning. :thumbdown:

But good luck to you OP! :)

I just couldn't resist posting this thread after seeing the other class threads. To everyone who is graduating in 2012, welcome aboard and lets hope that we all can accomplish our goals and realize our dreams. I know its a bit early, considering we are still freshmen, but its better to be early than late, IMO.

if your graduating in 2012 you should be a sophomore right now, def. not a freshman.

Can a person who graduates in May of 2012 not start med school in the summer/fall of 2012? I know several people who went straight through and skipped the gap year. You would simply apply at the end of your junior year.

Or am I missing something else? Either way, class of 2016 > all others. :)

the problem isn't on gap year. its a wrong graduation year all together.
if some one is a freshman now then they are STARTING their last year in 2012 but finishing it in 2013 and starting med school in 2013.
you don't start counting 4 years from when you start freshman year. its from when you end it. so its not 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. but its 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013...so this years freshmen are graduating in 2013 and in the same manner finishing med school in 2017 not 16.

but none of us will have to worry about that if the world ends in 2012...cuz you know...we'll all be dead :scared:

Last edited:
LOL. I am a sophomore. I graduate in 2012, and enter school that fall (traditionally). But I might not go that route anymore. Bye suckas! :D

first you say you are a freshman...now you are a sophomore...make up your mind!! lol

the original post was January 2009..........

aaaaaaahhhhh...my bad. i didn't read the date in the title. some one must have had bumped the thread.
i thought it was new..
never mind :D

disregard everything i said before this :)

Members don't see this ad :)
aaaaaaahhhhh...my bad. i didn't read the date in the title. some one must have had bumped the thread.
i thought it was new..
never mind :D

disregard everything i said before this :)

Oh My Gosh. LOL. This is why I put a DATE in the title. Haha. And to think you'll pass the verbal section of the MCAT :D Juust kidding. But in all seriousness, a gap year is VERY helpful to anyone's application.

well....that cuts two people out of the mix based on their sub par rationalization skills. less competition for me!! :laugh:

just kidding. but in all seriousness, we are going to need a new 2016 thread....this one started with too much bullshiz/whinning. :thumbdown:

But good luck to you OP! :)

Thanks Hoody! BTW, your MDApps is really sexxay. I can just imagine a hot nurse in your picture. Haha you should post in the pictures thread. Maybe I'll reciprocate. LOL. Also, consider taking one year off so you can be in the same class as me :))

Thanks Hoody! BTW, your MDApps is really sexxay. I can just imagine a hot nurse in your picture. Haha you should post in the pictures thread. Maybe I'll reciprocate. LOL. Also, consider taking one year off so you can be in the same class as me :))
...thanks :oops:. I did post pics in that thread a while back. :)

Are you taking a gap year? any special plans?

too bad i wasted 9 months in utero not preparing for medical school...

...thanks :oops:. I did post pics in that thread a while back. :)

Are you taking a gap year? any special plans?

Yes. Quite a few, but it remains to be seen how they will turn out. Mostly advocacy/teaching stuff; I'm looking to add that "wow" factor to my application. I figure taking a year off will help me do just that. What about you? What made you decide to switch from nursing? BTW, nurses are unanimously hot :laugh:

arjuna, keep that brahmastra in your pants

Last edited:
Friday = college hockey = a damn good day.

Lets. Go. Clark-son. clap clap clapclapclap. :claps:

b double e double r-u-n, beer run!!

Words of wisdom: taking a class that gets out at 9:30pm can never lead to any good.

Welcome, dear friend, and future fellow colleague! Alas, it seems I might not be a part of the class of 2016 after all. I mean, with my current plans, it seems like I might have to abandon the idea of applying next cycle (not so far off ! ) Ah well. Class of 2k17 here I come! I still can say "FIRST!"

If you'll be applying in the 2011 cycle, then you'll be considered a c/o 2016.. I think there is plenty of time for you to sort things out.. I mean, u still have a year and 2 months in which u can take the MCAT, and im sure you can finish the classes u'll need for ur major in 2.5 years

he opened the thread in early 2009

Friday = college hockey = a damn good day.

Lets. Go. Clark-son. clap clap clapclapclap. :claps:

b double e double r-u-n, beer run!!

Wow! You follow Hockey? Nice. Sad thing is I have never been to a single game here at my campus, even though we are big about sports. Too involved I guess.

Wow! You follow Hockey? Nice. Sad thing is I have never been to a single game here at my campus, even though we are big about sports. Too involved I guess.

Lame! :) Go see a game. Hockey is GREAT...

Hoody, do you watch or play or both?

YAY Class of 2016.... cant wait. UMDNJ!!!! =] hopefully.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NJMS C/O 2016.... :laugh:

Geez, already? Before long, we'll probably see a Class if 2017 thread. :rolleyes:

I don't get why this is such a big deal. 2016 is basically the application cycle after this coming one in June.

Figured I'd get started a bit early on congratulating the class of 2016!!!!! :):):):):):):):):thumbup::thumbup:

fine - i'm starting the class of 2019 thread then

Wait! class of 2018 still doesn't have a thread. Wish I could change the title of this

I don't get why this is such a big deal. 2016 is basically the application cycle after this coming one in June.

Class of 2014 Thread = started in Jan of 2009 (same year of application cycle, 2009-2010)

Class of 2015 Thread = started in Dec of 2009 (close enough to same year of application cycle, 2010-2011)

Thus, Class of 2016 should be end of 2010 or early 2011.

Conclusion: Still too early, but whatever. :cool:

We let these threads stick around as social outlets to stop people making new threads for purely social issues. Its 4 class threads or ~4 threads/day that have to be moved to AS.

Plus I think you get better advice from people you "talk" to semi-regularly.

Then again if someone starts Class of 3015 or anything like that-- it's not really funny, or witty, has been done to death and is really just boring.

so 2016erss what does everyone have planned for this upcoming summer? and how far is everyone with their research/volunteering hours/shadowing???

this is too early, half of the 2016ers will probably end up being 2017ers anyway

so 2016erss what does everyone have planned for this upcoming summer? and how far is everyone with their research/volunteering hours/shadowing???

2016 in the house! :laugh:

Well, in the first summer semester I've got health science microbiology and abnormal psychology. In the second semester I have botany. All of it mixed in with some research, shadowing, and random volunteering in the hospice. BUT... a week of complete beach relaxation for the two weeks before fall semester begins. :love: God knows I need it. We all do, I'm sure.

Wow, this is the class of 2016 thread.....

It is what it is.

Class of 2016 bossier than ever.

Only 7 months left until we start submitting apps...