Class of 2017 Acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Date OptomCAS was mailed: 7/24/12
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): ICO, PCO, SUNY, SCO, Nova, NECO, UAB
Date Interview Scheduled: PCO 9/12, ICO 9/20, Nova 10/17, SCO 10/26, cancelled the rest
Accepted (indicate school attending): ICO, PCO, Nova, SCO / attending SCO :love:

OAT (AA, TS): 330, 330
GPA(Overall, Science) Bachelor's 3.38 / Master's 3.62

Extracurriculars:[/B] Shadowed 3 different optometrists and 1 opthalmologist, involvement in all kinds of student organizations with leadership positions, full time TA as a grad student and intro course TA as an undergrad, peer leader, full time job throughout undergrad and grad, etc.

Members don't see this ad.

Can we please spell ophthalmologist correctly? Please?

Members don't see this ad :)
geez my bad, I was typing fast :rolleyes:

Spell it wrong...spell it wrong frequently and often. It is neither here nor their that there people on this board that think its they're job to police grammar and spelling like it will make the world a better place for there kids.

It is neither here nor their that there people on this board that think its they're job to police grammar and spelling like it will make the world a better place for there kids.

Congrats. You found an intentional pattern. :D

Date OptomCAS was mailed: Sept 13, 2012

Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): Western, SUNY, IU, Salus, NECO, ICO, waiting to hear back from UCBSO and SCCO

Date Interview Scheduled: Western (10/5), ICO (10/10), NECO (10/12), SUNY (10/17), turned down interview at IU and and Salus

Accepted (indicate school attending):
Western (10/9), ICO (10/12), NECO (10/15), SUNY (10/22) - not going to Western or NECO, deciding between SUNY and ICO, and potentially UCBSO if get offered an interview/accepted next year.

OAT (AA, TS):
320, 320
GPA(Overall, Science):
3.24, 3.00

Extracurriculars:
Currently working as an optometric assistant and figure skating coach; in college, was involved in several clubs with leadership position as Academic Coordinator, Alumni Chair in sorority, volunteered in clinics, health coach, part of hip hop dance group, also had a student job on campus

Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
The pelvic adhesions and scar tissues formed could have been after your hysterectomy probably due to inflammatory reaction. Once they are formed, they can get formed again (if your body has tendency to heal by forming extensive scar tissue). Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further clarification about recurrence and further management options. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle.
Take care.
---------------------------------------------

http://***************/epad/water-filter-reviews-information-water-filter-system/6864/
What?

Date OptomCAS was mailed: Sept 13, 2012

Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): Western, SUNY, IU, Salus, NECO, ICO, waiting to hear back from UCBSO and SCCO

Date Interview Scheduled: Western (10/5), ICO (10/10), NECO (10/12), SUNY (10/17), turned down interview at IU and and Salus

Accepted (indicate school attending):
Western (10/9), ICO (10/12), NECO (10/15), SUNY (10/22) - not going to Western or NECO, deciding between SUNY and ICO, and potentially UCBSO if get offered an interview/accepted next year.

OAT (AA, TS):
320, 320
GPA(Overall, Science):
3.24, 3.00

Extracurriculars:
Currently working as an optometric assistant and figure skating coach; in college, was involved in several clubs with leadership position as Academic Coordinator, Alumni Chair in sorority, volunteered in clinics, health coach, part of hip hop dance group, also had a student job on campus

Wow congrats for getting into all those schools! No offense, but I'm surprised you got into SUNY based on your OAT and GPA since their averages are a bit higher. However, I do understand that the averages are just that, a number that represents the middle. If you don't mind answering, what do you think pushed you over the edge? Did you have a deep knowledge of optometry, in your opinion? I have interviews at SUNY and NECO next week so just curious! Also, if you have any feedback aside from what is on the interview feedback pages, I'd appreciate it! PS - why did you eliminate NECO?

I'm an unusual case, as I am a reapplicant.
Date OptomCAS was mailed: 10/04/2012 (took a full month from when I paid)
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): Nova (only school I applied to)
Date Interview Scheduled: 10/29/2010
Accepted (indicate school attending): Nova!

OAT (AA, TS) 320, 310
GPA(Overall, Science) 2.9 (will be over a 3.0 at graduation)

Extracurriculars:
Worked as an optometry tech for 3 years. Did some school related extracurriculars. (had extenuating family circumstances)

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 10/01
Interview invitation extended for: SCO, RSO, NSUOCO, UMSL, ICO
Date interview scheduled: SCO (10/26)-canceled, RSO (11/16)-canceled, NSUOCO (10/16)-attended, UMSL (10/19)-attended, ICO (offered, not scheduled)
Accepted: UMSL(10/22), wont hear back from NSUOCO until the end of the month

OAT: 320
GPA: 3.70
Science GPA: 3.5

Extracurriculars: University cheerleading squad, president of the chemistry club, president of the pre-professional club, university peer mentor, brief study abroad in Belize, volunteer cheer leading coach at YMCA, and I am a fitness enthusiast.

Work experience: 3 years experience working in a private practice as an ophthalmic technician and sometimes optician. I averaged about 25-30 hours per week.

*****i was notified of my acceptance to NSUOCO on 10/31. After a lot of consideration I have accepted a seat in the UMSL class of 2017!!!!

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 8/30/2012
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): ICO, PCO, SUNY,NECO, MCHPS
Date Interview Scheduled: SUNY: 10/3 NECO: 10/5 PCO 11/2 cancelled rest
Accepted (indicate school attending): PCO, Suny - waitlisted

OAT (AA, TS): 340, 340
GPA(Overall, Science) Bachelor's 2.8-2.9

Extracurriculars: shadowed 4-5 optometrist, 1 ophthalmologist. involved in Asian Cultural Club, Tininkling dance club, volunteered at a S.T.A.R. program, worked at an ophthalmologist place

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 7/26
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): OSU, PCO, and ICO
Date Interview Scheduled: PCO (10/5) ICO (10/12) OSU (Cancelled)
Accepted (indicate school attending): PCO and ICO (attending)

OAT (AA, TS): 310, 290
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.35, 3.18

Extracurriculars: Pre-optometry club president, Big Brothers Big Sisters, School's volunteer EMS squad

Congrats everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
Date OptomCAS was mailed: 9/27
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SCCO, Midwestern
Date Interview Scheduled: SCCO 10/12, Midwestern 10/22
Accepted (indicate school attending): Accepted to both, attending SCCO

OAT (AA, TS) 330, 330
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.7, 3.3

Extracurriculars: Worked in an office for 2 years (I do insurance/optical/contacts/pre & post testing), shadowing, Pre-Optometry Club.

Wow congrats for getting into all those schools! No offense, but I'm surprised you got into SUNY based on your OAT and GPA since their averages are a bit higher. However, I do understand that the averages are just that, a number that represents the middle. If you don't mind answering, what do you think pushed you over the edge? Did you have a deep knowledge of optometry, in your opinion? I have interviews at SUNY and NECO next week so just curious! Also, if you have any feedback aside from what is on the interview feedback pages, I'd appreciate it! PS - why did you eliminate NECO?
Sorry this might be a little late..i haven't been on this in awhile. but yea i was just as surprised as you are knowing my stats when they told me I got into SUNY after my interview. It was the interview I was most scared for. During my interview at SUNY they asked a lot about my experiences in figure skating and as a health coach and how what I learned relates to optometry. I'd say my experiences might be unique compared to others maybe? We talked a lot about figure skating and how I could skate for free across the street at Bryant Park. Also, I'm really passionate about preventing chronic diseases after my volunteering experiences..so I talked about how some of these could be diagnosed by looking at the eye and how uncontrolled chronic diseases can affect eyesight..which most people wouldn't think could affect their vision

Weeding out NECO was one of the hardest choices I made. I literally waited until they emailed me that they didn't receive my deposit yet. I love Boston and the school is beautiful but the one thing I didn't like was the classrooms. To me they felt cramped and although I love the city, I figured out that since I'll be spending most of my time in the classrooms, I didn't feel like NECO was the school for me.

At all the interviews, the people facilitating the interviews always say relax and smile. I'd agree. The interviews aren't that bad, unless you get a bad interviewer, which I didn't at the schools I interviewed. They were all really nice, even SUNY's interview. I was scared for SUNY from all the bad experiences people had with their intimidating "interrogation style" but the 2 people that interviewed me were soooo nice. At both SUNY and NECO, they mainly asked me about my experiences in Optometry, why optometry and things I wrote in my personal statement....so as long as you know what you wrote on your essay and what you wrote in your application, you'll be okay. Everyone is friendly and as long as you let your personality show, you'll be okay.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you want to know anything else

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 8/09
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SCO, OSU
Date Interview Scheduled: 9/17 SCO, 9/24 OSU
Accepted (indicate school attending): SCO (9/19), OSU (attending, 9/24)

OAT (AA, TS) 370, 400
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.04, 3.26

Extracurriculars: na
Wow. Firstly, congratulations. If you don't mind me asking, did you take time off to study for your OAT?

Wow. Firstly, congratulations. If you don't mind me asking, did you take time off to study for your OAT?

I didn't take time off to study for the OAT. I treated studying for the OAT like having another class in my schedule at school. I did schedule it so that it would be a few days after my last final of the quarter so I would have 2 or 3 days to hammer everything down. I think practice tests that were part of the Kaplan On Demand program were extremely helpful.

Sorry this might be a little late..i haven't been on this in awhile. but yea i was just as surprised as you are knowing my stats when they told me I got into SUNY after my interview. It was the interview I was most scared for. During my interview at SUNY they asked a lot about my experiences in figure skating and as a health coach and how what I learned relates to optometry. I'd say my experiences might be unique compared to others maybe? We talked a lot about figure skating and how I could skate for free across the street at Bryant Park. Also, I'm really passionate about preventing chronic diseases after my volunteering experiences..so I talked about how some of these could be diagnosed by looking at the eye and how uncontrolled chronic diseases can affect eyesight..which most people wouldn't think could affect their vision

Weeding out NECO was one of the hardest choices I made. I literally waited until they emailed me that they didn't receive my deposit yet. I love Boston and the school is beautiful but the one thing I didn't like was the classrooms. To me they felt cramped and although I love the city, I figured out that since I'll be spending most of my time in the classrooms, I didn't feel like NECO was the school for me.

At all the interviews, the people facilitating the interviews always say relax and smile. I'd agree. The interviews aren't that bad, unless you get a bad interviewer, which I didn't at the schools I interviewed. They were all really nice, even SUNY's interview. I was scared for SUNY from all the bad experiences people had with their intimidating "interrogation style" but the 2 people that interviewed me were soooo nice. At both SUNY and NECO, they mainly asked me about my experiences in Optometry, why optometry and things I wrote in my personal statement....so as long as you know what you wrote on your essay and what you wrote in your application, you'll be okay. Everyone is friendly and as long as you let your personality show, you'll be okay.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you want to know anything else

Thanks for the response! Sounds like you had a really good interview. I got into SUNY too along with a couple of other places. I'm still deciding but SUNY is ahead because of its good research program so maybe we'll be classmates.

I feel you on Boston though. I think Boston seems to be the perfect mix between city and suburbs. Alas, I do see what you're saying about the overflow room. Another negative was THE COST - I don't know if NECO is necessarily worth it.

I'm applying to Berkeley too so we'll see how that pans out. Thank you again!

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 11/8 SCCO Berkeley Pacific SUNY NOVA Western
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SCCO, Pacific, SUNY
Date Interview Scheduled: SCCO 11/16, SUNY 12/12 (Thinking of cancelling), and Cancelling Pacific
Accepted (indicate school attending): Accepted to SCCO 11/19, waiting on Berkeley to make decision

OAT (AA, TS) 340, 330
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.2, 3.0

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 9/31/12
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): IU, PCO, ICO, IUAPR did not require
Date Interview Scheduled: 11/9/12 IU
Accepted (indicate school attending): IU, IUAPR, canceled all other interviews, attending IU
OAT (AA, TS) (300,310)
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.33, 3.40

Extracurriculars: President and founder of the Spanish club, studied abroad in Mexico for two summers to learn Spanish as a 2nd language, shadowed and employed by an optometrist for one summer, in a fraternity, various volunteering experiences thru the fraternity, intramural sports, member of the national hnr. Society for leadership and success, was a biology lab assistant for 2 years during school, working at Humana in the Human Resource dept. since graduating in Spring 11' with a BA in Spanish and AA in bio

Last edited:
Date OptomCAS was mailed: 9/13 Berkeley, NECO, PCO, SCCO, SUNY NOVA, Western, RSO
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): NECO, PCO, SCCO, SUNY, Western, RSO (didn't do NOVA secondary after getting other invites)
Date Interview Scheduled: PCO 11/6, SUNY 11/6, NECO 11/9, SCCO 11/16 .. cancelled the rest
Accepted (indicate school attending): PCO, SUNY, NECO, SCCO ... still deciding on school but leaning towards SUNY b/c of the established OD/PHD program. Also may consider Berkeley if I get an interview.

OAT (AA, TS): 350, 350
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.45, 3.29

Extracurriculars: the usual

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 9/31/12
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): IU, PCO, ICO, IUAPR did not require
Date Interview Scheduled: 11/9/12 IU
Accepted (indicate school attending): IU, IUAPR, canceled all other interviews, attending IU
OAT (AA, TS) (300,310)
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.33, 3.40

Extracurriculars: President and founder of the Spanish club, studied abroad in Mexico for two summers to learn Spanish as a 2nd language, shadowed and employed by an optometrist for one summer, in a fraternity, various volunteering experiences thru the fraternity, intramural sports, member of the national hnr. Society for leadership and success, was a biology lab assistant for 2 years during school, working at Humana in the Human Resource dept. since graduating in Spring 11' with a BA in Spanish and AA in bio

Congrats on IU! If you dont mind me asking, how was the admissions day? It seems pretty laid back, but im not too sure what to expect since it does not seem to be a traditional interview.

The admissions day for IU was a great experience and solidified the program as one of the national leaders for optometric training. At my admissions day, we had opportunities to ask questions to a student, professor and committee panel made up if the dean as well as the director of IUSO. To answer hour question, yes the day was more laid back than stressful. Stay engaged and ask questions, pretty basic.

The admissions day for IU was a great experience and solidified the program as one of the national leaders for optometric training. At my admissions day, we had opportunities to ask questions to a student, professor and committee panel made up if the dean as well as the director of IUSO. To answer hour question, yes the day was more laid back than stressful. Stay engaged and ask questions, pretty basic.
Thanks! was there any sort of interview portion? do they ask a lot of questions or is it mainly focused on our questions?

2017 yikes! I haven't even imagined that year to exist yet...

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 10/11
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): IUSO, ICO, MCO, PCO, OSU
Date interview: IUSO (11/9) MCO (11/19) cancelled rest
Accepted (indicate school attending): IUSO (attending) , MCO pending

OAT: 300
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.6, 3.5

Extracurriculars:
Biochemistry major, shadowed 2 optometrists, playing bingo weekly with elderly, Relay for Life captain, multiple clubs, honors program, 7 yrcommunity service project, current senior research contact lens project, REU research in proteomics and genomics, costumer service jobs for last 4 years, chemistry tutor

Last edited:
Eyesonthefuture,

Can I ask what made you decide UMSL? I have been accepted to NSUOCO and just interviewed at SCO this morning. I have a scheduled interview with UMSL in February, but I don't think NSUOCO will wait that long to hear from me. Really torn on what to do right now.

Thanks for the response! Sounds like you had a really good interview. I got into SUNY too along with a couple of other places. I'm still deciding but SUNY is ahead because of its good research program so maybe we'll be classmates.

I feel you on Boston though. I think Boston seems to be the perfect mix between city and suburbs. Alas, I do see what you're saying about the overflow room. Another negative was THE COST - I don't know if NECO is necessarily worth it.

I'm applying to Berkeley too so we'll see how that pans out. Thank you again!

NECO is expensive and they do not have good Boards Part 1 pass rates. Then again, the administration at SUNY leaves something to be desired and so do the facilities. Also, if you live out of state, SUNY gives only a 10-day winter break. If you're the type of person who likes to visit your family and friends, this could be a consideration for you.

NECO is expensive and they do not have good Boards Part 1 pass rates. Then again, the administration at SUNY leaves something to be desired and so do the facilities. Also, if you live out of state, SUNY gives only a 10-day winter break. If you're the type of person who likes to visit your family and friends, this could be a consideration for you.

Yea, I'm about 95% going to SUNY despite not being as impressed with the facilities and overall friendliness as I was with other places. I wish I could take SUNY's curriculum, put it in PCO's building, and then have it located in Boston. But, I'm going to school for a really good education and that's where SUNY shines.

I see you go to SUNY! Now that Shrunek (or whatever it was) is gone from the boards, there's not a go to person to point my SUNY questions to. If you don't mind, how is the school? More pointedly, does the course load live up to its infamously hard reputation? Is your class pretty close? Do you mind your commute (I'm just assuming you live in Queens like most of the class)? I grew up in the suburbs so going to NYC was like :eek: in so many ways.

Yea, I'm about 95% going to SUNY despite not being as impressed with the facilities and overall friendliness as I was with other places. I wish I could take SUNY's curriculum, put it in PCO's building, and then have it located in Boston. But, I'm going to school for a really good education and that's where SUNY shines.

I see you go to SUNY! Now that Shrunek (or whatever it was) is gone from the boards, there's not a go to person to point my SUNY questions to. If you don't mind, how is the school? More pointedly, does the course load live up to its infamously hard reputation? Is your class pretty close? Do you mind your commute (I'm just assuming you live in Queens like most of the class)? I grew up in the suburbs so going to NYC was like :eek: in so many ways.

In no particular order:

The commute is not bad at all. I grew up in a city where traffic doubles your commute time anyway, so it was actually a nice change for me to spend my commute on a train instead of frustrated in traffic.

The course load . . . depends. One or two classes are taught and organized in an unhelpful, not student-friendly way that makes it harder than it should be (but the material is not difficult). Another professor seems to be trying to make his class as hard as possible. Mostly, it's a large volume of material to handle.

My classmates know each other pretty well. Many of them are very nice and helpful, but some live up to the SUNY student reputation.

If you come here, realize that you will get a good education, but not everything will be perfect. You will have good days, you will have bad days. I think at SUNY in particular, you need to have a good friend or SO who is not in the program to keep your world from revolving around the school-- because that will drive you crazy. I am happy with my decision overall. If you have other questions, feel free to message me!

Date OptomCAS was mailed: Sept 6, 2012
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): NOVA, Indiana, Ferris State, ICO, Pacific, UMSL (all the schools I applied to)
Date Interview Scheduled: attended interviews at NOVA (10/12), Indiana (11/9), and Pacific (11/16) (declined interviews at all the others)
Accepted (indicate school attending): NOVA, Pacific, Indiana (attending!)

OAT (320 AA, 310 TS)
GPA(3.3 overall, 3.0 science)

Extracurriculars: intramural sports, various student organizations (including 2 exec. board positions), shadowing, etc.

Anyone else attending Indiana next year? And does anyone know if a thread has started or if a Facebook page has been created yet?! Thanks :) Good luck to everyone!

hi, I'm attending IU too! Do you know if there's a separate IU thread or facebook page set up for our class? I have been searching but can't find anything. Thanks!

I am pretty sure there isn't yet, but somebody should for sure start one! Congrats on your acceptances! I am so excited for next year!

To those last two posters who are attending IU may I ask why you chose that school? What you liked about it compared to other schools and where else you may have interviewed? I interviewed/ are interviewing at NOVA, NECO and ICO but also got an interview at IU and OSU and am just curious on your thoughts or comparisons between these! Thank you! :)And congrats on your acceptances!

date optomcas was mailed: 9/13 berkeley, neco, pco, scco, suny nova, western, rso
interview invitation extended for (school name): Neco, pco, scco, suny, western, rso (didn't do nova secondary after getting other invites)
date interview scheduled: Pco 11/6, suny 11/6, neco 11/9, scco 11/16 .. Cancelled the rest
accepted (indicate school attending): Pco, suny, neco, scco ... Still deciding on school but leaning towards suny b/c of the established od/phd program. Also may consider berkeley if i get an interview.

Oat (aa, ts): 350, 350
gpa(overall, science) 3.45, 3.29

extracurriculars: The usual

yay SUNY!

To those last two posters who are attending IU may I ask why you chose that school? What you liked about it compared to other schools and where else you may have interviewed? I interviewed/ are interviewing at NOVA, NECO and ICO but also got an interview at IU and OSU and am just curious on your thoughts or comparisons between these! Thank you! :)And congrats on your acceptances!

Hello! I interviewed at NOVA and Pacific and turned down interviews at ICO, Ferris State, and UMSL. Ultimately, any school you choose is going to be good, and so I based my decision mostly on where I could see myself living for the next few years - or longer.

I attended the University of Wisconsin for undergrad, and Bloomington reminded me a lot of Madison. Being part of a bigger university will help ease my transition from undergrad to optometry and help me feel like I am part of something bigger. Bloomington is not as big as Madison, though, and it also seems to be much cleaner and safer. Also, the people at IU were extremely friendly and approachable, and they even invited me to attend an optometry get-together they had going on the weekend of my interview. As they say, "you'll know when you know," and with Indiana, I knew! They are in the process of remodeling, too, and it will all be done when we arrive in the fall. Very cool!

I chose not to attend NOVA because I felt like I was on vacation the entire time. The Florida weather is nice, but I feel like I want to go to places like Florida to "get away," and if I am in Florida I might feel like I am on vacation and I am not confident that I would give my studies the proper attention with an ocean nearby. Also, I felt extremely overwhelmed the entire day, and I did not get a good vibe from my one-on-one interview despite the fact that they ended up accepting me. The school itself is located in a higher traffic area, and Fort Lauderdale was kind of a zoo to navigate. Though I had an amazing weekend in Florida, it was not a home for me. The way they have their program set up is really cool, though, because you take some of your classes with other disciplines (dentistry, etc.), which adds a new dimension to your education. Also, their facilities are AMAZING and brand new - so that's a perk!

As for Pacific, it was just too dreary. Also, I was not impressed with the on-campus facilities. The town is very run-down, and it seems that the economy out there is quite depressed. Also, there is a lot of farm land, so it seems like things are way too spread out. There are 6 clinics, but they are not all in close proximity. The people there were very receptive, and they have lots of cool research going on there!

Biggest suggestion: attend as many interviews as you think are necessary to find a place where you feel most comfortable. People on here can give you their advice, but it's your own personal experiences that will speak the loudest.

Good luck!

Date OptomCAS was mailed: Late September 2012
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name):SCCO
Date Interview Scheduled: October 12th
Accepted (indicate school attending): SCCO

OAT (AA, TS) : 370, 380
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.65

Extracurriculars:
supplemental instruction (SI) leader, volunteer/shadow at an optometry office for 2 hrs/wk for a year.

Uni attending: The University of Melbourne, Australia
Uni interviewed at: no interview for Optom unis in Australia
GAMSAT score: 60
GPA: 6.2 (72%)
EC: not needed either but did work experience with 2 optometrists out of my own interest
Feelings upon entering (adding my own section): Bring it on!! :D

Pardon my ignorance, but what are the specifications for entering Melbourne? Is it a doctorate program as well? Do you need a 4 year degree prior to applying?
Thanks for the input.

Date OptomCAS was mailed:November 8
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): Waterloo, Midwestern, Nova, NECO, Pacific, OSU
Date Interview Scheduled: Waterloo (Nov), Midwestern (December), Nova ( December), NECO (December), Pacific (January), OSU(Scheduling today/may not attend)
Accepted (indicate school attending): Midwestern, Nova, NECO. Leaning towards NECO. Waiting for Waterloo

OAT (AA, TS) : 310, 300
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.78, 3.89

Extracurricular:
-shadowed a few optometrists,
-lots of volunteering
-college/professional baseball

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 9/5/12 Submitted application to OptomCAS, 10/10/12 OptomCAS Mailed my application
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): Western, Midwestern, Pacific, SCCO, Berkeley
Date Interview Scheduled: Western (canceled), MWU (11/12), Pacific (11/16), SCCO (12/17), (waiting to hear from Berkeley)
Accepted (indicate school attending): MWU, Pacific, SCCO

I can't decide between Pacific and SCCO! and Berkeley is another question mark! I was leaning towards Pacific for a while because the area is so gorgeous, but SCCO has better weather, is a top school, and is closer to home. Does anyone have any advice?

OAT (AA, TS) 320, 310
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.4, 3.1

Extracurriculars: 2 years experience in a private practice (shadowing, volunteering, working), shadowed several ODs and ophthalmologists, environmental club, piano, research lab assistant

Interview Invitation Extended for: PCO, SCO, NOVA, NECO
Date Interview Scheduled: PCO (Dec), SCO (Dec), NOVA (Feb), NECO (TBA)
Accepted (indicate school attending): PCO (Dec), SCO (Dec)

I heard back from PCO in a week and heard back from SCO the next day.

Will be attending SCO!

OAT: 320
GPA(Overall, Pre-Req): 3.7. 3.5

Extracurricular: Numerous hours of shadowing in various optometric settings, community work, leadership organizations, collegiate and semi-professional athlete.

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 10/24/12
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): Western
Date Interview Scheduled: Western (12/14)
Accepted (indicate school attending): Western (attending)

OAT (AA, TS) 290, 290
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.1, 3.0

Extracurriculars: Supervisor at LensCrafters, Eagle Scout, President and founder of Optometry club in Undergrad, a lot of shadowing and volunteering hours.

Anyone here going to Western or starting a Class of 2017 group on Facebook?

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 11/08/12
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): SUNY, NOVA, ICO, PCO, NECO
Date Interview Scheduled: SUNY 12/18, cancelled all others
Accepted (indicate school attending): SUNY (ATTENDING!)

OAT (AA, TS) 330, 330
GPA(Overall, Science) 3.4, 3.2

Got accepted at my first interview, which was my first choice, so I cancelled all my other interviews.. YAYY! Does anyone know if there's a Facebook page for SUNY Optometry's Class of 2017?

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 09/27/2012
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): PCO, NECO, NOVA
Date Interview Scheduled: PCO (01/03/2013), NECO (01/11/2013), NOVA (01/23/2013--most likely not going)
Accepted (indicate school attending): PCO (01/07/2012)

OAT (AA, TS): 330, 330
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.31, 3.50

Extracurriculars: Museum volunteer, chorus, student-run cafe, 5 years experience working at private clinics

Since I am from Canada, I also applied to Waterloo. The interview was November 24, but I won't know anything until March

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 08/22/2012
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): OSU, PCO, NECO, SCO, UAB, ICO, UMSL, NSUOCO
Date Interview Scheduled: OSU (9/17/12), UMSL (10/22/12), ICO (10/23/12), UAB (11/13/12), cancelled/declined all others (except SCO-deciding if I want to interview or not)
Accepted (indicate school attending): ICO (11/2/12), UAB (11/19/12), withdrew my application from others, attending UAB! (unless I decide to interview at SCO, get accepted, and change my mind)

OAT (AA, TS): 300, 290
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.59, 3.49

Extracurriculars: grant-funded research, PR chair of Pre-Health Association, leadership programs and honor societies, 48 hours of shadowing, graduated a semester early from a liberal arts college

Date OptomCAS was mailed: 08/22/2012
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): OSU, PCO, NECO, SCO, UAB, ICO, UMSL, NSUOCO
Date Interview Scheduled: OSU (9/17/12), UMSL (10/22/12), ICO (10/23/12), UAB (11/13/12), cancelled/declined all others (except SCO-deciding if I want to interview or not)
Accepted (indicate school attending): ICO (11/2/12), UAB (11/19/12), withdrew my application from others, attending UAB! (unless I decide to interview at SCO, get accepted, and change my mind)

OAT (AA, TS): 300, 290
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.59, 3.49

Extracurriculars: grant-funded research, PR chair of Pre-Health Association, leadership programs and honor societies, 48 hours of shadowing, graduated a semester early from a liberal arts college
Hey! I'm going to UAB too! But I actually live pretty far from Alabama so I was wondering if you knew of any Facebook groups or resources I could use to contact other people to possibly find a roommate or an apartment? Congrats!

Date OptomCAS was mailed: July 2012
Interview Invitation Extended for (school name): UAB, PCO, SUNY, SCCO
Date Interview Scheduled: UAB (10/29/12), PCO (11/12/12), SUNY (11/13/12), SCCO (12/3/12 but withdrew from interview)
Accepted (indicate school attending): PCO, SUNY, UAB - Attending UAB!!!!!! :)

OAT (AA, TS): 340, 330
GPA(Overall, Science): 3.70, 3.78

Extracurriculars: Optometric technician at a small-group optometry practice, 500+ hours of shadowing/work experience in optometry field, President of Pre-Optometry Club, Biochemistry TA, Chemistry Tutor, member of various service organizations, Team Retention Chair for Relay for Life, Business Entrepreneurship minor

Let me know if you're going to UAB too! I need a roommate! :)

I'm glad to see someone else is going to UAB. It didn't seem like a popular choice in the previous comments! I live about 6 hours away from UAB (in Kentucky) so we're in the same boat! I've been looking for Facebook groups and other resources as well-not much luck. However, when I interviewed, one of the other girls interviewing that was from around there told me about a useful website for looking for apartments: selectmyspace.com. Hope that helps some!