Class of 2017.... how you doin?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm glad Mizzou isn't the only school to pull this kind of crap. We have 7 finals this coming week... Weeks like this make me second guess my choice of school / career. But seeing Miz isn't the only only makes me feel a little better lol
One of our pathologists told me that Cornell is similar. We only have midterms and finals, no quizzes or tests in between, so that would be why. Still sucks though. And each of the tests includes several subjects. Our first exam consists of anatomy, pathology, physiology, pharmacology, parasitology, epidemiology, etc..., and another exam is the same way. Then we have our radiology, histology, anatomy, pathology, and parasitology practicals all on the same day and they only count as one exam on the schedule even though they're graded separately.
In other news, I got to practice my equine PE skills today and observe a transpalpebral enucleation! Very fun day.

Members don't see this ad.

This coming week is busy for us too (not 7 exams busy thankfully!). I just cannot be productive today, which is frustrating me. Does that motivate me? Nope, started another movie on netflix
I'm looking at all these notes for Monday's immuno exam and I'm all...

130927615839.gif

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just in case you didn't know she posted last year's exam on KSOL, give you an idea of the kind of questions.
Yeah, I have a ton of old exams, but I will definitely check KSOL. Netflix is proving to be an issue

Yeah, I have a ton of old exams, but I will definitely check KSOL. Netflix is proving to be an issue
I have two exams and a quiz starting Monday, but here I sit. I have glanced at everything, looked to see where I had older exams, and then switched on the boob tube and watched Monster's University followed by Monsters, Inc. I have nearly finished the entire first season of Arrow etc...

I have two exams and a quiz starting Monday, but here I sit. I have glanced at everything, looked to see where I had older exams, and then switched on the boob tube and watched Monster's University followed by Monsters, Inc. I have nearly finished the entire first season of Arrow etc...
Movie after movie while going through lectures

This is crazy! I think we only had two exams in one week once. I can't even imagine 7 or 8! We have one exam a week, most weeks, and it makes it so much easier to only focus on one thing at a time.
Same here. Second year it's pretty much two exams every week, but this year we haven't ever had more than 3, where two are anatomy (written and practical). And luckily we were able to move our neuro exam so it will be after Mardi Gras instead of directly after this beast of anatomy on Tuesday/Wednesday.

It's sad when I feel so unmotivated to study a subject that I actually clean my bathroom in order to procrastinate...

Reactions: 1 users
I literally spent 24 total hours at school this weekend studying. 13 hrs Saturday and and a little over 11 today. I'm pooped.. Hell week starts tomorrow with our anatomy practical followed by the written over the LA pelvic cavity / repro/ pelvic limb. And now bed time.

Holy balls that anatomy exam was brutal. So so brutal. Going to go curl up in a corner and die until tomorrow brings a new hell!

Good luck with everyone going through exams! I am so happy to be on a two week spring break but I'm already kind of bored… :/

Members don't see this ad :)
I spent the entirety of last week doing absolutely nothing and had the best time ever. I'm sad it's over. :(

Well, I went to the archery range too and loved it! I think shooting things in general has become quite appealing.

The histo written exam we just took was friggin spiral bound. And somehow it was still less horrendous than yesterday.

After how that practical went I really need to study for the written anatomy exam...after how that practical went, I really don't want to study more.

Basic Histo is over for ever!!! Yay!!! Practical today was actually very fair and straight forward. Nice reprieve from yesterday's written.

Reactions: 2 users
Did my usual grocery run this weekend with fresh, healthy foods. Went back today and bought everything that is junk and bad for you. Midterms....sorrynotsorry.

Basic Histo is over for ever!!! Yay!!! Practical today was actually very fair and straight forward. Nice reprieve from yesterday's written.

Doing a happy dance Micro is over!!! SO glad to be done with that class :p My motivation is severely lacking tonight to study for any more finals...

A lot of people keep telling us that second semester of first year is the hardest semester of vet school. I'm not sure if it's true or if everyone says that to make us feel better. I really hope it's true because I can't take much more than this. I am beyond exhausted.

A lot of people keep telling us that second semester of first year is the hardest semester of vet school. I'm not sure if it's true or if everyone says that to make us feel better. I really hope it's true because I can't take much more than this. I am beyond exhausted.

Sorry, they lied. The hardest semester is either first or second semester of third year, depending on when you have juniour surgery (though having it first semester sucks less than second semester). The good news is that second year is a breeze compared with first year. A bit dull, but easier.

Sorry, they lied. The hardest semester is either first or second semester of third year, depending on when you have juniour surgery (though having it first semester sucks less than second semester). The good news is that second year is a breeze compared with first year. A bit dull, but easier.

Eff. I'm just going to give up now.

I think second semester 1st year is hardest, but junior surgery semester is the craziest, time management wise.

I just got through talking with a clinician here who went to my undergrad. NETWORKING! He offered to help find me a research position for next summer, or this summer if none of my applications work out. :)

First of 4 exams in 9 days down. It was 50 questions and multiple choice. I finished in 20 minutes then of course took time to double check answers. I hope I did as well as I think I did. Somehow that never manages to actually happen.

So we have a MASSIVE TNR clinic at Florida and students volunteer and once you complete surgery lab students can neuter cats. Students volunteer off and on at various stations such as anesthesia, recovery, medications, vaccines, surgery prep, surgery monitoring ect. I have signed up for every one, 6 total so far, and I have been working in anesthesia. There are various positions in each station. I've been doing the actual anesthesia dosing and sticking for the past 4 clinics and am having a blast. At the last clinic the coordinator told me that I did a fantastic job and that it was good to have a reliable person doing anesthesia, and someone who was good at dosing and a hard worker. Well I gotmy assignment for the clinic this weekend and I have been made captain of the anesthesia station. I am a first year and get to over see second and third years. I am on cloud nine. Dedication and signing up regularly for every clinic pays off.

Reactions: 3 users
Lesson learned. Don't give yourself only 2 nights to study for an anatomy written/practical exam. Especially since one of those nights I was feeling very apathetic towards studying and half-assed it. I had my ass handed to to me today!

Only two more exams to go tomorrow and finals will be done!! We all had an awesome and very generous exam this morning at 7am (ugh). It was nice to feel good about ourselves before tomorrow's GI phys and Nutrition exams.

Epidemiology, I'm just not that into you.

Test tomorrow, and all I can think is, "Wow, I really hate statistics…"

We have a dinky one credit course this year, and it is the most annoying credit I have experienced in my entire school career.

Ugh, ours is 2 credit hours. Two extremely annoying credit hours.

5 More hours and I'll be FREEEEEEE!!! Going to stop at the grocery store on my way home and then I'm coming home and sleeping and I'm not waking up until I want to. And then I'm going bowling. And then I'm sleeping more!

More slaughter plant visits today. I would trade class days for these field trip days any day!

(Except when my phone dies and everyone on the bus is sleeping....)

First of 4 exams in 9 days down. It was 50 questions and multiple choice. I finished in 20 minutes then of course took time to double check answers. I hope I did as well as I think I did. Somehow that never manages to actually happen.

True to myself I didnt do as well as I had hoped. =(

FREEDOMMMM!!!! Today went surprisingly well except for the part where we basically had to take our GI phys exam twice. Started it on the computer, lost network connection, took it on scantron, then had to go back to the computer when the network came back on. Took an hour longer than it should have. But who cares. FREEDOMMM!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Finals are DONNNE!!! I'm so so so happy to not have a darn thing to study for this weekend. Plus my husband lands in STL at 430 and will be here for 2 whole weeks!!

Life is good :)

I'm with both of you, SO glad to be done... I am so exhausted from this week... we really need an extra day to recuperate from finals. Not going to happen, but it would be nice.

I'm with both of you, SO glad to be done... I am so exhausted from this week... we really need an extra day to recuperate from finals. Not going to happen, but it would be nice.
It might if we get enough snow this weekend!

I may or may not be currently eating ice cream on a chocolate chip cookie.... so I may or may not just have ice cream on the brain... :)
I have eaten almost a whole bag of Funyuns while washing them down with coke. My tummy is becoming slightly volatile, but I can't stop. :nailbiting: