Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You're the best, thank you!! :)

Got to shout out @hellanutella for getting some love from Sinai as well!!

I didn't know she got Sinai too! Oh my gosh! Sorry @hellanutella!! You both are sooooo incredible and inspiring :) I'm so proud of you guys!! CONGRATS!!!!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I didn't know she got Sinai too! Oh my gosh! Sorry @hellanutella!! You both are sooooo incredible and inspiring :) I'm so proud of you guys!! CONGRATS!!!!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Hahaha no worries! I just posted a few minutes ago. :D Hope you folks get plenty of IIs heading your way today!

Reactions: 1 users
Hahaha no worries! I just posted a few minutes ago. :D Hope you folks get plenty of IIs heading your way today!

OMG VANDY FOR YOU TOO? You're incredible!!! Such a rock star!!! Have fun with @turayza in Nashville!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo stoked for you ahhhh!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
We will take NYC by storm! Let's hope for some more NYC love.

OMG VANDY FOR YOU TOO? You're incredible!!! Such a rock star!!! Have fun with @turayza in Nashville!!!!!!! I'm sooooooo stoked for you ahhhh!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Thank you so much Sunflowah! I guess I'm having a twofer day, just like you did. :D It's been a golden Friday.

Hoping I bump into @Person0715 and my favourite hedgehog, @turayza! Already researching Nashville restaurants... never had real Southern cooking before. :heckyeah:

:luck::turtle::luck::turtle::luck: Hoping you guys get some surprise IIs this weekend! :luck::turtle::luck::turtle:

Reactions: 4 users
No news today, but after going over my travel schedule for the next month and a half, maybe I'm okay with that.... Hahaha a little reprieve from flying would definitely not be the end of the world at this point. You guys with 7+ interviews must be going nuts. @hellanutella, have you been able to combine your interviews within the same trip(s)?

@sunflower18, I love your new avatar!

With my current interview schedule, it looks like I will be taking at least 3 unpaid weeks off from work. This is not looking good for the wallet.

Reactions: 1 user
@sunflower18, I love your new avatar!

With my current interview schedule, it looks like I will be taking at least 3 unpaid weeks off from work. This is not looking good for the wallet.

Thank you!! :) I found it online and thought it was super adorable.

Wow, that's crazy. I'm sorry that your wallet isn't handling your amazing application too well! But it'll all be worth it in the end :) I think that you're a great candidate for some merit scholarships, so I bet you'll get some great financial aid packages when that time rolls around. I'm crossing my fingers for you! Is your boss being lenient about you missing work? I think this process would be really difficult without a supportive work/school environment.

@hellanutella @No Limits
Congratulations! And maybe we'll run into each other--just saw the email from Sinai ;)

You got a Sinai interview too?! CONGRATS!!! That's so awesome!! You guys should have a SDN meet-up party while you're in NYC!!

Complete at my first school. Others will follow suit shortly.

Debating whether to add a few more reaches in for the hell of it. I have enough essays I can recycle at this point. Hah.

Hoping I start to hear back from schools by Sept.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all the new interviews! Really hoping I gain some more momentum next week, come on NYC schools show me some love!

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to all the new interviews! Really hoping I gain some more momentum next week, come on NYC schools show me some love!

You've had a crazy awesome week!!! Three IIs this week? That's amazing! I hope your luck continues, though if you gain much more momentum, you'll be positively drowning in invites!

@Turazaya, congrats on Sinai. Sinai has the best location out of the NYC schools IMO.

@Turazaya, congrats on Sinai. Sinai has the best location out of the NYC schools IMO.

They're in a super nice area... right next to the park too! So...who has sent in the area emails to schools? What have you said?

They're in a super nice area... right next to the park too! So...who has sent in the area emails to schools? What have you said?

I have! To Cornell. Basically I just said that I would be in NYC for another medical school interview on XX date and that, if i was offered an interview at Cornell, I'd love to schedule it on YY date so that I could combine my trips. I said that I was from the West Coast so it would save me a lot of time and money. I also said that if it wasn't possible to coordinate days, I would definitely make another trip to NYC for Cornell because it's one of my top choices. They seemed friendly and receptive about it, and said they'd let me know and would coordinate with me if I was offered an interview.

No news today, but after going over my travel schedule for the next month and a half, maybe I'm okay with that.... Hahaha a little reprieve from flying would definitely not be the end of the world at this point. You guys with 7+ interviews must be going nuts. @hellanutella, have you been able to combine your interviews within the same trip(s)?

Doing Cornell and Sinai in the same week and goofing off around NYC for the weekend, then onto Pitt and UVA. I'm going to put Vandy in October because I have no time left on my first trip! I have to book it home for USC. :O I don't even want to look at my bank account... luckily this first trip can be covered with free miles.

Boss has been really supportive and understanding. I am indebted to my coworkers, too... got very lucky with my gap year position.

Whaaaaat @turayza! Congratulations! Hope we can tackle both Vandy and Sinai together. That must have been a nice surprise e-mail! Be sure to send an ITA email to Cornell – historically they've been really receptive to them and had plenty of dates in early-mid Sept from my e-mail. (They do Monday/Wednesday interviews).

Reactions: 3 users
Doing Cornell and Sinai in the same week and goofing off around NYC for the weekend, then onto Pitt and UVA. I'm going to put Vandy in October because I have no time left on my first trip! I have to book it home for USC. :O I don't even want to look at my bank account... luckily this first trip can be covered with free miles.

Boss has been really supportive and understanding. I am indebted to my coworkers, too... got very lucky with my gap year position.

Whaaaaat @turayza! Congratulations! Hope we can tackle both Vandy and Sinai together. That must have been a nice surprise e-mail! Be sure to send an ITA email to Cornell – historically they've been really receptive to them and had plenty of dates in early-mid Sept from my e-mail. (They do Monday/Wednesday interviews).

Sounds busy but incredibly exciting!! We might cross paths in NYC yet :) I'm spending a weekend there as well! I hope you have an amazing time, regardless of how incredibly expensive traveling is :( Boo expenses.

I'm glad to hear that Cornell is usually receptive to ITA emails. I'm crossing my fingers so hard that they decide to interview me and @turayza while we're in town!

Sounds busy but incredibly exciting!! We might cross paths in NYC yet :) I'm spending a weekend there as well! I hope you have an amazing time, regardless of how incredibly expensive traveling is :( Boo expenses.

I'm glad to hear that Cornell is usually receptive to ITA emails. I'm crossing my fingers so hard that they decide to interview me and @turayza while we're in town!

Speaking of ITA emails, do you guys think an 8 hour drive is enough to warrant an email, or does have to be a cross country flight?

Speaking of ITA emails, do you guys think an 8 hour drive is enough to warrant an email, or does have to be a cross country flight?

Ooooof. 8 hour drive? I'd personally say yes. Hope you have a smooth trip!

Funny enough, I can't even do any ITA emails because my II week(s) are full up! x____x Hope I can cluster any more IIs with my Vanderbilt one.

Whooooo @sunflower18! I'm there the first week of September. You?

Ooooof. 8 hour drive? I'd personally say yes. Hope you have a smooth trip!

Funny enough, I can't even do any ITA emails because my II week(s) are full up! x____x Hope I can cluster any more IIs with my Vanderbilt one.

Whooooo @sunflower18! I'm there the first week of September. You?

Me too!!! :)

Posted using SDN Mobile

The number of interviews I have within this month is literally impossible to complete, so against common advice I might end up having to refuse one or two invites that I have already accepted (I don't believe schools who I have been slated to interview at for several weeks will appreciate a schedule change). It's against best practice when applying to medical school, I know, but still having to attend class and do well in courses is also important to me. But I couldn't sleep last night trying to decide how best to manage things....

In other news... CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON THE GREAT WEEKS. I predict even more success next week :)

Y'all are so awesome for getting even more II's!! My first one at ECU is in less than 2 weeks, and I'm both excited and nervous. Does anyone else have a late August interview date? Or am I going to the front lines by myself?

The number of interviews I have within this month is literally impossible to complete, so against common advice I might end up having to refuse one or two invites that I have already accepted (I don't believe schools who I have been slated to interview at for several weeks will appreciate a schedule change). It's against best practice when applying to medical school, I know, but still having to attend class and do well in courses is also important to me. But I couldn't sleep last night trying to decide how best to manage things....

In other news... CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ON THE GREAT WEEKS. I predict even more success next week :)

Could you just ask some if you could postpone them until October? I'm sure that'd be ok! And definitely preferable to cancelling outright. That's a tough predicament though. I think 5 in one month is my limit... I could maybe do 6 or 7 if I combine trips to NYC or whatever but that's definitely it. If I get more, I'm looking for October dates!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Y'all are so awesome for getting even more II's!! My first one at ECU is in less than 2 weeks, and I'm both excited and nervous. Does anyone else have a late August interview date? Or am I going to the front lines by myself?
I'm headed to battle with you! I'm flying out to the east coast for my first interview during the last week of august as well.

I'm with you too! It's both scary and exciting!

Posted using SDN Mobile

Wow exciting day for a lot of you guys today!! BIG CONGRATS!!!! :D Taking NYC by storm I see ;) The traveling seems like it can get very expensive and hectic, but good problems to have overall I think!

I'm sooooo happy for you!!! :) So.......Celebration cookies? :p

Good idea... perhaps tomorrow afternoon :D

I have! To Cornell. Basically I just said that I would be in NYC for another medical school interview on XX date and that, if i was offered an interview at Cornell, I'd love to schedule it on YY date so that I could combine my trips. I said that I was from the West Coast so it would save me a lot of time and money. I also said that if it wasn't possible to coordinate days, I would definitely make another trip to NYC for Cornell because it's one of my top choices. They seemed friendly and receptive about it, and said they'd let me know and would coordinate with me if I was offered an interview.

Ah sounds good. Thanks for the advice! I'm a little nervous about sending them an email because that would make my first interview a double... :hungover:

Fingers crossed for another II from an NY school (4 possible?!) and a Chicago school (also 4), then I can stick them together since Chicago is usually the layover on the way to NY!

Hmm sounds good. When did you get your Cornell II?

Ha ha I'm hoping someone on interview day for Vandy will do this with me: http://nashvilleescapegame.com/
Sound super fun!!

Got busy with work so wasn't able to post, but I got my first interview invite to University of Chicago late last week and three more this week! For everyone out there who is still waiting for their first, hang in there! They will come :)

Got busy with work so wasn't able to post, but I got my first interview invite to University of Chicago late last week and three more this week! For everyone out there who is still waiting for their first, hang in there! They will come :)

Congrats!! :)

Could you just ask some if you could postpone them until October? I'm sure that'd be ok! And definitely preferable to cancelling outright. That's a tough predicament though. I think 5 in one month is my limit... I could maybe do 6 or 7 if I combine trips to NYC or whatever but that's definitely it. If I get more, I'm looking for October dates!

Posted using SDN Mobile

I would love to postpone schools towards October, but I'm struggling with how to do so and also not convey the message that they are not important to me. Particularly if a current interview has been scheduled for a while. The two interviews that pushed me over the top were by far my top choices, and I do not want to request any interview postponements for the new schools. (any school after this will def. be in October, though) However, I have decided to wait to cancel interviews until I get my course schedules: no use panicking before I talk to professors.

I'm headed to battle with you! I'm flying out to the east coast for my first interview during the last week of august as well.

Me too!!!! 1.5 weeks left! How are y'all preparing for your first interviews?

Me too!!! :)

Posted using SDN Mobile

Yeeeeeeesssss! Hope we can go and get a bunch of cookies (or be the crazy tourists that wait for hours in line for cronuts). I'm looking forward to my pseudo-vacation. :D

Good idea... perhaps tomorrow afternoon :D

Hmm sounds good. When did you get your Cornell II?

Ha ha I'm hoping someone on interview day for Vandy will do this with me: http://nashvilleescapegame.com/
Sound super fun!!

I got my Cornell II a few days ago and booked my interview for early September (they also had super early dates like Sinai so my interviews are two days apart).

Oh my god that is remarkable! Yup, I'd totally do it... aside from sounding like the MMI "team activity" station from hell. May actually be good interview practice anyways.

I would love to postpone schools towards October, but I'm struggling with how to do so and also not convey the message that they are not important to me. Particularly if a current interview has been scheduled for a while. The two interviews that pushed me over the top were by far my top choices, and I do not want to request any interview postponements for the new schools. (any school after this will def. be in October, though) However, I have decided to wait to cancel interviews until I get my course schedules: no use panicking before I talk to professors.

Me too!!!! 1.5 weeks left! How are y'all preparing for your first interviews?

I think you should be able to postpone and I would not fault you at all for doing so! You don't need to give schools specifics, but just say the times – which you originally thought would work with your schedule – ended up conflicting with fall semester coursework and other commitments. Anyways, some people postpone so they can get more practice and interview at the top schools later. :) Once October 15th rolls around and your acceptances pour in, you can cancel whatever ones you please.

Are you guys planning on doing interviews back-to-back, ie on consecutive days?

I am. I live on the west coast so in September I have 3 interviews within 4 days. It's not ideal, especially with flights in between, but it's the only way to bundle them together and save time/airfare.

I am. I live on the west coast so in September I have 3 interviews within 4 days. It's not ideal, especially with flights in between, but it's the only way to bundle them together and save time/airfare.

WEST COAST BEST COAST :)

Posted using SDN Mobile

I'm not. For ones in same area I plan to space them out at least 2 days.
Though most places I have friends/acquaintances I can live with, so don't have to worry about hotel costs--that would add up!

I'm not. For ones in same area I plan to space them out at least 2 days.
Though most places I have friends/acquaintances I can live with, so don't have to worry about hotel costs--that would add up!
is your s/o getting any love in the same places?

He hasn't finished all the secondaries yet :poke: obviously needs to spend some time on SDN haha

Since he has good stats he will probably still be okay, so that's good! Has he been supportive of you?

Posted using SDN Mobile

Since he has good stats he will probably still be okay, so that's good! Has he been supportive of you?

Posted using SDN Mobile

Haha I hope so... I feel like a terrible nag every time I tell him to get working. He works 1.5 jobs (60-70 hours/week) so it's been difficult, but that's still 100 hours in the week left for secondaries!!! (Kidding. Sort of. Who needs sleep :p)
I think my IIs have been pretty motivating for him, lol.

You all are the best motivation haha :happy: Perfect combination of "I'm awesome" and "let's be awesome together!!"

WEST COAST BEST COAST :)

Posted using SDN Mobile

I'm going to like your post just so you can see me unlike it later...Everyone knows that the bEAST COAST is where it's at.

Last edited:
weekends are quiet... and slow... and I can't wait until Monday is that weird

weekends are quiet... and slow... and I can't wait until Monday is that weird

After this whole cycle is over you're gonna look back and wish you had more weekends to enjoy. Grass is always greener.

West Coast, Inconveniently Distant Coast maybe ...
Ugh.
Get used to sitting on planes!

Hahaha soooo true. Flying 24,000 miles in one month? Bring it on!

Posted using SDN Mobile

I'm going to like this just so you can see me unlike it later...Everyone knows that the bEAST COAST is where it's at.

Hahaha that was pretty good. Besides, I gotta love the East Coast, since it looks like that's where I'll be next year.

Posted using SDN Mobile