Classes at NYCOM-to current NYCOM students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Taty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could you please tell me what classes I will be taking as MS01 at NYCOM?

My problem is..well...its kind of weird and stupid, but literally all my life I was working full time and taking full class load...even when I graduated in 2004 I was taking classes after my graduation (and yes I still have time for fun and travel I have great friends and fiancee, I know how to enjoy my life :) :) :) )..Also, I sleep 4 hours per day and perfectly fine with it (just cannot sleep more)..Anyway, now I am just working no classes and feel incomplete...I mean I have nothing to do I was thinking maybe I will read some books to be prepared better for the classes I cant wait to start!!!

Please, don't laugh at me I am serious ....

Members don't see this ad.

It's systems based, so each system comprises of many subjects - Path, embryology, microbio, biochem, physio, pharm, anatomy, OMM.

For example, we are doing Neuro system right now, so we have everything related to that - ei pharm for psych drugs, epilepsy meds, etc., biochem for lipid accumulation disease, anatomy of head & neck, physio for how action potentials of axons work,etc., neurology & neurosurgery for clinically related material, and so on.

Could you please tell me what classes I will be taking as MS01 at NYCOM?

My problem is..well...its kind of weird and stupid, but literally all my life I was working full time and taking full class load...even when I graduated in 2004 I was taking classes after my graduation (and yes I still have time for fun and travel I have great friends and fiancee, I know how to enjoy my life :) :) :) )..Also, I sleep 4 hours per day and perfectly fine with it (just cannot sleep more)..Anyway, now I am just working no classes and feel incomplete...I mean I have nothing to do I was thinking maybe I will read some books to be prepared better for the classes I cant wait to start!!!

Please, don't laugh at me I am serious ....

You're wasting your time. You won't remember anything come the first day of classes. I don't even remember stuff I studied last week. Work on learning how to sleep more and enjoying your last bit of freedom.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks a lot for your input guys. I put my deposit in today!!!!

I have that sleep problem for like 7 years already...well lets look on the bright side I guess it will help me during my surgery rotations and residency:)

Thanks a lot for your input guys. I put my deposit in today!!!!

I have that sleep problem for like 7 years already...well lets look on the bright side I guess it will help me during my surgery rotations and residency:)
I wonder how lack of sleep will affect your body in the long run? You should look up some studies; make sure it's doesn't correlate with life expectancy. :eek:

I wonder how lack of sleep will affect your body in the long run? You should look up some studies; make sure it's doesn't correlate with life expectancy. :eek:

Hmmm I never thought about this. I will look into this issue.

But is the 2011 class still system based?

It's systems based, so each system comprises of many subjects - Path, embryology, microbio, biochem, physio, pharm, anatomy, OMM.

Taty - Cherish the time you have of doing nothing because come August that will change rather quickly :)

They are changing it again??? So confused.

owned.gif

No clue. But one thing I do know is you guys won't have retakes! :scared:

NYCOM changes their curriculum q1-2 yrs.......they need to find something and stick with it........

;)