Combank score and Comlex 1 correlation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc406

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this question has been asked a lot on different threads but i'm going to ask it again.

I have Been through 80 percent of COMBANK and my average is a 63 Percent. Most of that is on my own but there are definitely times that I look up some answers. I take my COMLEX in a week. I have been through FA, DIT, and Pathoma.

I have also done all of the kaplan q bank questions for comlex and have an average score of 62 percent. any advice on how my chances look for doing decent on COMLEX?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
qbank percentile is useless as a predictor. use it as a learning tool. getting hung up on percent will simply sap your confidence. the real way to use that bank is understand why youve missed a question and take notes ect on the topic so you wont miss it again.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have any last minute advices for comlex. I take it in 4 days. My comeback average is up to a 65 percent, with my recent questions, doing blocks of 50 starting to range 64-70 percent each time. What are some last minute things to go over that you were surprised to see or which you had reviewed one last time? Thanks!!

Does anyone have any last minute advices for comlex. I take it in 4 days. My comeback average is up to a 65 percent, with my recent questions, doing blocks of 50 starting to range 64-70 percent each time. What are some last minute things to go over that you were surprised to see or which you had reviewed one last time? Thanks!!
Know your OMM cold, that will get you an extra boost in points (chapman points, levels of dysfunction, etc...). If I do recall, the micro was pretty straight forward on Level 1, so if that is a strong point for you then great.

I did not read everyone's responses, I'm just assuming you're looking for what I was looking for a few months ago...

I had a 77% in COMBANK and got <500 on COMLEX. I'm not thrilled about it and it was a huge drop from my COMSAE average, but whatever. I'm not going to whine about passing. The exam whooped me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm obsessed with these kinds of stats too, so I'll share mine

level 1
~72% comquest first time through tutor mode
=590 level 1

Level 2
~67% combank first time through tutor mode
~70% comquest first time through tutor mode
= 645 level 2

For those reading in the future, focus on UWorld not combank. UW teaches you how to think through questions and the quality of explanations is unparalleled. Take one or two comsaes and you'll have the format down. Combank is a subpar resource.

Reactions: 7 users
For those reading in the future, focus on UWorld not combank. UW teaches you how to think through questions and the quality of explanations is unparalleled. Take one or two comsaes and you'll have the format down. Combank is a subpar resource.

I would also reiterate- this has been said many times before- that you shouldn't look at Uworld as an assessment tool. Don't wait until you've been through FA or other Qbanks to "prepare" for Uworld, or until you think you can "do well" on Uworld. This will just lead to postponing use of the best resource you have for board study. It doesn't matter if you're getting 25% on your first Uworld sets. As you keep going through it, and concurrently study other resources like FA, you'll see your averages rise.

Reactions: 3 users

Last edited:
depends how you use the qbank, i used it primarily as a learning tool and had like a 77 % avg doing probably 3/4 of the q bank or a little more and ended up over 700 on the real deal

UWorld is by far the best thing you can use to prepare for the COMLEX in my opinion... if you can do well on the USMLE and you're okay with the OMM in savarese you''ll be fine

Somebody please provide me with feedback. I am taking my COMLEX Step 1 in 10 days but this is where I stand in terms of my COMBANK performance. Pretty devastating to say the least. I cannot extend my date further cuz I have to report for my rotations the week after .
upload_2015-8-7_23-35-35.png

Somebody please provide me with feedback. I am taking my COMLEX Step 1 in 10 days but this is where I stand in terms of my COMBANK performance. Pretty devastating to say the least. I cannot extend my date further cuz I have to report for my rotations the week after . View attachment 194845

Comsae B predicted within 10 points for me 1 week out. Maybe try that to get an actual score if you haven't already.

Reactions: 1 user
Somebody please provide me with feedback. I am taking my COMLEX Step 1 in 10 days but this is where I stand in terms of my COMBANK performance. Pretty devastating to say the least. I cannot extend my date further cuz I have to report for my rotations the week after . View attachment 194845
I agree with the above advice to take a COMSAE if you want to evaluate yourself.

I took comsae A and B a few weeks ago. and Comsae C a few months ago. C was fine but A and B didn't go too well (365 and 363). Do you think I should take COMSAE A/B again ? Won't I remember the questions though ?