Countdown to Match Day 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
peyton-manning-broncos-jersey-18.jpg

I propose instead of envelopes we all get a fleeces with our match's logo on it

Members don't see this ad.

loved the you are eligible to SOAP email from the nrmp

I did not get that email. Should I freak out? When did that come out?

It doesn't come out til March 14. Its on the NRMP site and they emailed that they will email that on the 14th

It doesn't come out til March 14. Its on the NRMP site and they emailed that they will email that on the 14th

How come I did not get the email that they will email that? Should I be worried now? Where is it on the site exactly?

This email.... the Heart stopper

Dear Main Residency Match Applicant:

This email contains important information about Match Week and the Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program® (SOAP®).

Please review the Match Week and SOAP Schedule attached to this email. At 12:00 p.m. eastern time on Monday, March 17th, applicants can log in to the Registration, Ranking, and Results® (R3®) system to learn whether they obtained positions when the matching algorithm was processed. Applicants who are unmatched or partially matched and SOAP-eligible can access the List of Unfilled Programs. Please note that on Friday, March 14th, ALL applicants will be notified by email of their SOAP eligibility status. This email is NOT an indication of your match statusand should not be interpreted to mean you did or did not obtain a position when the matching algorithm was processed. It is meant ONLY to notify you of your ability to participate in SOAPshould you learn on Monday, the 17th, that you are unmatched.

The Match Week schedule and information about SOAP also can be found on our public website.

We are pleased to announce the availability of an online tutorial about SOAP that includes policy information, step-by-step instructions, and graphics from the R3 system. Please allow a few moments for the tutorial to load. There also is a SOAP User Guide within the Help section of the R3 system. Please take a few minutes to watch the tutorial and review the User Guide so that you are prepared for Match Week activities.

The NRMP and ERAS are hosting a joint Twitter chat about SOAP on Thursday, March 13th, from 2-3 p.m. eastern time. We hope you will participate and follow the chat by using #ERASandNRMP. And remember, you can always find the NRMP on Twitter @TheNRMP.

If you need assistance, please contact the NRMP Help Desk between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM eastern time at 202-400-2233, toll-free at 1-866-653-NRMP (6767), or by email at[email protected].

Our best wishes for a successful Match!

This email.... the Heart stopper

Dear Main Residency Match Applicant:

This email contains important information about Match Week and the Supplemental Offer and Acceptance Program® (SOAP®).

Please review the Match Week and SOAP Schedule attached to this email. At 12:00 p.m. eastern time on Monday, March 17th, applicants can log in to the Registration, Ranking, and Results® (R3®) system to learn whether they obtained positions when the matching algorithm was processed. Applicants who are unmatched or partially matched and SOAP-eligible can access the List of Unfilled Programs. Please note that on Friday, March 14th, ALL applicants will be notified by email of their SOAP eligibility status. This email is NOT an indication of your match statusand should not be interpreted to mean you did or did not obtain a position when the matching algorithm was processed. It is meant ONLY to notify you of your ability to participate in SOAPshould you learn on Monday, the 17th, that you are unmatched.

The Match Week schedule and information about SOAP also can be found on our public website.

We are pleased to announce the availability of an online tutorial about SOAP that includes policy information, step-by-step instructions, and graphics from the R3 system. Please allow a few moments for the tutorial to load. There also is a SOAP User Guide within the Help section of the R3 system. Please take a few minutes to watch the tutorial and review the User Guide so that you are prepared for Match Week activities.

The NRMP and ERAS are hosting a joint Twitter chat about SOAP on Thursday, March 13th, from 2-3 p.m. eastern time. We hope you will participate and follow the chat by using #ERASandNRMP. And remember, you can always find the NRMP on Twitter @TheNRMP.

If you need assistance, please contact the NRMP Help Desk between 8:30 AM and 5:30 PM eastern time at 202-400-2233, toll-free at 1-866-653-NRMP (6767), or by email at[email protected].

Our best wishes for a successful Match!

My point is that I did not get that email!! How could I not have gotten it?

maybe it is in your spam fodder? call them. this isn't something to be worried about imo...
as long as you have registered and payed the NRMP and certified the ranklist you are fine

maybe it is in your spam fodder? call them. this isn't something to be worried about imo...
as long as you have registered and payed the NRMP and certified the ranklist you are fine

I have definitely paid and I checked a few mins ago and it is certified, before the deadline. I got the email about the twitter chat on Feb. 11, but have not gotten this email. Was it sent today?

I watched the SOAP tutorial video. Preparing for doomsday. . .just in case.

I watched the SOAP tutorial video. Preparing for doomsday. . .just in case.

That's not so much my concern really, I'm just worried about why I did not get the email. I have gotten other emails, and got my email regarding my certification of the ROL. So super worried now about why I did not get this?

It is not much of my concern you didn't get this email.

Last edited:
If you didn't get the email you are most likely not participating in the match, no matter what your ROL said. You need to take care of this ASAP because otherwise you are not even in the SOAP.

jk. you are fine. stop reading into things.

Seriously, this isn't even the SOAP email. This is an email saying you will get that SOAP email.

Bit excessive though since med students already freak at the March 14th one, they don't need another excuse to go crazy (see above).

Idk if I didn't get an email that everyone else got I would be a little worried too. Although I do agree that it probably doesn't mean anything.

If you didn't get the email you are most likely not participating in the match, no matter what your ROL said. You need to take care of this ASAP because otherwise you are not even in the SOAP.

jk. you are fine. stop reading into things.

I actually freaked out big time over this yesterday. I even emailed NRMP to ask. I could not sleep and was walking around my house and decided to check my mail at like 3am, and saw the email. I guess it came super duper late! I feel a lot better now.

I actually freaked out big time over this yesterday. I even emailed NRMP to ask. I could not sleep and was walking around my house and decided to check my mail at like 3am, and saw the email. I guess it came super duper late! I feel a lot better now.

Oh man sorry! Now i feel like a huge jerk for having a little fun. I think it was said on here before in another thread..those mass nrmp emails mean little. I got only 1 before rol went in while my class mates got several. Just calm down.

Oh man sorry! Now i feel like a huge jerk for having a little fun. I think it was said on here before in another thread..those mass nrmp emails mean little. I got only 1 before rol went in while my class mates got several. Just calm down.

That's ok.

Thirteen2003Poster.jpg

Like the tittle says "thirteen. it's happenning so fast!!!"

Not too much longer, guys...

im sorry too. didnt know posting that would cause people so much stress

Ummm...the countdown is off by one day. Match Day is in 10 days, not 9. Somebody made the mistake and it keeps getting repeated...just sayin'

Reactions: 3 users
My countdown says 9 days, 17 hours, 42 minutes. So techinically it is 9 full days until the countdown changes to hours.

My countdown says 9 days, 17 hours, 42 minutes. So techinically it is 9 full days until the countdown changes to hours.

On the day before Match Day (Thursday, March 20), your reading, no matter what time of day you post it, will be 0 days, and that will be quite inaccurate - if for instance someone posts 0 days in the AM, that is off by more than 24 hours.

If you want to post an actual countdown clock with days, hours, and minutes, be my guest. Until then, stick to whole days, and in whole days we still have 10 to go, and that will be accurate right up through 11:59:59 PM tonight. At the stroke of midnight tonight, it will be 9 days.

Nine_and_three_quarters.jpg

Let's get serious, guys.

Reactions: 11 users
I want to match at Hogwarts, for sure.

Reactions: 1 users
On the day before Match Day (Thursday, March 20), your reading, no matter what time of day you post it, will be 0 days, and that will be quite inaccurate - if for instance someone posts 0 days in the AM, that is off by more than 24 hours.

If you want to post an actual countdown clock with days, hours, and minutes, be my guest. Until then, stick to whole days, and in whole days we still have 10 to go, and that will be accurate right up through 11:59:59 PM tonight. At the stroke of midnight tonight, it will be 9 days.
Posting 0 days once is still more accurate than being wrong every day. Plus all you have to do is post 24 hours once we get to 12:00PM ET on Thursday, March 20th.

Y'all need to chill. Match day is next Friday. All I know is it showed up on my 10 day weather forecast today.

Posting 0 days once is still more accurate than being wrong every day. Plus all you have to do is post 24 hours once we get to 12:00PM ET on Thursday, March 20th.

Last I checked, 24 hours = one day, not zero days...

Whoever started this countdown screwed it up from the gitgo - I haven't looked back, but if it was you, own it.

Edit: So I checked, and you did start the thread. Just admit you miscounted the days, and save the 8 ball post until 8 days before the Match, and that would be tomorrow...

My god. Everyone on this forum spends so much time arguing about the most inane things. The amount of pointless arguing I scroll through everyday is infuriating. Who cares?

Last I checked, 24 hours = one day, not zero days...

Whoever started this countdown screwed it up from the gitgo - I haven't looked back, but if it was you, own it.

Edit: So I checked, and you did start the thread. Just admit you miscounted the days, and save the 8 ball post until 8 days before the Match, and that would be tomorrow...
Your username is fitting. Chill out.

ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS SO FUN

Reactions: 4 users