Countdown to Match Day 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Your username is fitting. Chill out.

ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS SO FUN

I can't wait until next Wednesday when the thread starter posts "1 DAY to MATCH DAY" - if he doesn't realize then how he has been off a full day since starting the thread, he never will...go back and look at recent years - they did it correctly.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I can't wait until next Wednesday when the thread starter posts "1 DAY to MATCH DAY" - if he doesn't realize then how he has been off a full day since starting the thread, he never will...go back and look at recent years - they did it correctly.

Maybe someone can post another day 8 picture tomorrow. Then the problem will be solved.

Maybe someone can post another day 8 picture tomorrow. Then the problem will be solved.

I'm just having some fun here, but I suggested that. Pretty simple solution.

Just really odd to me - seems obvious to all but about 2 people here...oh well. I don't need this thread to countdown to match day - I know exactly when it is, and how many days away it is, too.

All I was saying is that I find it humorous how big of a deal this is to you. Who cares what random ass number people are posting in a thread.

Cards-7-Heart.svg

Reactions: 2 users
Last I checked, 24 hours = one day, not zero days...

Whoever started this countdown screwed it up from the gitgo - I haven't looked back, but if it was you, own it.

Edit: So I checked, and you did start the thread. Just admit you miscounted the days, and save the 8 ball post until 8 days before the Match, and that would be tomorrow...
I don't need to own up to anything. As I put in the first post, there were 19 days and an X amount of hours. That countdown hasn't changed, regardless of whether you like it or not.

Anybody who's been following this thread realizes the system we've been using, if you don't like it you can go elsewhere.

All I was saying is that I find it humorous how big of a deal this is to you. Who cares what random ass number people are posting in a thread.

Cards-7-Heart.svg
Agreed. I don't myself count until Friday, but rather until Monday. So to me, there are only 4-5 days left. No one should get upset about how different people count this.

I'm just having some fun here, but I suggested that. Pretty simple solution.

Just really odd to me - seems obvious to all but about 2 people here...oh well. I don't need this thread to countdown to match day - I know exactly when it is, and how many days away it is, too.

3qfl2w.jpg

Nobody appears to care as much as you do. This is all just a way to wind down and ignore how many days it actually is until the match. It's 8 (or 9) days too many, anyway.:diebanana:

The countdown: Time of posting: Wed, March12th, 2014, 9 pm EST
  • 745,200 seconds LEFT
  • 12,420 minutes LEFT
  • 207 hours LEFT
  • 8 days, 15 hours LEFT

Your username is fitting. Chill out.

ARGUING ON THE INTERNET IS SO FUN

You should check out the "Match week and rotations" thread. great arguing on there!

Reactions: 1 users
The countdown: Time of posting: Thursday, March13th, 2014, 12 pm EST
  • 691,200 seconds LEFT
  • 11,520 minutes LEFT
  • 192 hours LEFT
  • 8 days, 0 hours, 0 minutes and 0 seconds LEFT

And for us people matching into competitive specialties...

f710.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
I'm gonna go get some fish and chips, grab a few beers and enjoy this lucky Match Monday. It is going to be a long wait until Friday. Congrats to all who matched!

such an exciting time... anyone in maryland this weekend going to the concert to celebrate?

Just to underscore the above:

image.jpg

Of course, for many of you it's really -1. :)

Reactions: 2 users
image.jpg
Actually is 26.75; but who's counting!

I have been lurking here thinking that the countdowns would become more accurate once we got closer (and especially within these last 24 hours). No such luck, apparently! :)

well some people's countdowns are at ZERO with the glitch and all...lol