Countdown to Match Day 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
tritle%20hathaway%2014%20hours%20fourteen.jpg

LOL, yeah I need to get "some" sleep, but this particular match is really, really important to me. Switching specialities and floored that I actually matched!
That's awesome congratulations! What did you end up matching into? Need for sleep is relative lol, also a good start for residency prep

Should we expect a phone call by the PD? If so is it before or after we receive the email?

Also, do they normally fax or email the contract to sign? Will all of this happen today?

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!

Should we expect a phone call by the PD? If so is it before or after we receive the email?

Also, do they normally fax or email the contract to sign? Will all of this happen today?

I'm so excited!!!!!!!!

They may or may not call you, it all depends on the program. They shouldn't and aren't supposed to call you before 1pm, mainly since some folks are in the middle of their match ceremonies and haven't opened their match envelopes yet.

They may send you a PDF contract to sign today, or maybe in a few days or weeks. It can vary. Since I matched in a previous year, I can say they sent it to me via email within a couple days. I'm sure they could fax it if you really needed it that way. Most people do email nowadays.

Don't worry, you're in the match and your position is secured. You'll get all the info from your program soon. Just enjoy the day if you have a match ceremony, or look at your email (or alternatively log into the R3 system) and enjoy your match! For me, I'm crazy nervous! LOL :yawn:

Last edited:
Thanks a million! Although the big day for me was Monday, today is certainly the cherry on the cake : ) I can't wait.

Reactions: 1 user
Do schools start their Match Day earlier than the Nrmp email?

Because those at match day ceremonies get to open their envelopes at noon. I think the rest of us should get our results at 12:05 :)

Reactions: 1 user
5 mins remaining because they release at 1255 est not 1