Countdown to Match Day 2015!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If the score isn't released yet, you think any hope? Seems odd that you could have a good chance in the match without a step 2 score but no chance in the SOAP.

There's a few reasons for this.
1) You have a failed step 2 on your record so programs do want to see a passing score; there's a difference between having NO step 2 score and a failing step 2 score. I wouldn't say you have a good chance with a failure.
2) Some programs do require a passed step 2 for ranking
3) You need to pass it to start residency and time is running out

Members don't see this ad.

IS it only me who got Email yesterday at 11:55am?? (Seems a lot got in at 11:57am)

Guys if u got in at 11:55am throw in a word here so I am relieved

chill dude- I got it at 11:55 as well

Reactions: 1 user
counter.gif

Guys. Down to 5 days and 15 hours. Whaat?!?!

Can't. Wait.

What email from ERAS are people referencing from last week? I only got the NRMP soap-eligible email. Not that this makes much of a difference, im sure...

What email from ERAS are people referencing from last week? I only got the NRMP soap-eligible email. Not that this makes much of a difference, im sure...

ERAS sent one explaining how SOAP application submission works. I would check your spam folder.

Just working my way through house of cards over here. Brilliant! Really impressed with these NetFlix Originals!
I just started it a couple days ago. It was ****ing awesome! I already watched orange is the new black, dunno why it took me so long to jump into house of cards. binging it all day today.

If the score isn't released yet, you think any hope? Seems odd that you could have a good chance in the match without a step 2 score but no chance in the SOAP.
I think you should be fine, but did you fail CS or CK? If you failed CS you are screwed at this point. If you failed CK and get your score back ASAP you might be able to retake and get a pass before starting residency.

Only the best game with an epic ending. Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Still my favorite game to date.

Good luck guys! Am a U.S. IMG. End up doing around 20 IVs between two specialties (balance of competitive and noncompetitive programs). Hoping to match anywhere!

Only the best game with an epic ending. Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Still my favorite game to date.
City of Heroes will probably always be my favorite but it was closed a few years ago. Sad panda. :(

I do love SWTOR, though. So much awesome roleplay options courtesy of Bioware and I love the full voice acting.

I'm so scared! but happy that it's so close so I can finally get on with the rest of my life.

It all feels so surreal. Freaking out....but irrationally calm. The weather is just too perfect for me to be nervous!

I'm so nervous for tomorrow.... I might restart a gameplay of Fallout....
The important question is which one? Big difference there. If you pick 1, 2, or NV you're heading west on Friday. Otherwise say hello to eastern seaboard on the 20th.

I often puzzled by your posts.... Sorry if this post is sarcasm that is escaping me but couple questions:

1. Is there a match for dental fellowships?!
2. Do you actually play COD?

Yes and yes. I have a 21 year old little brother, he's away in undergrad so he taught me how to play a bunch of stuff so we play when he's not around. Heh. Besides COD my other fave is halo. And assassins creed. Titanfall is meh

Assassins Creed ftw! Those games are the shiz

I used to be so much more nervous, stressed and incredibly anxious.... but now that it's actually close enough to smell it, I am a lot more calm. Can't wait though!

wait so you play current COD's? AW?

Yes, how else do you think I'm distracting myself from not thinking about tomorrow?

So far I have played COD, gone to spin class, made tomatillo salsa(it was weird), bought new makeup, and now I'm going to try to poach an egg without ****ing it up.

Yes, how else do you think I'm distracting myself from not thinking about tomorrow?

So far I have played COD, gone to spin class, made tomatillo salsa(it was weird), bought new makeup, and now I'm going to try to poach an egg without ****ing it up.
intriguing.... what game type do you play?

Wow, talk about productive!

Assassins Creed ftw! Those games are the shiz
I love the AC games. I'm just aggravated at their apparent aversion to making a female lead character in a big console game. I got about halfway through Unity before my interviews got really hectic and I stopped. I haven't picked it back up yet but I'm going to before residency starts.

Reactions: 2 users
I love the AC games. I'm just aggravated at their apparent aversion to making a female lead character in a big console game. I got about halfway through Unity before my interviews got really hectic and I stopped. I haven't picked it back up yet but I'm going to before residency starts.
I didn't really get all the hate that one got. Critics can be so critical sometimes! Haven't finished it though.

Too nervous to cook- Chinese take out it is!

Reactions: 1 users
I remember this feeling 3 years ago. Even with more than enough interviews, applying to a notably competitive specialty had me nervously sitting by my computer that Monday. Noon came and went, and I was getting a bit nervous. At precisely 12:03, the email arrived in my inbox, notifying me that I matched.

The first thing that popped into my head was "well f*ck, of course I matched, what's wrong with me that I even doubted it?" Then I went out and had a few beers with my classmates.

Four days later I found out I matched into my #1 TY and #1 Derm spot. Looking back, that was an amazing week.

Reactions: 3 users
I remember this feeling 3 years ago. Even with more than enough interviews, applying to a notably competitive specialty had me nervously sitting by my computer that Monday. Noon came and went, and I was getting a bit nervous. At precisely 12:03, the email arrived in my inbox, notifying me that I matched.

The first thing that popped into my head was "well f*ck, of course I matched, what's wrong with me that I even doubted it?" Then I went out and had a few beers with my classmates.

Four days later I found out I matched into my #1 TY and #1 Derm spot. Looking back, that was an amazing week.
dude, myself and I am sure most of the people in this thread feel the same exact way right now. I can't wait to get the next 12.5 hours over with. I hope, once I get my email tomorrow, I can look back in retrospect and say to myself "I shouldn't have doubted myself".

Reactions: 2 users
12 hours to go for that email! You guys are so right no matter how confident you are during interview season this wait is a bit nerve wracking. Good luck this week guys !

My brain has put a mental block on any match related thoughts up untill tonight... So nervous.. I think i m gonna be a mess tomorrow.. Match or no match i ll just accept itnd try to be happy.. Hopefully 12 interviews one of them will take me.

Under the 12 hour bar for finding out "if." Fingernails are gone...