Couples Matching for FM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

westsidestoryz

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
My wife and I will want to match FM next year and had a couple of questions.

We are both 3rd years and did not take Step 1 and plan on NOT taking Step 2.

She has 479 and I have a 491 for Comlex. Our grades are pretty average and she has published once and I have no research experience. Hoping we both go over 500s for Comlex Level 2.

1. How many auditions/away should we do and should we both do it at the same place?
2. How many ranking lists should we make?
3. Any advice on how to move forward so that we can match in close vicinity?

We are not looking for anything academic or top-tier programs. Looking for a community-based program in a small to medium town and away from large cities (Looking into Arizona, Idaho, Colorado, Montana, and Sacramento, CA)

Members don't see this ad.

When one of you guys get an interview make sure to reach out to the PD about the other person. Do it as soon as one person gets the interview. This has worked really well for my SO and I.

Reactions: 1 user
As stated above, if one of you gets an interview invite to a program, reach out to that program about also inviting your significant spouse. In light of that, it might be advantageous for you to do away rotations at separate programs to maximize likely invites. At least from my experience of friends who couples matched in separate specialties, if a program likes one candidate, they are likely to reach out to the other about accepting both.