CPJE Exam scores not released until August!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

brasilia01

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Why is California so screwed up? Now the California BOP is doing an exam review as of April 1st and will not release any CPJE scores until August! Do these people live in the real world?? I have student loans to pay off and can't go without work. I can't believe that it takes over 6 months to get licensed in this state. This is so ridiculous!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I took the exam on Sept. 19th and I havestill not recieved my CPJE results. A girl I know took it 6 days ago on the 30th and she recieved her grade today. I do not understand how this is possible and it's freaking me out. Anyone think there may be an explanation for this other than the obvious, that I failed?

Hello everyone,
I took my exam in the middle of Sept and my result finally arrived today. It was dated Oct 4th. It seems like the board is releasing the scores in batches and not all at once so goodluck to the rest who are still waiting. :)

I took the exam on Sept. 19th and I havestill not recieved my CPJE results. A girl I know took it 6 days ago on the 30th and she recieved her grade today. I do not understand how this is possible and it's freaking me out. Anyone think there may be an explanation for this other than the obvious, that I failed?

I highly doubt it. Did your mail arrive already? Maybe some pending at the post office so just wait until tomorrow. Goodluck! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)

omg i am in the same boat as you! I took it on sep 17th and still no answer...maybe because i had to change my address that it's taking longer? i feel so anxious....

I took mine in mid Sep and still havent received anything yet :(. A classmate of mine took it a day after me and she got her today.

i took mine on 9/24 and i just got my results yesterday. my friend took her's oct 1 and got her's before i did. anyways, i passed with an 81! im so excited. good luck to everyone else. don't worry everything will turn out okay in the end!!

I passed too! :laugh:
Couldn't have done it without the RxPrep and Weissman's book.

I took mine on Sept 30th in Mich, and got my green letter post marked Oct 5th on Friday Oct 7th, I'm so glad this is over! I'll be selling all my study guides soon so stay posted.:)

for so-cal people that got the result on 9/29, did anybody got their license posted on the web??

I haven't see my # posted, neither has my check being cashed. A little worried now...

im in the same situation as you. sent everything in on 9/30 from sd and nothing yet. my check hasn't even been cashed either.. Hopefully soon..

You're not suppose to put classified ads in this section but for people who need study material, skip all the crap listed above and get the RXPrep book, much more concise and all you need. You ever hear of the term, information overload, that's what you will get by studying all that listed above.

I took mine on Sept 30th in Mich, and got my green letter post marked Oct 5th on Friday Oct 7th, I'm so glad this is over! I'll be selling all my study guides soon so stay posted.:)

Can you tell us what you used for the CPJE? I didn't pass the first time. Thank you so much for your advise!

Members don't see this ad :)
Can you tell us what you used for the CPJE? I didn't pass the first time. Thank you so much for your advise!

I think rxprep is all you really need for cpje and naplex. I also think that weissman's book is not that good, I just studied the lecture given by my work place and it is more than enough in terms of law for cpje. Just know all the dates really well and you are pretty much set. But I did check up more info using apha on chapters that does not cover much in rxprep. Chapters such as skin cream/oint, immunization, OTC stuff. I did much better in cpje compared to naplex. I actually thought that cpje questions were much more straightforward.... Wish u the best of luck in ur studies. :)

I was wondering if anyone who took CPJE on or after 10/03 has received the results?

Your response would be appreciated

Last edited:
I took the CPJE yesterday! Should have used RxPrep for my last review. I got only 2 - 3 questions from the Weissman book. A lot of questions on, what is the best course of action kind of questions with very similar answers. I think I didn't do well! :scared:

Anybody who took their CPJE in October get their results yet? Hopefully we all don't have to wait a whole month to know!

Took the CPJE last Friday, my green paper with the results came today; exactly one week.

Selling my study materials if anyone needs them, APha, Kaplan, Rxprep, Wiessman...pm me.

Last edited:
Received the letter on 10/28, finally 4 week long wait is over, did better than I thought. Thanks for all the support!

I took my CPJE on Wednesday 10-26-11. I don't think the board is suppose to be in QA at the moment, but not sure if that matters. I still got a paper at the end of the exam (at the exam place) that said 30 days... bla bla bla bla (u get the point). I am thinking the results may come out in 10 days for those who took it that week of October 25th thru the 28th: since the QA is suppose to be on hold at the moment. Then again..... it's California so what can I say.... I know.... I will use many dots --> ........ ....... ...... ... ... ... ...

I took my CPJE on Wednesday 10-26-11. I don't think the board is suppose to be in QA at the moment, but not sure if that matters. I still got a paper at the end of the exam (at the exam place) that said 30 days... bla bla bla bla (u get the point). I am thinking the results may come out in 10 days for those who took it that week of October 25th thru the 28th: since the QA is suppose to be on hold at the moment. Then again..... it's California so what can I say.... I know.... I will use many dots --> ........ ....... ...... ... ... ... ...
would you please tell me what the paper exactly says? i lost mine unfortunately, thanks!
I took mine on 10/31....

Last edited:
i took my test on 10/27 and still waiting :( my friend took it on the 22nd of october and got her results in one week...so i think for those who took it after 10/26 will have to wait 30 days....i just hope we all pass so we can stop stressing

i took my test on 10/27 and still waiting :( my friend took it on the 22nd of october and got her results in one week...so i think for those who took it after 10/26 will have to wait 30 days....i just hope we all pass so we can stop stressing

Is it also for NAPLEX??

BOP website:

Routine Release of Examination Results
The Board strives to release examination results received by PSI for the California
Pharmacist Jurisprudence Exam (CPJE) and the National Association of Boards of
Pharmacy (NABP) for the American Pharmacist Licensure Examination (NAPLEX) within
30 days from examination administration and will release them earlier when possible.

http://www.pharmacy.ca.gov/applicants/release_of_scores.pdf

I took the CPJE on 10/26. I emailed the CA Board of Pharmacy today regarding my status and they said:

"Processing time depends upon several factors thus making a time frame indefinite. Note, the CA Board of Pharmacy has not yet received your score."

I have been waiting for exactly 3 weeks now. So hopefully we'll get our results next week? :scared:

Today, 05:31 PM * #279
scott pilgrim
Status Pharmacy Student

You took yours on Oct 26? Have u got ur result? I'm asking cus I took mine on Nov 5.

From my dealing with the folks at CA BOP, they should either fire everyone, or hire more competent people there.

They seem to love to add as much red tape to the process as they can. Job security perhaps?

would you please tell me what the paper exactly says? i lost mine unfortunately, thanks!
I took mine on 10/31....

:thumbup: the paper reads at the very center top: State of California, then my picture appears at the very top, right hand corner. at the very top LEFT hand corner is my name and address. After that there is the test date and test center number, SS#, Birthdate, and name of exam taken: CPJE. then it reads as follows...

"This report certifies that today you have taken the CPJE.

The board will mail your exam results to you in approximately 30 days. Your exam results are confidential and will be provided only to you. they will be mailed to you only at the address on this letter.

Periodically, there may be a delay in sending your score due to the Board of Pharmacy performing a QA assessment to ensure the appropriateness of the CPJE. In order to ensure the thoroughness of this assessment, 400 individuals are needed for participation. Once 400 people have taken the CPJE during one of these periodic reviews, release of exam scores should resume as scheduled. Whenever the board initiates a QA assessment, the board posts this info on its Web site.

Comments regarding your testing experience are welcome at PSI or in writing to the California State Board of Pharmacy offices. You may reach us at ":

PSI
3210 East Tropicana
Las Vegas, NV 89121.
1-800-733-9267
www.psiexams.com

Board of Pharmacy
1625 North Market Blvd., Suite N219
Sacramento, CA 95834
1-916-574-7900
Fax: 916.571.8617

I have a feeling (since I didn't receive my letter in the mail this Saturday 11/19/11) that the letter will be in the mail this week. Keep in mind that this week is Thanksgiving though. It's possible it may not arrive until Friday, the day after Thanks giving which is BLACK FRIDAY LOL. not sure if this is a sign... I'm just guessing since I would imagine the State Board workers probably get Thanksgiving off?

I was informed by PSI that the CA Board does not work on Thanksgiving or Black Friday.

FYI: I called PSI and confirmed that my score was released on Oct 27. I took my test on Oct 26.

But when I emailed the CA Board a few days ago regarding my CPJE status, they said they haven't received my score yet? Yeah...sure...

Thanks for responding :) I'm just so dum di didly anxious. Checking the mailbox everyday for a green letter is driving me crazy! Good Luck and let me know when get yours.

There's a "QA suppose to be on hold at the moment"? How do you know? Just curious!

wow!!!! LOL!!! Like I said somewhere else, CA state board is keeping the flow of supply and demand smooth in Cali.. LOL!!!

i called today to board of pharmacy.they said they mailed out the results on monday.just hope for the best

I live in so cal :) I got my results today. I'm surprised it only took 3 days from Sacramento to San Diego. I am stress-free now!! Good luck to those waiting for results.

i did not find my result yet because of change of address.i dont know how my days it will take because of holidays.i m living in sacramento

Hello all,
I passed cpje with score 80,finally the battle is over.
Thank you every one in this forum for your valuable comments and suggestions.Got very useful comments and tips to clear up the cpje.Hooroooooooooooay,Hoooooooooooray, now i am Rph.I would like to say that Believe in God,he is my best fried forever and ever.Don't loss hope.:thumbup:
Hppy thankgibing .:love:

digi can you give us some tips on how to prepare for it? what type of questions might have thrown you off? Did the wiessman book help you prepare for the law questions?

Hi,I got l0-12 law questions.I used only weissman book and it's supplement for law..For clinical part, I read Rx preparation.I read it thrice.Questions were random. focus a little bit more on the latest issue of the Script. Some questions I had guessed. I thought the exam was not that much difficult .I got some sample questions from website.Not exactly same but similar.All generic and brand names,storage conditions—RT or Ref.,,,,iv dilutions,dosages,with food or without food stuff, Adverse effects etc.,sterilization(from APHA),etc..,

Keep in mind while studying to not get stuck on a section (chapter) in the book you use to study for too long. Set a timed schedule for what you plan to cover and follow it to the best you can. If you feel you need to review a section over again, do so as long as it doesnt hold your "planned schedule" back (set you back). Think positive and study like there is no tomorrow. Clear your mind and close your self off from the world. Don't let things distract you mentally. I found Rxprep useful, some students use APHA, other students refer to their CA pharmacy class notes. Overall, focus on things you would need to inform a patient for the sake of patient safety: Brand, generic, side effects, Black box warnings, storage, indications, etc etc etc.. top 200 community pharmacy and also medications used in hospital. Just use time wisely. Study beyond what is in a book, look things up on the internet sources that are reliable to look up drug information.:)

Just giving back to SDN and my CPJE post-thoughts.

You don't need to study like there is no tomorrow and you don't need to block the whole world off. Set a study plan & be serious about it & stick with a source such as RxPrep and the key is to know details well. I recommend RxPrep because it highlights most important details that is relevant to the practising pharmacist whereas APhA, in my opinion, doesn't do much of this.

Know your Top 200 drugs including frequency, dosing, patient consultation points/ what drugs should have certain auxiliary labellings, brand & generic, side effects, black box warnings, refrigerate or no refrigerate, with or without food, and common indications. As for the law, know the Weissman book well to cover your base but keep in mind, some law questions on the CPJE can be scenario base questions asking for your decision-making skill so therefore not every law question is covered in the Weissman book.

Be positive and confident in your ability that although the CPJE can be random in their questions and can be a relatively hard exam -- keep in mind that all in the end, there are 15 questions that DON'T COUNT and the majority of the exam is testing for minimal competency.

It is designed for a new entry-level pharmacist so a passing score is attainable! You can do it! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Know your Top 200 drugs including frequency, dosing, patient consultation points/ what drugs should have certain auxiliary labellings, brand & generic, side effects, black box warnings, refrigerate or no refrigerate, with or without food, and common indications. As for the law, know the Weissman book well to cover your base but keep in mind, some law questions on the CPJE can be scenario base questions asking for your decision-making skill so therefore not every law question is covered in the Weissman book.

Having taken the cpje twice, this post hits the nail on the head. You got to know your top 200 drugs down! I studied from the ebay pharmacy charts, rx prep, weissman. g'luck to those who are still studying! The CPJE is not easy but it is either you know or you do not. Focus on the right information and you will pass.

Ok just to be thorough:

#1) Were there any calculation based questions like powder volume, compounding,percentage w/v etc...?
#2) How much HIV/Oncology was there?

Any out-of-state pharmacists planning to take the CPJE? How long did it take you to get your ATT?