CSU/NEOMED POST BACC/ MED PROGRAM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NaijaDoc2020

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering if anyone else has applied to CSU/NEOMED's post bacc program for fall 2015?

Members don't see this ad.

Omg I thought I was the only one! And I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting. Do you know when decisions will be made?

Members don't see this ad :)
Omg I thought I was the only one! And I'm glad I'm not the only one waiting. Do you know when decisions will be made?
I hope soon, the wait is killing me! I'm thinking of calling the office if I don't hear back this week.

I know! I would love to know what they say after you call them. I tried emailing a few weeks back but no response.

Reactions: 1 user
I called Monday. They said they are meeting up this week to make a decision. Fingers cross we hear back from them soon!!

Reactions: 1 users
I applied as well! Thanks for calling. Let us know if either of you hear anything! I'm hoping early February?

I also applied for fall 2016. This wait is painful! Hopefully we all hear good news soon.

What have you guys heard about selection for this program?

Last edited:
I scared myself reading a thread from last year where a guy with a 4.0 GPA didn't get in.

Are you guys from Ohio or OOS? I think I read the same thread lol...I think they are looking at everything overall, especially the essays. I mean if they guy had a 4.0 GPA idk why he's applying to a post bacc program though

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you guys from Ohio or OOS? I think I read the same thread lol...I think they are looking at everything overall, especially the essays. I mean if they guy had a 4.0 GPA idk why he's applying to a post bacc program though
I'm from Ohio! Because of family and other reasons I kind of have to/want to stay in NE Ohio. This is the only program I'm interested in, so I'm really nervous!

I also applied for fall 2016. This wait is painful! Hopefully we all hear good news soon.
Such a long and painful wait! But last year the application wasn't due until January, interviews in March, found out in April, so I was hoping we would find out by now about an interview at least since our application was so much earlier.

I'm from OOS and I'm really nervous because there's such a small percentage of us. And I agree it's definitely the program I am most interested in.

Fingers crossed that we all get interviews!!

I'm from OOS and I'm really nervous because there's such a small percentage of us. And I agree it's definitely the program I am most interested in.
From reading other threads, seemed like there were a lot of OOS people who got interviews. Hope we all get interviews too!

I was looking at the incoming class profile:
http://www.neomed.edu/admissions/medicine/direct/COMM1ClassProfile201515thDay.pdf

And the GPA for the post-bacc students was so high! The average BCPM and overall GPAs were both higher than mine, which is stressful. I wonder if this was just calculated using the post-bacc classes or if it was calculated using all their previous classes as well.

I think that's using the post bacc classes..so it's like their gpas after post bacc once they are admitted to neomed

I think that's using the post bacc classes..so it's like their gpas after post bacc once they are admitted to neomed
Makes much more sense that way! I was thinking... why make the minimum GPA to apply 3.0 if the average is 3.9!!

I had put this application out of my mind and tried to stay busy, but now that I know that they're currently looking at our applications, I'm freaking out!

I had put this application out of my mind and tried to stay busy, but now that I know that they're currently looking at our applications, I'm freaking out!

I know what you mean!! I am constantly checking my email now

They said they received 125 applications this year, so I hope that means we all get our interviews!! Has anyone taken the MCAT yet?

I think I remember one of the threads saying they roughly interviewed that many people. I am actually taking it next week :dead:

I think I remember one of the threads saying they roughly interviewed that many people. I am actually taking it next week :dead:
They also said they are going to interview around 100 or so people. So this dramatically increases our odds. I wonder if it is advantages to have already taken the MCAT

They also said they are going to interview around 100 or so people. So this dramatically increases our odds. I wonder if it is advantages to have already taken the MCAT

I don't think there are any advantages to taking it already since it wasn't required but then again I could be wrong

Hi! I was wondering if anyone else has applied to CSU/NEOMED's post bacc program for fall 2015?
I did too! I am so glad you started this conversation because I been pretty nervous too! I am an in-state resident (have been for my whole life) and that truly is why I am interested in this program. But I hope we all get in to this program!!

They said they received 125 applications this year, so I hope that means we all get our interviews!! Has anyone taken the MCAT yet?
Oh my gosh! Only 125 this year. That improves our chances of getting an interview. Last year they had 200 or so. I wonder if it is because the application deadline was earlier this year. How did you find out?? And did they also tell you that there will be 100 interviews? Thanks so much for the update! I hope we all get in.

With regard to the MCAT, I was going to take it around now but...

Do I need to take the MCAT to enroll in the Post BACC/M.D.?
No, you do not take the MCAT for admission to the Post-Bacc/M.D. program. BUT, You will need an MCAT score to enter NEOMED’s College of Medicine. MCAT scores taken prior to beginning the program will not be accepted toward promotion.

Last edited:
It sucks that any MCAT taken before the program doesn't count towards promotion but I want to cover my bases because some programs that I am applying to require an MCAT score.

Oh my gosh! Only 125 this year. That improves our chances of getting an interview. Last year they had 200 or so. I wonder if it is because the application deadline was earlier this year. How did you find out?? And did they also tell you that there will be 100 interviews? Thanks so much for the update! I hope we all get in.
I found out out when I called. I ask how many applied and how many are interviewed. The change of deadline cought me off guard, I almost didn't make it!!

It sucks that any MCAT taken before the program doesn't count towards promotion but I want to cover my bases because some programs that I am applying to require an MCAT score.
Makes total sense! I don't know why it doesn't count towards promotion either. Good luck on the MCAT!

I found out out when I called. I ask how many applied and how many are interviewed. The change of deadline cought me off guard, I almost didn't make it!!
Right? Three months before last year! Did they happen to say when they would be sending out emails?

Right? Three months before last year! Did they happen to say when they would be sending out emails?
All they said was that they were discussing it this week. I'm thinking of calling again next week if don't hear anything.

All they said was that they were discussing it this week. I'm thinking of calling again next week if don't hear anything.
Makes sense. Yeah on NEOMED's website it said interviews in February (although CSU's says interview in February-March) so I would think that for a February interview we should know pretty soon!

Wow! I'm really surprised about the applicant/interview ratio for this cohort. I also didn't realize how many of their students come from the BS/MD track. Thank you for starting this thread, it's nice to go through this with others.

Wow! I'm really surprised about the applicant/interview ratio for this cohort. I also didn't realize how many of their students come from the BS/MD track. Thank you for starting this thread, it's nice to go through this with others.

Oh yes, the majority are BS/MD, but they're decreasing the BS/MD spots slightly. Right now it makes for a very young medical school class because most of them starting out are 20-21.

Safety in numbers!

I wonder if they let us know about interviews by e-mail or phone or letters! In the past I think it was e-mails, but they did send me a letter soon after I sent in all my material saying thanks for applying.

I wonder if they let us know about interviews by e-mail or phone or letters! In the past I think it was e-mails, but they did send me a letter soon after I sent in all my material saying thanks for applying.

Hmm maybe we should ask them on Tuesday. I was checking my mail all December because I thought that's when they were supposed to get back to us! Anyways at this point idc how they send it, I just want to be put out of this miserable wait. :/

Hmm maybe we should ask them on Tuesday. I was checking my mail all December because I thought that's when they were supposed to get back to us! Anyways at this point idc how they send it, I just want to be put out of this miserable wait. :/
I was going to call later this week if I didn't hear anything, but let me know if anyone calls earlier and finds out either when we will hear or how we will hear! Getting antsy.

I was going to call later this week if I didn't hear anything, but let me know if anyone calls earlier and finds out either when we will hear or how we will hear! Getting antsy.

Called twice today, no answer :/

Called twice today, no answer :/
I called and received no answer as well. So I called another department and ask to be transferred over to someone who can help me with the CSU-post bacc. Basically the man sayed they made their decision and sending out interview invited today via postal mail. If this is true, we will have our answers in 1-3 business days!! I really hope we all get a letter!

Thanks for asking for getting us an answer. This is so insanely nerve wracking--my hear dropped reading that. Hope we all get invites!

Thanks for asking for getting us an answer. This is so insanely nerve wracking--my hear dropped reading that. Hope we all get invites!
I'm glad I can help! It's going to be an agonizing wait ....

Omg thanks guys for calling! Now that I know it's coming through the mail I don't have to keep refreshing my email lol.

:bored:Oh wow. Just got REALLY nervous. Anxiously awaiting the snail mail! o_O

Good luck everyone! Let us know when you get the letter!

Reactions: 2 users