Cthulhu & Friends: A Lovecraftian Tale - 9th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Also - will mayor's superpower/item/whatever be announced after he is voted in? Or is it a secret?
If the mayor wants to share, they can. It’s usually announced to the mayor in their role pm!

Members don't see this ad.

:writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer:
Day 1 Mayor Vote Tally the One to Rule Them All

fluff (1) - pulley
moth (1) - moth
CaptNemo (1) - mayo
pxton (3) - gs38, mightyrunner7, matthirten13

6/23
vote closes at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central/7pm Pacific (~5 hours)
:writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 1 users
Considering everything, I do admire the bravery of voicing the first dissent amongst us sceptics, so they have my vote. We need someone not afraid to ask questions and to seek truth!

Vote pxton

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I have similar reasoning to plumpoppy. Voicing opinions early looks like we’ll have a fun game.
Vote pxton

I hope im not digging myself a hole by voicing opinions :1whistle:

Im Ready Lets Go GIF by StickerGiant
Despite currently being on aan eldritch horror-grade airport slog with @justafluff, this gif has fully bought my vote.

Vote pxton

Also hi everyone! I’m pretty noisy with only one full game under my belt, but also have lived with fluff going through ups and downs of a padawan’s worth of games, so hopefully some of that secondhand experience will be helpful!

• Care
I’m going to
vote zuriburi
I’ve played with him during his debut and he was extremely good at noticing subtle details and making solid arguments. I’ve seen him change everyone’s perspective and defending himself as a villager. He’d be a good mayor

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
:writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer:
Day 1 Mayor Vote Tally: the One to Rule Them All

fluff (1) - pulley
moth (1) - moth
CaptNemo (1) - mayo
pxton (3) - gs38, mightyrunner7, matthirten13

6/23
vote closes at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central/7pm Pacific (~5 hours)
:writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer::writer:
Gives AM 1 Dubzloon

• Love
I'm going to
vote pxton
They seem like they will make fun decisions

I’m going to
vote zuriburi
I’ve played with him during his debut and he was extremely good at noticing subtle details and making solid arguments. I’ve seen him change everyone’s perspective and defending himself as a villager. He’d be a good mayor
sounds sneaky
Think Which One GIF by Nick Jonas

Whelp, you've got my vote :rofl:
vote pxton
i got waitlisted from one (rest are rejections, waiting on two more) so thats literally me right now waiting to see if i get off the waitlist and or get rejected from the others too :hungover:

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
i got waitlisted from one (rest are rejections, waiting on two more) so thats literally me right now waiting to see if i get off the waitlist and or get rejected from the others too :hungover:
wait i thought the picture was a response

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope im not digging myself a hole by voicing opinions :1whistle:
Maybe you are? Maybe you are just a natural-born leader
Either way I'm sure it'll be interesting!

Vote pxton

• Haha
The gif got me on board, but that last bit really sealed it for me

vote pxton

The gif got me on board, but that last bit really sealed it for me

vote pxton
I had already made my decision but I feel solidified now, that's totally something I would have done lol

I wish i could hide my failure but deleting is against the rules
No prob! I took my pic off my signature because it would be kind of obnoxious having it in every response :p

• Haha
Day 1 Mayor Vote Tally: the One to Rule Them All

justafluff (1) - pulley
motheatenlysis (1) - motheatenlysis
CaptNemo (1) - mayo
pxton (9) - gs38, mightyrunner7, matthirten13, PlumPoppy, zuriburi, beepboopbop, HW_88, miranda920, futuredogtor614
zuriburi (1) - justafluff

13/22
Winning: @pxton

missing: more than a half dozen
vote closes at 10pm Eastern/9pm Central/7pm Pacific (~3.5 hours)

• Love
i should probably vote now

I dont want to vote for myself since that seems /A LITTLE/ unfair right now but i /AM/ in the lead...
Scared Futurama GIF

decisions oh decisions to make

I also found the random Nemo callout sort of weird...so I'll vote pxton for noting it first.

Vote pxton

Pxton has solid noob credentials, doesn't have a shadowy backer, and has been strongly engaged all day. They have my vote.

Vote Pxton
Strongly engaged could also be non-village trying to skirt by us. FWIW, I haven't been strongly engaged because I am having a DAY. But I am home now and I exercised, so there's that.

I honestly don't really think being Mayor would be all that fun. I just wanted to vote for myself to see if you could.

Why pxton?

• Hmm
I also found the random Nemo callout sort of weird...so I'll vote pxton for noting it first.

Vote pxton
There are roles that are paired, so they may be able to vouch for each other? But maybe they don't wanna out that.

Strongly engaged could also be non-village trying to skirt by us. FWIW, I haven't been strongly engaged because I am having a DAY. But I am home now and I exercised, so there's that.

I honestly don't really think being Mayor would be all that fun. I just wanted to vote for myself to see if you could.

Why pxton?
There are roles that are paired, so they may be able to vouch for each other? But maybe they don't wanna out that.
tbh I have FOMO

• Haha
tbh I have FOMO
hahahaha. Fair. #pxton. If you fall behind, I'll yeet myself and vote you <3

I'm also into hearing more about zuriburi...Fluff was a GR8 mayor in our n00b game of doom last year. And seems they are padawaning this game...do we think noticing little things is a good or bad thing? Or do they just tinfoil a lot?

I'm also into hearing more about zuriburi...Fluff was a GR8 mayor in our n00b game of doom last year. And seems they are padawaning this game...do we think noticing little things is a good or bad thing? Or do they just tinfoil a lot?
what does tinfoil mean?

nvm i didnt see it on the list

It wasn’t tinfoil, he caught another player liking things and joking about something he shouldn’t have known if he wasn’t caught up. They both ended up being villagers, but I think that kind of mindset helps.

disclosure: Zuriburi is also my partner irl and just wanted to support him in his 2nd game! Pxton has the majority so they don’t need another vote, but I’m in support for them being mayor too. Skepticism is good in WW.

Last edited:
Despite currently being on aan eldritch horror-grade airport slog with @justafluff, this gif has fully bought my vote.

Vote pxton

Also hi everyone! I’m pretty noisy with only one full game under my belt, but also have lived with fluff going through ups and downs of a padawan’s worth of games, so hopefully some of that secondhand experience will be helpful!
Oh whoops just realized this autocorrected nooby to noisy. I guess I’m both sometimes tho I might be a bit distracted with travel so Maybe less noisy than I would be typically

what does tinfoil mean?
It’s like convincing yourself that something is going on with the mechanics of the game that’s probably not true but a wild theory. Like “oh there is another faction in this game besides wolves because of so and so” when so and so aren’t really clues.

For the record, I built elaborate evidence-filled cases that went hard and I think were across the board 100% wrong. 🙃🙃🙃 I noticed lots of details, but they were the wrong details

• Haha
For the record, I built elaborate evidence-filled cases that went hard and I think were across the board 100% wrong. 🙃🙃🙃 I noticed lots of details, but they were the wrong details
can you share any of those details, im curious :bookworm:

Vote Pxton
I am quite enjoying this so far. Lots of intriguing things going on...

Also sorry for editing, I couldn't figure out bolding.

can you share any of those details, im curious :bookworm:
This was last summer so don’t remember too well... I remember being very certain that the way that truenamer joked about wolfing was too cringey a giveaway and it turned out it was just a joke about wolfing. I also tend to overread people pushing me as wolfy because I get annoyed when I feel like I’m explaining something clearly and they don’t get it.

Btw would y’all mind sharing your pronouns? It’ll be easier referring to you during the game. Mine are she/hers.

• Care