Cthulhu & Friends: A Lovecraftian Tale - 9th Annual Noob WW Game

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
  • Haha
  • Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
ok so I have a PM with kd and Dubz that I use for general screaming for games that I'm down as a sub for

I also use it during noob games if I need to, so I had quoted a few things from your role PM over into there so I could hyperventilate and then come back and calmly suggest you do something else :laugh:
Honesty is (often) the best policy. That being said, you come from a long line of fakeclaimers - myself included, tbh, though I haven't actually fakeclaimed for a while.

hides "best fakeclaim" gif from the 2021 aWWards

ANYWAY, lies can sometimes be helpful for catching wolves - I once used a lie to ultimately kill my now-husband who was then-wolfing, but I in general don't recommend lying, particularly about your ability if you have one. It's too easy for that to backfire, and remember that one of the most important things is that other villagers are able to find and trust you - which they won't if you lie and are caught in it.
We will slowly embrace the lies more and more
yep, this is definitely stoat's brother

Well it may appear here tomorrow 🪄

Good to know that there is that variation, I will adjust my story as I see fit until forced
Are you sure you're not in cahoots with a smol blue mustelid? :thinking::thinking::thinking:
My sister?

Also, life is about self empowerment 💪 I am the role I see myself as, the mods have no power here (don't tell the mods I said this :scared: )
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
ok so I have a PM with kd and Dubz that I use for general screaming for games that I'm down as a sub for

I also use it during noob games if I need to, so I had quoted a few things from your role PM over into there so I could hyperventilate and then come back and calmly suggest you do something else :laugh:
Look, if the village just followed like good little 🐑 , then I wouldn't have had to fake claim a role and threaten them all :shrug: it's that simple, it's THEIR fault

• Haha
  • Okay...
Reactions: 7 users

Soooo what you're saying is that you told him the real vig would shoot him for it, but you're still mad I shot him :unsure:
Look, if the village just followed like good little 🐑 , then I wouldn't have had to fake claim a role and threaten them all :shrug: it's that simple, it's THEIR fault
Considering that I completely flipped the script on the last day, I wasn't about to follow your fake claim. Esp when I was the role you were fake claiming :whistle:

• Haha
  • Care
  • Hmm
Me: so about fake claiming…
@Santygrass: don’t do it, not necessary
@Zenge142: can be useful but be wary of—
Me: WHATEVER, LETS GO. NOT ONLY WILL I FAKE CLAIM I’LL TOTALLY MAKE UP ROLE POWERS AND ITEMS TO GO WITH IT
My manator, probably:
Surprised Meme GIF
Nah. Let the fake claims fly!

• Care
  • Love
  • Angry
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just what is THAT supposed to mean?!
Tell me, does it count as a fakeclaim if you say that your ability's fail rate is a lot higher than it actually is, and you pretend that you don't have seer level information that someone is village? I'm just curious...

• Haha
  • Hmm
  • Love
Just what is THAT supposed to mean?!
Well, from my manatee PM
Viscernable said:
Sometimes you can think of a specific strategy that involves lying (eg. you’re in a PM with someone you suspect in a wolf so you pretend that you’re a wolf not in wolfchat to try to get them to fess up, instead of pushing them on thread like a normal person), but otherwise as a villager honesty is the best policy (but not everything needs to be brought up - always ask yourself first how much the information could help wolves vs village)

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Oh yeah, if anyone is wondering where the Cthulhu WW Mythos originated...click here for a glimpse of a young Dubz's descent into madness
Dear god why were you so wolfy BEFORE being converted (assuming the no kill night later was when you were converted)

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Dear god why were you so wolfy BEFORE being converted (assuming the no kill night later was when you were converted)
Yeah I was still village for most of the Cthulhu rambling and then I actually kind of....let it go a bit after I was converted :laugh:

IT MADE SENSE IN MY HEAD OKAY??!?!

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users