David Newman allegations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh hey. Nice to see you back.
When you yourself mentioned your narcissistic personality disorder, it all made sense.

Members don't see this ad.

When you yourself mentioned your narcissistic personality disorder, it all made sense.
Oh hey. Nice to see you back.
react.gif

Still?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
You're kinda doing the same thing there buddy lol...

Reactions: 1 users
Just recorded the February Annals podcast with Rory Spiegel.

We did our best! It might never be as good as the chemistry David and Ashley had, since that's a tough act to follow, but we'll get better with time if you give us a chance (I hope).

Will ask for feedback again once it's posted to iTunes.

Reactions: 5 users
Just recorded the February Annals podcast with Rory Spiegel.

We did our best! It might never be as good as the chemistry David and Ashley had, since that's a tough act to follow, but we'll get better with time if you give us a chance (I hope).

Will ask for feedback again once it's posted to iTunes.

With all due respect..

It's a little creepy to post and bump this abomination of a thread detailing the death of his career with your podcast recording information.......maybe decorum dictates that you start your own thread?

Last edited:
it is what it is. I respect Dave immensely, and hope for his eventual exoneration because this was all proven to be fictitious, but in the meantime, I know you will be a good steward of all that he started. Godspeed, sir.

I heard some incredibly reliable (but also totally hipaa protected) info on the case. While it doesn't guarantee all will be alright for Dr. Newman, it makes me infinitely more comfortable that he will turn out to be found nonguilty.

So that's some vaguely good news coming out of here.

Reactions: 4 users
I heard some incredibly reliable (but also totally hipaa protected) info on the case. While it doesn't guarantee all will be alright for Dr. Newman, it makes me infinitely more comfortable that he will turn out to be found nonguilty.

appreciate that insider info

Why doesn't Newman continue his own podcast? Innocent until proven guilty, right? Stand proud. Deny. Soldier on. If the charges are false then soldier on. Or maybe his lawyer is telling him to lay, low? I don't know.

Random thought. Of all the alleged sexual assault cases I saw in my years in the ER, a not so insignificant number of them were questionable, from the standpoint of the patient not knowing what happened, who did what, iffy timelines, etc. A lot of times the detectives would walk out of the room totally questioning whether there was any concrete evidence for the charges to go anywhere. What that means, I don't know. Just an observation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why doesn't Newman continue his own podcast? Innocent until proven guilty, right? Stand proud. Deny. Soldier on. If the charges are false then soldier on. Or maybe his lawyer is telling him to lay, low? I don't know.

Random thought. Of all the alleged sexual assault cases I saw in my years in the ER, a not so insignificant number of them were questionable, from the standpoint of the patient not knowing what happened, who did what, iffy timelines, etc. A lot of times the detectives would walk out of the room totally questioning whether there was any concrete evidence for the charges to go anywhere. What that means, I don't know. Just an observation.

I would have been very surprised if he had continued any of his podcast/website/etc efforts while this was going on. Whether he is innocent or guilty, preparing his defense and just dealing with all of this must take up all his time as well the physical and mental energy. I can't imagine him talking about how much unnecessary MRIs suck while his whole life hangs in the balance.

I would have been very surprised if he had continued any of his podcast/website/etc efforts while this was going on. Whether he is innocent or guilty, preparing his defense and just dealing with all of this must take up all his time as well the physical and mental energy. I can't imagine him talking about how much unnecessary MRIs suck while his whole life hangs in the balance.

Agreed. Proving innocence superseded anything else at this point. I can't imagine being in his shoes and volunteering 5 hours to discuss questionable literature.

I just had to examine a young female patient's you know what. I immediately remembered this thread and got a chaperone. I will certainly document that my exam was done with the chaperone and that the patient acknowledged and appreciated that (apparently she had been examined before without one). Be careful out there, people!

It doesn't even sound like he did a sensitive exam. Unless you always have a chaperone with you, you're at risk of wild accusations every time you go update the patient. Hell, even with a chaperone, they can even elope and claim you came into the room and did something inappropriate. That's the whole problem, you're whole career tanked over allegations regardless of the outcome...

I just had to examine a young female patient's you know what. I immediately remembered this thread and got a chaperone. I will certainly document that my exam was done with the chaperone and that the patient acknowledged and appreciated that (apparently she had been examined before without one). Be careful out there, people!

It took this thread to help you remember?

Lol.

Reactions: 2 users
Anyone knows what happened in court today? This is killing me.

That article says he is "no longer employed at Mt Sinai", so they fired him? Instead of suspending him pending the investigation.

Also love how they put that quote from his book at the end of the article "the healing power of the doctor-patient bond"...

Holy cow. So they have his DNA...

According to one of the first articles after the allegation was launched the NYPD said they would not make an arrest until after DNA evidence came back and they arrested him the next week..... I just noticed this was a civil suit, not the criminal suit so they can basically say whatever they want, need to wait for the criminal trial to get facts. Mt Sinai canning him is strange though.

Last edited:
You are just bound and determined to convict this guy, aren't you? From the get-go, you have assumed that everything said has been the gospel truth.

No

Dude, you can't just leave it at this...

Would seem there is a DNA match. That's just the word on the street. But since part of the case went down at my shop, all the attendings here heard the same thing from someone directly hooked into the case.

Obviously cannot confirm the veracity of it, but we've had advanced info that ended up being right on everything so far

Would seem there is a DNA match. That's just the word on the street. But since part of the case went down at my shop, all the attendings here heard the same thing from someone directly hooked into the case.

Obviously cannot confirm the veracity of it, but we've had advanced info that ended up being right on everything so far

My money is on crazy chick he cheated on his wife with (if she has DNA).

Reactions: 2 users
Doubtful. Pretty sure if you saw the name of some crazy chick you committed adultry with, you wouldn't be like: don't worry bros, I'll see this one on my own without any chaperone, np, np.

Doubtful. Pretty sure if you saw the name of some crazy chick you committed adultry with, you wouldn't be like: don't worry bros, I'll see this one on my own without any chaperone, np, np.

You're assuming there is a thread of truth to her story.

I tried quoting both (but failed on the iPad). This info was solid, but the DNA was grapevine. Which one wins? (This is straight up honest questioning.)

(I have none of the information, myself.)

I tried quoting both (but failed on the iPad). This info was solid, but the DNA was grapevine. Which one wins? (This is straight up honest questioning.)

(I have none of the information, myself.)

The first info is hipaa protected, but it has to do with elements of the patients physical exam that was discussed with an attending in a truly academic sense, but me saying here would not be purely academic. I didn't post a middle update where a source of DNA was discovered on clothing and not on the blanket or the skin where everyone is reporting it would be expected. (And which sort of undercuts the excitement I felt from the first post). This comes from the police having loose lips and I don't think it's hipaa protected. And now a higher up is telling us that this DNA is a match to his and is semen.

The only thing I can 100% confirm is the hipaa protected stuff that I can't actually spell out because I heard it in a hipaa loophole.

The first info is hipaa protected, but it has to do with elements of the patients physical exam that was discussed with an attending in a truly academic sense, but me saying here would not be purely academic. I didn't post a middle update where a source of DNA was discovered on clothing and not on the blanket or the skin where everyone is reporting it would be expected. (And which sort of undercuts the excitement I felt from the first post). This comes from the police having loose lips and I don't think it's hipaa protected. And now a higher up is telling us that this DNA is a match to his and is semen.

The only thing I can 100% confirm is the hipaa protected stuff that I can't actually spell out because I heard it in a hipaa loophole.
Roger that. Thanks for the intel.

Gullible. Listen. Nobody wants him to be guilty of this but this is fishy as hell.

So many people trying so hard to somehow make this right. Guess what? There is no way this is okay even if it was consensual sex which would be actually understandable but professionally reprehensible.

Let's just wait for the facts. I understand we want to protect him but don't come up with crazy stories to dismiss the accuser.

Hopefully it will turn out ok for him and his wife. I doubt it because at the very least he cheated if they do have a DNA match but hey that's better than assault.

Last edited:
unfortunately regardless of the outcome, career wise/reputation the damage is done. who knows what the "real story" is. maybe this was a set up, affair gone bad, fetish....who knows. another Monica Lewinsky? the story itself doesn't sound accurate. there's something missing. just hope he gets through it ok. keep your chin up and hang in there newman

Last edited:
Gullible. Listen. Nobody wants him to be guilty of this but this is fishy as hell.

So many people trying so hard to somehow make this right. Guess what? There is no way this is okay even if it was consensual sex which would be actually understandable but professionally reprehensible.

Let's just wait for the facts. I understand we want to protect him but don't come up with crazy stories to dismiss the accuser.

Hopefully it will turn out ok for him and his wife. I doubt it because at the very least he cheated if they do have a DNA match but hey that's better than assault.

We get it, already.

He has been formally indicted in criminal court. The DNA test results are a match. Those of you who thought that he couldn't possibly have done it and was slandered by a "crazy woman" ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

upload_2016-3-18_15-33-54.png

Attachments

• upload_2016-3-18_15-31-55.png
    upload_2016-3-18_15-31-55.png
    197.6 KB · Views: 153
so you created an account just to post that. I refer you to birdstrike's post above

He has been formally indicted in criminal court. The DNA test results are a match. Those of you who thought that he couldn't possibly have done it and was slandered by a "crazy woman" ought to be ashamed of yourselves.

View attachment 201437

Why should we have been ashamed of ourselves? With no information to go on (prior to the availability of the DNA evidence), all that is known about the guy is his reputation which was great. Do you usually automatically believe ALL accusations you hear without questioning prior to ANY evidence coming to light? If you do, you are the one that should be ashamed of yourself.

Reactions: 6 users
Why should we have been ashamed of ourselves? With no information to go on (prior to the availability of the DNA evidence), all that is known about the guy is his reputation which was great. Do you usually automatically believe ALL accusations you hear without questioning prior to ANY evidence coming to light? If you do, you are the one that should be ashamed of yourself.

Sure, Dr. Newman is still innocent until proven guilty, but the Manhattan DA would not pursue this case if they didn't think they had one.

My point is that the woman involved is also innocent until proven guilty of the crime of making a false accusation. Very few people extended the same courtesy and logic to her when this started.

Reactions: 3 users
For those who don't realize it, Talthybius is PlutoBoy.

Reactions: 4 users
Sure, Dr. Newman is still innocent until proven guilty, but the Manhattan DA would not pursue this case if they didn't think they had one.

My point is that the woman involved is also innocent until proven guilty of the crime of making a false accusation...
Um, no. The presumption of innocence is given to the party that would be punished if they are found guilty of the crime for which they are accused. If the Manhattan DA was pursuing charges against the accuser based on her statements than your assertation would be correct.

Reactions: 3 users
I will still afford Dr Newman the presumption of innocence until the trial is over.

I recently saw the ESPN 30 for 30 doc on the Duke case.
They had DNA evidence as well.
Too bad it was bogus and the DA had a hidden agenda.

Reactions: 6 users
Status
Not open for further replies.