Dental College of Georgia - Augusta University class of 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these the same emails you all received? Are they just telling me that in order to be complete I need to have all of that submitted? If so, then why was my school decision status changed?

They usually send that email after you send in your supplemental just to let you know they got it. Also, your school decision status usually changes once they receive your application and begin processing it. You wont be considered for an interview until all application material has been received and reviewed. If you are concerned about any of it just send them an email or call (I wouldn't suggest calling unless you don't get a response via email, sometimes it can be hard to get a hold of them during the application cycle) after you take your DAT and have it sent in. Hope that helps and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

They usually send that email after you send in your supplemental just to let you know they got it. Also, your school decision status usually changes once they receive your application and begin processing it. You wont be considered for an interview until all application material has been received and reviewed. If you are concerned about any of it just send them an email or call (I wouldn't suggest calling unless you don't get a response via email, sometimes it can be hard to get a hold of them during the application cycle) after you take your DAT and have it sent in. Hope that helps and good luck!

Thank you! :) I wasn't sure what was going on.
I'm not too concerned. I'm taking my DAT soon and would rather not bother them. haha

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome! Congrats. :)
Hope it goes horribly, joking. Good luck!

When is it scheduled for? By the way I forgot to ask, what is your pretty "average" amount of shadowing you mentioned?
Haha, thank you! And ~120 hours of shadowing, which is pretty average/below average for what DCG expects, since they tell us to shoot for 300 hours.

Hey guys! :) Did anyone send their unofficial scores? If so, did they email/Fax you back to let you know they received them?

Kira Dittfurth emailed me maybe 2 days after I faxed my unofficial scores to let me know she had them.

Reactions: 1 user
Got the invite yesterday. I'll be in Augusta September 11'th and 12'th.

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know how long the interview day ran last year? I'll be there for the 11th and 12th as well and am trying to plan my travel arrangements. I'd love to be able to fly out the night of the 12th but don't want to cut it too close (especially since it looks like I'll be flying out of Atlanta).

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have a link to the interview quesitons from previous cycles? Couldn't find them in the last thread.

If you have time and like sushi, go to Takosushi while you are in Augusta.

Also check out Whiskey Bar and Kitchen on Broad!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Thanks, I'll see about exploring a little bit while I'm there. I've been to Augusta a time or two in the past but didn't get to see too much of the town.

received an interview 18th and 19th!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anyone know how long the interview day ran last year? I'll be there for the 11th and 12th as well and am trying to plan my travel arrangements. I'd love to be able to fly out the night of the 12th but don't want to cut it too close (especially since it looks like I'll be flying out of Atlanta).
I just had my interview there this past Monday, and it lasted from 8am to about 4pm. The mandatory part of the day ends around 2pm and then afterwards you are free to shadow a dental student in the clinic, so you can leave really at anytime after that.

Has anyone changed their interview date?? I am outside the country and already had my ticket purchased before I knew I was getting invited to interview here . Changing the date of my plane ticket is a little expensive.! How likely is it to get the desired date?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Does anyone know how your chances are hurt by submitting later? I was waiting on a LOR. My application was received on Sept. 2nd and I'm waiting on the supplemental link. I'm so nervous it's so late!

Your chances of getting an interview are hurt because they will only interview a select number. I think they review and do invites once a week, so every week your application is reviewed the better chance you have. I know they will review and send out invites the entire month of September.

Your chances of getting an interview are hurt because they will only interview a select number. I think they review and do invites once a week, so every week your application is reviewed the better chance you have. I know they will review and send out invites the entire month of September.

Thanks! Hopefully, I'll still get one...

What's everyone, but specifically men, wearing to the dinner the night before the interviews? I really don't know what to wear, I'm thinking suit and tie is probably overkill but Larry the Cable guy shirt is instant reject list.

What's everyone, but specifically men, wearing to the dinner the night before the interviews? I really don't know what to wear, I'm thinking suit and tie is probably overkill but Larry the Cable guy shirt is instant reject list.

It doesn't really matter, just don't look terrible. I'm a D1 now and I wore blue jeans and a polo. Some other people in my interview group dressed up more for the reception, but what really matters is being personable.

They said to dress casually for the pre-interview reception so you should be fine either way. But a suit and tie is probably unnecessary.

I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. I am OOS and turned in my AADSAS app early August, it was received and under review at DCG on August 29th. I'm really hoping to have a chance to complete the supplemental application, but I still have not heard back from Kira with an email allowing me to do so. Today is 2 weeks from the date that DCG received my application for review, should I be worried about getting the supplemental? I do not know the typical time frame for when DCG gets back to OOS applicants (whether 2 weeks is normal, or longer/shorter/random), if anyone knows from experience please let me know! Thank you in advance

To all those who received interviews:
Is the informal reception prior to the day of the actual interview mandatory?? I really prefer to stay only a day at the school due to tight schedule if possible....
I would appreciate your quick responses!

Is the informal reception prior to the day of the actual interview mandatory?? I really prefer to stay only a day at the school due to tight schedule if possible....

Even if it's not officially mandatory it's unofficially mandatory since the students are on the admissions committee

I've been a silent observer of this forum for about a year and thought I'd use my first post to announce that I got an interview with my number #1 school, DCG!

For those like myself who scour forums meticulously comparing stats:

School: Univ of Georgia
GPA:
BCP: 3.75 sGPA: 3.68 oGPA: 3.74
DAT:
AA: 22 (OC: 25, GC: 23 Bio: 23 RC: 22 QR: 18 TS: 24) PAT: 23
AADSAS submitted: 6/30
Supplemental Submitted: 7/29
Interview received: 9/10
Interview Date: 9/18-9/19

Good luck to all! And thanks to those who have been contributing to this forum for the past few months. You all are wonderful, supportive people and I hope to get the chance to know some of you.

P.S., If there's anyone out there scared to death that a case of academic dishonesty would destroy your chances of even getting an interview, there is hope! Just take full responsibility of your actions and explain how you have grown from it. I've received three interviews thus far.

Last edited:
I have a question I'm hoping someone can help me with. I am OOS and turned in my AADSAS app early August, it was received and under review at DCG on August 29th. I'm really hoping to have a chance to complete the supplemental application, but I still have not heard back from Kira with an email allowing me to do so. Today is 2 weeks from the date that DCG received my application for review, should I be worried about getting the supplemental? I do not know the typical time frame for when DCG gets back to OOS applicants (whether 2 weeks is normal, or longer/shorter/random), if anyone knows from experience please let me know! Thank you in advance

I'd have patience. There's a fine line between showing you're really interested in a school and bothering the admission faculty. All IS applicants get a supplemental pretty fast, but it can vary with out of state. I'd email her in the next week or two just saying something along the lines that you are still highly interested.

If you want to go to DCG, I'd show up.

DCG needs my transcripts, I'm not sure exactly who to list as the recipient. Where did yall send yours to make sure they get to the right person?

I honestly don't know, at the interview they said they needed them...

Ah, I see. Well I'm a little behind you in the process so hopefully someone else could shed some light on the matter. I don't see why they would need them separately after AADSAS processed them but thanks for bringing it up, I'll have to check on that myself.

For those who got interviews, how long after you sent in your supplemental application did you get invited to interview?

5 1/2 weeks. I think it largely depends on when you apply. I submitted at the tail end of the summer, but I had a buddy that submitted somewhere towards the end of June and got his in about 3 weeks.

When is it appropriate to panic? I know it's only September.:nailbiting:

When is it appropriate to panic? I know it's only September.:nailbiting:

Never. The road to becoming a dental professional is a long one regardless of the road you take. It's not uncommon to take a few cycles to get in. That said, it's still early. Last year's thread had people getting interviews in late October, even early November I think. Ever year, DCG gets inundated with more apps than the previous year and concurrently, it takes longer. At this point in the process, you just need to breathe and put your feet up somewhere. Have a brewski while you're at it.

Reactions: 1 users
How long did it take you guys to have your DAT scores processed? AADSAS notified me they sent my scores last Friday, but I called the school today, and they said they don't have the scores yet.

Never. The road to becoming a dental professional is a long one regardless of the road you take. It's not uncommon to take a few cycles to get in. That said, it's still early. Last year's thread had people getting interviews in late October, even early November I think. Ever year, DCG gets inundated with more apps than the previous year and concurrently, it takes longer. At this point in the process, you just need to breathe and put your feet up somewhere. Have a brewski while you're at it.

Easier said than done but I understand what you're saying. :)

DCG needs my transcripts, I'm not sure exactly who to list as the recipient. Where did yall send yours to make sure they get to the right person?

Ah, I see. Well I'm a little behind you in the process so hopefully someone else could shed some light on the matter. I don't see why they would need them separately after AADSAS processed them but thanks for bringing it up, I'll have to check on that myself.

If you go into aadsas and click on the supplemental information link for DCG, it tells you that the school requires final official transcripts sent to them outside of AADSAS and the mailing address should be in there as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.