dilemma, help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jc10101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took my oat:

QR 370 (95.4)
RC 280 (39.1)
BIO 330 (71.8)
GC 360 (93.0)
OC 400 (100)
PHY 320 (70.5)

TS 350 (87.6)
AA 340 (88.5)

so, i knew that rc was going to screw me over, it sucks bc i was getting 340-350s, and i just ran out of time and didn't allocate my time well. physics, im actually pysched about bc on my kaplan practice tests i only ever got over a 300 once, bio im kind of disappointed with, i was getting 360s on average, but there were a lot of questions on stuff i just hadn't covered.

my gpa is 3.15, im not sure about prereq gpa, but its so low bc i screwed up freshman year, and thats kept my gpa down, i have progressively improved though.

i was trying to look into the main schools i'm applying to (west coast: ucb, sccor) and check if they have a 300 cut off score on the oat but for some reason, i can't find them. do you know if its the average cut off, or a cut off for each section?

I don't think my score as a whole is competitive enough, especially with my gpa, so i was wondering what you guys think.

i'm debating taking it again and postponing my application to next summer, so i wont feel as rushed, or do you think ill have a good chance with these scores?

i'm not sure, but i will appreciate any feedback!

Members don't see this ad.

I graduated with a 3.1 and those were the scores I got on my OAT (AA and TS) and I was fine. Granted, I wasn't looking at the same schools you are. How is the rest of your application?

ive been working at an optometry office for 2 years, going on number three this fall. 2 berkeley alumni drs are writing me lors, one actually is a professor at cal opt.

i'm an ochem tutor, and i tutor underprivledged kids in an afterschool program as volunteer work.

and im apart of the preoptometry club as well as unite for sight.

im looking at other schools like midwestern, and western, as well, but ulimately i would like to stay in california at cal or scco.