DO and MD schools Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kmd11x

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received a C- in College Algebra and was wondering if College Algebra is considered a prerequisite course for Med School because I read on AACOM's website that grades of C not C- will only be verified. What does this mean? And do I need to retake College Algebra as I am only a freshman in college.

Members don't see this ad.

The is no DO school that has a math prerequisite, so no, there's no need to retake. As for MD, some have math prerequisites, but my understanding is that they typically ask for Statistics or Calculus courses. Since you're a freshman and have no idea of where to apply and what GPA you'll have, I suggest you don't concern yourself with retakes just yet. Apply yourself to succeed in subsequent courses.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, I just really slacked off my first semester and expect to get straight A's in the Spring. I was just wondering about my College Algebra course as I did receive that C-.