DO Waitlist Support Thread 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yourfutureDOcter

Reaction score
Starting this thread a little early, but it’s never too soon! We got this y’all ♥️

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Sitting on 2 WLs and waiting to hear from 2 schools, but I'm sure I'm just interviewing for WL spots if I'm lucky. Cant wait for this thread to pop off in May

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Been waiting for this thread. Sitting on one waitlist.
Seems like for quite a few schools waitlist movement will start in April, but most movement will happen in May/June. So no one start giving up hope yet, but as always I hope everyone who is stuck in waitlist purgatory has began preparing for the next cycle.

Hi all! just wanted to write in as a current med student. I was on 6 waitlists come june 2022. I know it is impossibly hard. I LIVED on SDN that summer. If I can make it off and succeed so can each of you. They interviewed you for a reason. You made it this far!!! the wait may be an awful purgatory but trust me, enjoy your life outside of this as much as you can. If you need any support/advice/ or to vent feel free to PM me.

Reactions: 8 users
I was given 2 acceptances to my backup schools and put a deposit down on 1 to hold my seat, I have been on the waitlist at PCOM and WesternU since January :/ WHATTA BUMMER. Really hoping for movement soon, it is so depressing knowing you are qualified and having to wait until after May 15th for movement. Reach out if you are on the waitlist for either or want to vent/ grovel me with me haha

Just got a post-II R at my fourth II. Sitting on 3 WLs and no As so far and growing more insane every day. 🥲

Hi all! just wanted to write in as a current med student. I was on 6 waitlists come june 2022. I know it is impossibly hard. I LIVED on SDN that summer. If I can make it off and succeed so can each of you. They interviewed you for a reason. You made it this far!!! the wait may be an awful purgatory but trust me, enjoy your life outside of this as much as you can. If you need any support/advice/ or to vent feel free to PM me.
Just replying to myself really quick, but I went back and looked and I received my first A May 27th last cycle. Its excruciating to wait i know but dont lose hope :) Your time will come!!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Just replying to myself really quick, but I went back and looked and I received my first A May 27th last cycle. Its excruciating to wait i know but dont lose hope :) Your time will come!!
Needed to see this💫 thank you for sharing♥️

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Hi all, I am currently on 2 waitlists, 1 of which is to my top choice, with no A’s. I am a few years out of college and currently work as a scribe at an ophthalmology office. I have worked closely with most of the doctors, including one that it was just the 2 of us seeing 50+ patients daily for about 6 weeks while I waited and trained a partner. I did not have him originally write me a letter of recommendation. Will matter if he writes and submits one for me now? Do schools review later letters of rec and could it help? Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all, I am currently on 2 waitlists, 1 of which is to my top choice, with no A’s. I am a few years out of college and currently work as a scribe at an ophthalmology office. I have worked closely with most of the doctors, including one that it was just the 2 of us seeing 50+ patients daily for about 6 weeks while I waited and trained a partner. I did not have him originally write me a letter of recommendation. Will matter if he writes and submits one for me now? Do schools review later letters of rec and could it help? Thanks
They probably do not accept later LOR's, as per told by admissions committee members at a few schools (can't remember which). It would be much better to send an LOI/update letter speaking on your activities since the interview.

They probably do not accept later LOR's, as per told by admissions committee members at a few schools (can't remember which). It would be much better to send an LOI/update letter speaking on your activities since the interview.
I sent a letter of intent because one interview was in November, and included my continued work experience

I sent a letter of intent because one interview was in November, and included my continued work experience
I’d recommend sending an update letter on your latest activities and anything new you may have been doing and reiterate your strong interest in their specific program. Try reaching out to admissions as well (via email or phone expressing your interest).

I’d recommend sending an update letter on your latest activities and anything new you may have been doing and reiterate your strong interest in their specific program. Try reaching out to admissions as well (via email or phone expressing your interest).
I would not call them to be frank, they're extremely busy during this time of the year and you may appear as a nuisance. Emailing a continued interest, especially after since November and providing an update letter through email would be much, much more in your favor. Best of luck to all!

I would not call them to be frank, they're extremely busy during this time of the year and you may appear as a nuisance. Emailing a continued interest, especially after since November and providing an update letter through email would be much, much more in your favor. Best of luck to all!
I’m going to push back on that. Depending on the school some are receptive to calls. It’s up to the applicants discretion if they want to call. Some schools (if not most) want to see your continued interested. So @ the applicant my response was directed to, it’s totally up to you.

I included that I have continued to work and a brief reminder of my duties in the letter of intent to show what I have been up to. Are you recommending sending another letter?

Last edited:
I included that I have continued to work and a brief reminder of my duties in the letter of intent to show what I have been up to. Are you recommending sending another letter?
Yes because you’ve been WL’ed for 4 months and I’m sure expressing continued interest to the school will help get you prioritized.

Yes because you’ve been WL’ed for 4 months and I’m sure expressing continued interest to the school will help get you prioritized.
I’m sorry, I’m just genuinely confused and trying to understand your reasoning. I sent the letter of intent last month. What does a letter of interest accomplish that the letter of intent did not? By saying that your school is my first choice, I’m expressing interest, right?

I’m sorry, I’m just genuinely confused and trying to understand your reasoning. I sent the letter of intent last month. What does a letter of interest accomplish that the letter of intent did not? By saying that your school is my first choice, I’m expressing interest, right?
Oh you sent one last month? Then do not send it again. I read it as you sent an update letter back in November only, my mistake.

This is now strictly a waiting game tragically.

Oh you sent one last month? Then do not send it again. I read it as you sent an update letter back in November only, my mistake.

This is now strictly a waiting game tragically.
Ok, sorry I should have clarified. I was just incredibly lost and not understanding why I needed another letter. Thank you for the advice!

Sitting on 2 WLs. Every other website is secondary to SDN at this point with how much I’m on here checking updates. 🤭

Reactions: 3 users
I was on 3 WLs at one point with 0 As. I was in my bag and thought it was all over. Just here to say that people arent lying when they say to be patient and that movement will happen. One random day I got a call that I got accepted off one of the waitlists. Be patient and stay hopeful :)

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
I was on 3 WLs at one point with 0 As. I was in my bag and thought it was all over. Just here to say that people arent lying when they say to be patient and that movement will happen. One random day I got a call that I got accepted off one of the waitlists. Be patient and stay hopeful :)
Manifesting that energy 🙏

WL movement can be expected anywhere after May 15 as that’s the traffic deadline!

One of the schools I’m waitlisted at started pulling from the WL, unfortunately I wasn’t so lucky. Anyone else dying on the inside lol💔
Praying for something soon!🤩

One of the schools I’m waitlisted at started pulling from the WL, unfortunately I wasn’t so lucky. Anyone else dying on the inside lol💔
Praying for something soon!🤩
Yes, I’ve been going through that for the last couple weeks. So ready to have an A somewhere!

Yes, I’ve been going through that for the last couple weeks. So ready to have an A somewhere!
I keep telling myself it’s not over until it’s over. There is still plentyyyy of time for WL movement. It’s just a nerve wrecking wait lol. Manifesting this A for us all soon!💘

• Care
Imma start worrying after May 15, I expect nothing before lol
I honestly wouldn't say May 15 should be the worrying point, that's just the point where waitlist movement should pick up for DO schools. Plenty of schools send out acceptances well into July so that's when I would start to worry.

I honestly wouldn't say May 15 should be the worrying point, that's just the point where waitlist movement should pick up for DO schools. Plenty of schools send out acceptances well into July so that's when I would start to worry.
100% agree!

Sitting on 2 WLs. Every other website is secondary to SDN at this point with how much I’m on here checking updates. 🤭
I promised myself that I would only check my email and SDN once I get off work so I can stop obssessing!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I GOT THE A!! I was WL at both of my schools and just got the call 😭😭😭😭

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
Sure feels disheartening to see the school you’re WL at is still sending out IIs even though AACOMAS states that the application cycle supposedly ends in April.

Reactions: 4 users
Sure feels disheartening to see the school you’re WL at is still sending out IIs even though AACOMAS states that the application cycle supposedly ends in April.
I feel that... it almost makes you question what's the point of the WL

• Care
May 15 is coming in soon guys, don't give up hope. Once that traffic guideline deadline hits, I expect a LOT of movement from all the DO schools as a whole. I know places like LMU-DCOM has quite a bit of WL movement for those wondering.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Checking in here also, alternate list (accepted pending seat) at WCUCOM but number 77 on the list as of last week. Hoping the 15th brings lots of movement, sent an LOI today

Checking in here also, alternate list (accepted pending seat) at WCUCOM but number 77 on the list as of last week. Hoping the 15th brings lots of movement, sent an LOI today
At least you know! I emailed my top choice and they told me they couldn’t give me anything not even a percentile range😫