DO Waitlist Support Thread 2022-2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats to all accepted future Drs!:clap: Manifesting and praying for an acceptance soon🙏✨

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted today as well! I still can’t believe it! This was my second cycle, and I took the MCAT 4x!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted today as well! I still can’t believe it! This was my second cycle, and I took the MCAT 4x!!!
I see you! Same boat, MCAT 4x but this was also my fourth cycle. Got the call last week

Reactions: 4 users
I am currently waitlisted at 4 schools and the wait is killing me!! I am debating starting to study for an MCAT retake for the next cycle. I don't want to wait just to find out I didn't get in and then having to hurry for the retake. I don't really know how the waitlist process works, just seems like a lot of waiting to me. none of the schools could give me a ranking or explain their system which was frustrating.

I am manifesting and praying for the A next week so that I don't waste too much summer studying if I am going to get in anyways.

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
I am currently waitlisted at 4 schools and the wait is killing me!! I am debating starting to study for an MCAT retake for the next cycle. I don't want to wait just to find out I didn't get in and then having to hurry for the retake. I don't really know how the waitlist process works, just seems like a lot of waiting to me. none of the schools could give me a ranking or explain their system which was frustrating.

I am manifesting and praying for the A next week so that I don't waste too much summer studying if I am going to get in anyways.
I would advise you to start studying! I know it's depressing -- I'm in the same boat but this is the only way we can have some sort of control of the next cycle if this doesn't work out.

I would advise you to start studying! I know it's depressing -- I'm in the same boat but this is the only way we can have some sort of control of the next cycle if this doesn't work out.
Have faith! I know it’s hard, especially if you see other people getting off. You got this far for a reason. Another thing you can do is reach out to see how to those waitlists and find out how to improve. Sometimes they will recommend things that don’t require an MCAT retake

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Manifesting an A off this alternate/accepted pending seat list from my school this week!

• Care
New week!

“I will be receiving an acceptance email from my waitlist school by the end of this week. Thank you 🙏 ☺️”

• Care
Hi! I was waitlisted at two DO schools and now accepted at both!

Stats: MCAT 1st attempt: 492, 2nd attempt: 499, GPA: sGPA: 2.99, cGPA:3.6
2 Fs, 9 C/C-s, 3 Ds, many Bs
ORM (Asian)
No Doctors in family, not upper class
7 publications, very extensive research, 1 year FTE research, strong extracurriculars, volunteering, and personal statement
1st time applying, applied very late in the cycle, so only applied to DO schools.

Just putting this out there for anyone who might be struggling, or for anyone with poor grades. This whole time I have seen that an F will ruin pretty much all my chances of getting in. I am not an URM, nor do I have any specific advantages to getting in like family or connections. Keep your head up and keep grinding! I was not very academically focused during my undergrad, but things like research and volunteering can always offset your application!
Congratulations !!! Where are you headed and which two schools did you get WL'd and Accepted at if you don't mind sharing?

Members don't see this ad :)
Asking for advice. I was waitlisted 3/3 and then sent a LOI about a month later. People that were waitlisted way after me were getting accepted so I'm just really anxious and want an answer soon. Should I send another email to the Director of Grad Admissions asking about waitlist? The school is NSUKPCOM btw.

Got accepted into BCOM, cant believe still.

• Love
Another day another manifest!

Manifesting an A off this alternate/accepted pending seat list from my top school this week!

• Care
Asking for advice. I was waitlisted 3/3 and then sent a LOI about a month later. People that were waitlisted way after me were getting accepted so I'm just really anxious and want an answer soon. Should I send another email to the Director of Grad Admissions asking about waitlist? The school is NSUKPCOM btw.
I’ve been in contact with my schools admissions office every month. It doesn’t hurt as long as they’re friendly.
I just asked how’s the waitlist coming along, has there been movement, where’s my placement, etc. I also reemphasized my extreme interest and will to commit.
But I also haven’t been taken off the WL yet so idk lol 🙈
I’m WL’ed at two schools but have only been doing this to the one I actually want to go to.
I’m just hoping that if I get my name out there enough, somehow someway it’ll work out on my favor..

I’ve been in contact with my schools admissions office every month. It doesn’t hurt as long as they’re friendly.
I just asked how’s the waitlist coming along, has there been movement, where’s my placement, etc. I also reemphasized my extreme interest and will to commit.
But I also haven’t been taken off the WL yet so idk lol 🙈
I’m WL’ed at two schools but have only been doing this to the one I actually want to go to.
I’m just hoping that if I get my name out there enough, somehow someway it’ll work out on my favor..
I think I will do the same thing. It would def be better to email the admissions office instead of emailing the director of admissions. Don't want to annoy them haha. I'm praying that we both get off the WL soon.

I think I will do the same thing. It would def be better to email the admissions office instead of emailing the director of admissions. Don't want to annoy them haha. I'm praying that we both get off the WL soon.
Lol I emailed the director of admissions and admissions coordinator😩😩 I never got a response from the admissions office surprisingly but the coordinator & director responded each time.
They also provided us with their email during the interview, so i was okay with being annoying lol…but if you have the email use it!
Praying for our success as well!🤞🏽We got this!💪🏽

Current third year but like to pop in from time to time because I was in your same position at one point. To those of you that are waiting, you've tried your hardest and gave them your best. It's just up to the med school gods now. Sometimes there is last minute wait list movement as life things come up or people accept different offers. If not, there will be another cycle. If you are committed to this goal it will eventually happen for you.

Good luck future Docs!

• Care
Lol I emailed the director of admissions and admissions coordinator😩😩 I never got a response from the admissions office surprisingly but the coordinator & director responded each time.
They also provided us with their email during the interview, so i was okay with being annoying lol…but if you have the email use it!
Praying for our success as well!🤞🏽We got this!💪🏽
Then f it, I'm gonna email the director of admissions haha. Thanks for the advice!

• Love
Another day another manifest:

I have decided that I will get off this alternate list at my top choice DO by this Friday! The universe and God has deemed it so!!

• Care
Another day another manifest:

I have decided that I will get off this alternate list at my top choice DO by this Friday! The universe and God has deemed it so!!
I GOT OFF!!!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 12 users
I got the A this week from NOORDA! So excited and praying everyone gets the email either this week or next!

• Love
Manifesting an A from my top choice today! Today will be my day! 🙏✨

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
I hope my A comes sometime soon, either that or I have to submit a request for extension in the Navy soon so I can keep my job while having to go through this process for another year. I really wish PCOM would start WL movement just so I know where I potentially stand.

• Care
Start of the new week means the acceptance is coming. I am manifesting getting off of the waitlist by this Friday!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
I am manifesting an acceptance off of the waitlist this week. Thanks for keeping the good vibes guys!

• Care
  • Love
Start of the new week means the acceptance is coming. I am manifesting getting off of the waitlist by this Friday!
Best wishes for this week to you and the rest of the crows still waiting for A's off WLs.

• Love
Manifesting an acceptance this week, final week to get my A before I need to submit my extension in the Navy. Feel like it’s going to happen!

• Care
Same here! Hoping to manifest!

I will be receiving an acceptance email from my waitlist school by the end of this week!

• Care
I am manifesting an acceptance off of the waitlist this week. 🤞

• Care