DRoP the WW sign ups and game thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
One "third party" and one wolf convert. Most likely.
kay. I would suppose then based off the surprise in my description it might point to convert.

Members don't see this ad.

I could also lynch WZ and Abney.... But I am just going off of everyone else's suspicions.

I might actually switch to Abney. Twice now she has played the "busy" card, and we all know how I feel about that.

Oh, I guess not male just tall from thread:

She barely noticed the tall shape step from the shadows, draw a dagger, and stab her fatally in the chest. The fire lizards stressed, flapped and keened at her distress as she fell to the ground, but nobody else heard - and the dark figure simply slunk out of the room and into the night.

My PM:

You were walking home, satisfied with your night's work. You look up to see a familiar face smiling at you. You knew them, and trusted them, so when they stabbed you in the side you weren't expecting it. You are dead :( .

Members don't see this ad :)
I am trying to come up with a reason that the person who rezzed Lupin wouldn't acknowledge it, and I am coming up with a pretty bleak list.

Anyone? I can't imagine they have another rez.....

Guess I heed to read more closely or something. I saw that she claimed a late-game role activation but I didn't see it was that. Why didn't she just say so? If it is a one-time thing, what is there to lose?
Omg I'm supposed to be trying to get outo of here.

I didn't announce it yesterday because I didn't want to due before I could use it! Don't be a dumb dumb

I could also lynch WZ and Abney.... But I am just going off of everyone else's suspicions.

I might actually switch to Abney. Twice now she has played the "busy" card, and we all know how I feel about that.
That's fine. But I also didn't want to not drop in until like 7 central and someone go "oh Abney doesn't check in that late that's sketchy durr durr durr"

Because I would say that about someone lol

Omg I'm supposed to be trying to get outo of here.

I didn't announce it yesterday because I didn't want to due before I could use it! Don't be a dumb dumb

I didn't say anything about announcing it BEFROE you did it. Don't be an idiot.

You have posted multiple times today - AFTER the rez. No reason not to have announced it then.

Switching my vote because a) there are suspicions about Abney, and b) by default that means suspicions about Lupin.

Need to test one to validate the other.

***unlynch ffm***

***lynch abney***

I didn't say anything about announcing it BEFROE you did it. Don't be an idiot.

You have posted multiple times today - AFTER the rez. No reason not to have announced it then.
Well that's what I thought you meant! Sorry! That was my first post today! What are you talking about! I didn't realize I needed to tell everyone when several people that knew.

Whatevs!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
After my conversation with Abney the night before I was kilt, I don't think MJ would have been the next kill unless she were a really bad wolf. I revealed some important info that likely would have influenced that.

Well that's what I thought you meant! Sorry! That was my first post today! What are you talking about! I didn't realize I needed to tell everyone when several people that knew.

Whatevs!

Wow, it really was your first post. I swear I thought you posted a bunch before. Huh.

Probably confused posts before the night results.

Either way, point still stands - other peeps are suspicious of you, which makes testing the rez a higher priority just from a numbers standpoint.

Could redirection be the "chaotic" role that promo was referring to?

Reactions: 1 users
Back to this theory of LIS being the blocker, and blocking being nonvillagey since Gwen started as a village blocker...

So, do we have any reason to think that LIS is definitely village?

Indeed. I'd never seen it as a mechanic before.

I've seen deflection, which is very protective. But redirection was just weird. I had trouble figuring out how best to use it. Then, it didn't matter, because someone blocked me.

Back to this theory of LIS being the blocker, and blocking being nonvillagey since Gwen started as a village blocker...

I don't have anything in particular, and of course there is no reason he couldn't be a convert. As I said before, if Gwen was destined to convert I don't see starting with two village blockers as being particularly odd.

I've seen deflection, which is very protective. But redirection was just weird. I had trouble figuring out how best to use it. Then, it didn't matter, because someone blocked me.
Oh it's definitely been used before. Trilt has used it before, MJ was a villager and kept redirecting people onto themselves all game to try to get a wolf to kill themselves. And it has been used many times before then. I've seen it as a villager ability more often than wolf. Chaos would fit, I think, can't specifically think of an instance of it being that off the top of my head but it certainly is chaotic in nature.

What is odd to me is that I don't think anyone has mentioned being redirected before today.

Gotcha. Redirection has definitely been both a village role and a chaos role in games I've played. I wouldn't say it is inherently a chaos ability, but it certainly is a possibility

Oh, and as for how to use it, redirect someone you think is a wolf onto themselves. It hasn't worked yet that I've seen, but someday it'll be successful!
Did someone get redirected last night?
LIS just said he did

After my conversation with Abney the night before I was kilt, I don't think MJ would have been the next kill unless she were a really bad wolf. I revealed some important info that likely would have influenced that.

I believe you ... but the rezzee vouching for the rezzer doesn't carry much weight. *shrug*

Yeah, i am the redirector. Villager redirector.

I haven't been that successful in my efforts. Most of the time someone got blocked or one of the people got kilt

There's a redirect ability in this game??
I hadn't seen that mentioned before

I hadn't either, but obviously I've not been doing a great job of following.

Yes, I am a blocker, since Kam decided to put it out in thread (I get that it was obvious to most people but it's not clear to me why Kam did that....).

N1: SOV
N2: Dyachei
N3: FFM
N4: Didn't submit a move
N5: Submitted Guis, night got canceled
N6: Guis, but block didn't happen because of mod screw-up (that's the night I got incorrectly told my block didn't happen because I was injured .... except that I wasn't injured - mods didn't want to confirm in thread, apparently, which is disappointing - I've always felt like mod mistakes should be announced because otherwise all they do is screw players)
N7: DVMD (and I had the numbweed and used it on myself for funsies)

Then last night (not sure if last night was N8 or if I missed some more nights in there) I tried to block WZ, and got the following for results: "Huh, for some reason instead of targeting WZ last night you instead targeted Promo. You were successful however in blocking Promo."

There ya be. Make of it what you will.

I don't think anyone has any real <evidence> to think I'm village ...... but most of you newer players depend wayyyyyyyyyy too much on hard evidence. You should just lynch me if you really think I'm wolf (or chaos).

I mean, I'm not. And you'd be wrong. But if you're suspicious it is the right play.

There have been a TON of games with redirection. It's relatively common in pre-vet games.

Yeah, i am the redirector. Villager redirector.

I haven't been that successful in my efforts. Most of the time someone got blocked or one of the people got kilt

You said at the beginning of the game you needed to find someone before your ability activated. Who and why?

Funny... redirecting LIS's blocking ability onto me blocked my use of the redirect ability that I'd been tithed. And which, FFM, if attention was being paid, would have known that I had received and planned to use. Why do that?

Lynch FFM

Edited to bold face

You said at the beginning of the game you needed to find someone before your ability activated. Who and why?

Not gonna give out that info, sorry.

I have only had an ability the last 4 nights or so.

Hence, i have not been playing the closest attn

Weekends are tough for me to stay caught up, due to family stuff

Funny... redirecting LIS's blocking ability onto me blocked my use of the redirect ability that I'd been tithed. And which, FFM, if attention was being paid, would have known that I had received and planned to use. Why do that?

Lynch FFM

Edited to bold face

So it would have been better to have two redirections instead of one that didn't have a net affect (except for wz not getting blocked)

I hadn't either, but obviously I've not been doing a great job of following.

Yes, I am a blocker, since Kam decided to put it out in thread (I get that it was obvious to most people but it's not clear to me why Kam did that....).

N1: SOV
N2: Dyachei
N3: FFM
N4: Didn't submit a move
N5: Submitted Guis, night got canceled
N6: Guis, but block didn't happen because of mod screw-up (that's the night I got incorrectly told my block didn't happen because I was injured .... except that I wasn't injured - mods didn't want to confirm in thread, apparently, which is disappointing - I've always felt like mod mistakes should be announced because otherwise all they do is screw players)
N7: DVMD (and I had the numbweed and used it on myself for funsies)

Then last night (not sure if last night was N8 or if I missed some more nights in there) I tried to block WZ, and got the following for results: "Huh, for some reason instead of targeting WZ last night you instead targeted Promo. You were successful however in blocking Promo."

There ya be. Make of it what you will.

You didn't submit a move the night we had two kills? o_O

Oi. I "liked" your post asking for mod confirmation that it was an error. I was on mobile and figured that was good enough. Yes it was a mod error. If you wanted more explicit confirmation you could've just asked instead of whining about it later. Grumble at your passive aggressiveness.

Oi. I "liked" your post asking for mod confirmation that it was an error. I was on mobile and figured that was good enough. Yes it was a mod error. If you wanted more explicit confirmation you could've just asked instead of whining about it later. Grumble at your passive aggressiveness.

Wasn't meant to be passive-aggressive. I brought up the issue of mod confirmation, and then all I got was a 'Like'. To me, that wasn't an answer one way or the other. Could have meant "I see your post but I'm neither confirming or denying." *shrug*

If anything, just 'Like'ing is passive aggressive. So there. :)

But thank you for the confirmation.

Reactions: 1 users
Oh, the mention of the two death night brought up a thing, in my mind, that I meant to make note of earlier. So, VMH was the one who floated the idea that the wolves got an extra kill when Gwen was converted. Just so happens, one of the kills from that night looks like Gwen did it (skull fracture). There are a couple other posts where she said things in a way that seemed like speculation but ended up being related to true stuff that the wolves would know (when talking about SOV she said something along the lines of "maybe there was some in game event that could occur to make him convert" i'm paraphrasing poorly, but we now know that is exactly what happened to Gwen). Like she was trying to look helpful by coming up with these "theories". I was thinking maybe that was one of those instances.

KC is a nicer mod than I. Mistakes will happen, and l will absolutely work on the back end to try and make up for it, but I don't generally like to confirm things on thread. I like when people lie about me too much to set that precedent.