Dumb reasons people give for not getting vaxxed thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Actually he was an African American man whose family said he was distrustful of government experimenting on people like him and had referenced the Tuskegee experiments as a factor in his decision.
Ouch, that is the one situation i truly can sympathize

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
Well, had a beautiful three weeks off, left the ICU with 25 hospitalized covid patients, now were at >50. Sooooo many unvaccinated, intubated patients. Few are going to make it. What a waste of time.

• Care
  • Sad
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
Well, had a beautiful three weeks off, left the ICU with 25 hospitalized covid patients, now were at >50. Sooooo many unvaccinated, intubated patients. Few are going to make it. What a waste of time.
Just give them some ivermectin it’ll all go away…

/s

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So, so painful. Thank God we have separate ICUs and I don’t do Covid all the time.
Now ours are all getting MDRO Acinetobacter on top of that Covid. I guess that is hastening the inevitable if you look at it that way.
I am supposed to get my booster this week. And vacation after next week. I need to lay on the beach and drink.

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Actually he was an African American man whose family said he was distrustful of government experimenting on people like him and had referenced the Tuskegee experiments as a factor in his decision.
This is really very very sad. I understand that yes this is part of our sad, racist, past. And racism is still alive and well.
But as an AA myself, I thought this is the kind of thinking that belonged to the older generation. Not the Millennials. So very sad.

This is really very very sad. I understand that yes this is part of our sad, racist, past. And racism is still alive and well.
But as an AA myself, I thought this is the kind of thinking that belonged to the older generation. Not the Millennials. So very sad.
I saw an interview where a young African American physician said she didn’t want to get the vaccine for the same reason. She did end up getting it, but she delayed it for a while due to mistrust. Definitely not just an older generation thing.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I saw an interview where a young African American physician said she didn’t want to get the vaccine for the same reason. She did end up getting it, but she delayed it for a while due to mistrust. Definitely not just an older generation thing.
Seriously? A whole physician? Why the hell is she a physician and where did she go to medical school if she doesn’t believe in the science?

Seriously? A whole physician? Why the hell is she a physician and where did she go to medical school if she doesn’t believe in the science?
This is not a defense of the anti-vaccine position. I'm pro-COVID vaccine. But is it possible that person has seen a lot of junk research that was put out as "science" or someone especially attuned to all the biases in research? Because there's a lot of it out there.

She was an attending pediatrician. She said that because of her cultural mistrust of the government d/t things like Tuskegee, she was very reluctant to get it. But she did end up getting it after looking at the literature.

This is not a defense of the anti-vaccine position. I'm pro-COVID vaccine. But is it possible that person has seen a lot of junk research that was put out as "science" or someone especially attuned to all the biases in research? Because there's a lot of it out there.
I think it was more cultural, and that her ability to appraise scientific literature is actually what helped her overcome that cultural mistrust. And that’s something the general public doesn’t tend to have.

Reactions: 1 users
I think it was more cultural, and that her ability to appraise scientific literature is actually what helped her overcome that cultural mistrust. And that’s something the general public doesn’t tend to have.
Did she ever explain how that could make sense given white people (and other ethnicities) were getting vaccinated and therefore not a hit job on her ethnic group?

• Love
Members don't see this ad :)
Very good point. Unless she thinks the Whites get a different vaccine than the minorities.
It shows that screwing with people has lasting effects on their thinking no matter how analytical they are in their professional lives I guess. That's a shame because she certainly isn't the only one who felt that way I'm sure.

Reactions: 4 users
In the spirit of dumb things related to COVID, I'm taking care of a patient right now who read online that nebulizing H2O2 (that's right, hydrogen peroxide) can be used to treat or prevent getting COVID.

Pt came in with SOB and chest pain.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
In the spirit of dumb things related to COVID, I'm taking care of a lady right now who read online that nebulizing H2O2 (that's right, hydrogen peroxide) can be used to treat or prevent getting COVID.

She came in with SOB and chest pain.
oh s**t

In the spirit of dumb things related to COVID, I'm taking care of a lady right now who read online that nebulizing H2O2 (that's right, hydrogen peroxide) can be used to treat or prevent getting COVID.

Would love to see her chest x-ray.

Would love to see her chest x-ray.

I didn’t get one. She had RR 16, spo2 98% and she was almost back to normal. So I told her CXRs in these cases are virtually non-actionable.

Ive xrayed chemical pneumonitis so many times and it never shows anything. Quite anticlimactic.

I didn’t get one. She had RR 16, spo2 98% and she was almost back to normal. So I told her CXRs in these cases are virtually non-actionable.

Ive xrayed chemical pneumonitis so many times and it never shows anything. Quite anticlimactic.
Ah, glad she did OK. For some reason, I thought your post was going to lead to severe illness from her actions.

I didn’t get one. She had RR 16, spo2 98% and she was almost back to normal.
So, it must have been the H2O2 that caused the RR to normalize and the sat to go back up to 98%!

Lol. Slap me. I just can't help myself today.

More importantly, did she get COVID?

• Haha
  • Hmm