Enlisted to Medical Degree Preparatory Program (EMDP2 FY23)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Air Force here. Got mine at 2200 last night.
Did you submit any waivers by chance? I had a handful haha. Also, when did you submit your package by? Curious if they submit interviews based on submissions.

Members don't see this ad.

Did you submit any waivers by chance? I had a handful haha. Also, when did you submit your package by? Curious if they submit interviews based on submissions.
No waivers this time. It’ll be my last time applying without waivers tho. I actually applied on the very last day. I made the cutoff by a few hours. In the interview invite we were told to confirm within 72 hours, so that might free up some spots down the road. Best of luck!

Filling out the personal data form confirms the interview, right? are we supposed to wait for the interviewers to contact us or do anything else... aside from creating an account with DoDMERB?
I was thinking from the letter, that once we fill out the personal data it confirms our acceptance of the interview and then they interviewers are supposed to email us to schedule. I feel like that may or may not happen until we send off the medical screening.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm going to be candid and a bit vulnerable.

I can't help but to feel a bit discouraged... my email feels empty even though I get about 100 work related emails each day. I'm super happy for all who have received invitations, but I would love to either receive one myself, or the dreaded "We're sorry but you haven't been selected to proceed with the application process". The not knowing is a very heavy weight on my shoulders.

Does anyone know if they do the interviews in waves?

I'm going to be candid and a bit vulnerable.

I can't help but to feel a bit discouraged... my email feels empty even though I get about 100 work related emails each day. I'm super happy for all who have received invitations, but I would love to either receive one myself, or the dreaded "We're sorry but you haven't been selected to proceed with the application process". The not knowing is a very heavy weight on my shoulders.

Does anyone know if they do the interviews in waves?
I’m right there with you! I did ask someone who’s currently in the program and they informed me that they do send out invites in waves. They got notified in the second or third wave for an interview. With a bunch of applications I can see why it’ll take a little longer. Now I’m just hoping it’s going to be the same this cycle.

Reactions: 1 user
For those of you feeling disappointed (or end up there), I would offer the following: you can do your prereqs and go to medical school without tying yourself to this program. Given the state of military medicine, this might be a blessing. If this is the career you want, this is definitely not the only (or the best) path to medical school. I saw lots of young sailors wait around in hopes that STA21 would be the answer when they could have used their generous GI bill benefits.

Get out. Go to a brick and mortar university. Get As. Go to med school on voc rehab. That is a really good deal.

Reactions: 2 users
Thank you for sharing your insight regarding other options.

PSA: your GI bill will pay for any public university in full for 4 years. That's veterinary school, med school, law school, or another bachelor's degree.

There is also a program at UT Austin that let's you do an MS in Nursing in 2.5 years if you have a bachelor's already. There is a few prerequisites such as pharma, nutrition, ap 1 and 2, and micro as well as the GRE. If you get into this civilian school you could talk to an AMEDD recruiter about doing the HPSP from that angle.

If you want to see if your school would be covered click this link.

-Meaning the military could release you from active status into the reserves.

There is also the Career Intermission Program. Check it out and do your homework.

Remember: You can do anything in life if you fill out the right paperwork

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone heard back from DoDMERB yet? It's been about a week and according to the instructions we were supposed to hear back about our file being created but I haven't seen anything..

I know the website is down but I was wondering if anyone at least got confirmation that their file was created..

Anyone heard back from DoDMERB yet? It's been about a week and according to the instructions we were supposed to hear back about our file being created but I haven't seen anything..

I know the website is down but I was wondering if anyone at least got confirmation that their file was created..
Nope. Been checking every morning, but no new updates. Have you started your physical? Or has anyone?

Nope. Been checking every morning, but no new updates. Have you started your physical? Or has anyone?
@Jesus Moreno and @ChamberSights @S White Did any of you try logging into DoDMETS which is the starting point to fill out the history and schedule appointments? I don't think this part of the process is impacted by the DoDMERB outage.... though I could be wrong as I'm not an applicant. All you need is your SSN and Last Name. If your name was submitted you might be able to access this step.

1669911389591.png

Last edited:
@Jesus Moreno and @ChamberSights @S White Did any of you try logging into DoDMETS which is the starting point to fill out the history and schedule appointments? I don't think this part of the process is impacted by the DoDMERB outage.... though I could be wrong as I'm not an applicant. All you need is your SSN and Last Name. If your name was submitted you might be able to access this step.

View attachment 362700
Appreciate the help, but we were told in the instructions that we needed a DoDMERB account and specifically said we don't need a DoDMETS account.

Reactions: 2 users
Appreciate the help, but we were told in the instructions that we needed a DoDMERB account and specifically said we don't need a DoDMETS account.
That's different than USUHS direct applicants. They are utilizing the DoDMETs website to complete their history and schedule the exam even if they don't receive the email from DoDMERB prompting them to start. USUHS Thread Maybe it's because 100% of the EMDP2 applicants are on AD and many complete the exams at military clinics and hospitals - it would be interesting to know if previous US based EMDP2 applicants had their physical at military facilities or contracted civilian urgent care. You still have time to get it done between DoDMERB coming back up (early Dec hopefully) and an acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello Everyone,

Just checking to see if anyone has any updates. At this point it has been about 2.5 months since I have received any communication from EMDP2. Has anyone received a notification of non-selection, or has anyone heard anything from a second wave of interviews? I am operating under the assumption that no news is good news at this point, but would love to have some idea of where we are at in the process.

v/r
Joshua King

Hello Everyone,

Just checking to see if anyone has any updates. At this point it has been about 2.5 months since I have received any communication from EMDP2. Has anyone received a notification of non-selection, or has anyone heard anything from a second wave of interviews? I am operating under the assumption that no news is good news at this point, but would love to have some idea of where we are at in the process.

v/r
Joshua King

Hey,

Nothing for either response on my end. I haven’t had any luck with people responding to emails either. The no news mentality is probably the most optimistic course of action. I’m remaining hopeful that there is a second wave of interviews, even though it’s difficult to stay positive with the weight of the unknown. Hoping we all get clarifying emails soon to take that weight off. Preferably positive ones.

Finished my degree and applied end of September. Pain trying to figure it out myself and with a helpful (but not knowledgeable) career planner.

Any other Marine applicants on here that have heard anything/shed some light on how the process differs for us?

Has ANYONE heard back from DoDMERB about their file being created to submit the medical clearance forms? I've been calling the CIV team almost every day to ask about it with zero luck. I'm hoping for some additional guidance soon but stress is at an all-time high with looming.

Has anyone completed one interview but haven’t been contacted yet for the 2nd?

Has anyone else reached out to Mr. Ruiz about the DoDMERB issues? And has anyone actually heard back from him? I'm 0/2 trying to reach out for help..

Has anyone else reached out to Mr. Ruiz about the DoDMERB issues? And has anyone actually heard back from him? I'm 0/2 trying to reach out for help..
I have only ever been able to reach anyone by messaging the Facebook page, but it is the holidays...

Looks like they finally sent all our stuff to DoDMERB!! It’s a Christmas miracle!!

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all!

I got an email on my af email saying that all our names were submitted and that we can schedule physicals as early as Tuesday.

Called the CIV team just now. Idk about anyone else but I am not in their system yet. She said it takes 7-10 days from submission.

Same here, just called with no luck. They said if we are going through a military provider there is no need to even contact the CIV Team..

Same here, just called with no luck. They said if we are going through a military provider there is no need to even contact the CIV Team..
I think we just need our med profiles created so that we can submit our medical exams.

I called CIV Team today and she just asked for my email to send instructions on how to submit, but I haven't received anything yet. If anyone else wants to try their luck.

I called CIV Team today and she just asked for my email to send instructions on how to submit, but I haven't received anything yet. If anyone else wants to try their luck.
Wondering if we still have to wait for them to notify us that our profiles have been created before sending our documents since that was the instruction from the previous emails.

Last edited:
Yay DoDMETS sent an email for profile creation and exam submission!

Yessir! DODMERB profile is finally created. Everyone should have emails soon since they were all submitted at the same time.

Too bad I have to redo both exams lol new forms apparently is what DoDMERB told me

Did you use the ones that Mr. Ruiz sent last month??
I did. But they updated their forms this year. And going through an MTF requires approval and seemed tedious so I’m just gonna get them re-done and follow the process as intended. I could be wrong but ahh well.

I did. But they updated their forms this year. And going through an MTF requires approval and seemed tedious so I’m just gonna get them re-done and follow the process as intended. I could be wrong but ahh well.
So you’re just going to use dodmets to schedule the appointment with one of the contracted doctors? I think I’m gonna be on the same boat since I used the same forms.

We’ll get there one day guys!

So you’re just going to use dodmets to schedule the appointment with one of the contracted doctors? I think I’m gonna be on the same boat since I used the same forms.

We’ll get there one day guys!
Yeah I scheduled them with the provided locations in my area. We’re already in their system so it’s super simple to get scheduled.

Still no news from the Army folks in the group?
Hoping the new year brings good news for us all. Or at least clarity of our standing.

Still no news from the Army folks in the group?
Hoping the new year brings good news for us all. Or at least clarity of our standing.
Air Force guy here. Hopefully with holidays being over and people returning back to work we may see something soon or at least I hope so

Has anyone else had their interviews with a med student and with a current resident? I was under the impression that the senior interviewer would be an attending physician and both of my interviews were with a recent graduate of EMDP2 and a recent USUHS graduate.

Best of luck in the next stage to everyone!

Did you talk to anyone specifically from DODMERB about completing the exams at your MTF? I already completed both with my ship, and the civilian optometrist they assigned me doesn’t have openings until FEBRUARY. I’ve emailed the help desk like 3 times with no response.

Did you talk to anyone specifically from DODMERB about completing the exams at your MTF? I already completed both with my ship, and the civilian optometrist they assigned me doesn’t have openings until FEBRUARY. I’ve emailed the help desk like 3 times with no response.
Yes, here is the help desk number. Follow the phone tree til you get to the option your last name falls under and it’ll provide you with numbers to call a medical tech to talk to.

(800) 841-2706