Entering the Lion's Den...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aceventura74

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was originally scheduled for the MCAT wayyyyy back in April. I was nowhere close to ready, so I postponed to August, and then my MCAT instructor told me to push into September. I'm going to take the MCAT September 10th - a whopping 9 days away :O! I just have a few questions about semantics and test day itself to all that have successfully conquered the MCAT!

1. How do you know when you're ready to take the dam MCAT? I'm hitting 30s-34s on AAMC Fls...8 and 9 were both a 28 though...flukes on both I think (night beofre AAMC 9 I slept 2 hrs, and I took AAMC 8 after 2 days of back-to-back-to-back practice FLs MCATs).

2. How early can I arrive and start the MCAT at my test center? I read the AAMC file/guide on this, they say 30 minutes or so is when check in begins, but I'd appreciate some advice from people who went through this.

2a) With the breaks, what should I be doing? I usually re-hydrate with a little gatorate, little water, and some granola. Oh, and I use the bathroom - on test day will I ahve enough time to do all this? I'm desperate enough to resorting to drinking gatorade while at the urinal if worst comes to worst.

2b) Test-taking clothes - Can I wear a hoodie? I really do love hoodies...but I heard protocol says I can't </3

3. Whats it like on test day? Nervous? Butterflies? Tired? thinking of just ending this awful mcat after months of prep? Right now I'm kinda in that last category...I've been preparing for over a year now!

4. How should I spend the last 9 days? I've been told different things so I'd like to narrow down the question.

4a) MCAT = September 10th = Dooms Day
The exam is on a Wednesday, what should I do the DAY BEFORE (September 9, that Tuesday)? FL? Review notes? Old mcat mnemonics?

4b) What should I be doing a week before (starting Wednesday September 3)?

4c) now until September 3rd, any special last minute things to do over sept 1-2?

5. Probably the most important question. What to do on test day? My test is at 2pm, I'm taking public transporation out to the center, but I'll get there at approximately 12pm. I plan on eating lunch from 12 - 12:30 (brown bag for the win!!!!). Should I just hang out in the center (will they even let me...)?

5a) Identification. I just need ONE FORM of identification - united states, non-expired, picture proof, signature provided driver's licence good enough?

5b) Do we log in for our MCAT? Like is there a special MCAT username/password? Also, is there a ticket/proof that today is your test day kinda thing you should bring with you?

I know these questions seem neurotic/overly anxious, but as a pre-med, I'm sure you guys know how we all think- step by step by step by step for EVERYTHING. Thanks for all the incredible responses, feedback, and support on this wonderful forum! Best of luck to all the MCATers out there!

Members don't see this ad.