EP Job Market in Utah (and/or CO, ID, WY, MT, AZ)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Brathmore

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Many of my relatives live near Salt Lake City, so I'd love to be within a day's drive. Can anyone tell me what the job market for new EPs is in Utah (or Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Arizona, Wyoming)? How hard is it to get a job in one of these locals? Does one have to settle for a ridiculously low salary to make it happen? (What are the starting salaries?)

If you've gone through the process of getting a job in one of these areas, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Looked really hard into Utah, very tough nut to crack. We wanted So Utah which was a complete strike out. However, would still look earnestly at any op in those parts.
Boise had some good opportunities a year ago, not sure about now.

Well, I'm kind of an expert on the subject, but I have an obvious conflict of interest giving you all the information you seek. :) But we plan to hire 4-5 as we'll be picking up a newly built facility next summer. Lucky you. Send your CVs here: http://www.epicdocs.com/contact.htm. Be aware that we tend to get 50 applications/CVs a year, and that's without any advertising.

Salaries aren't bad, but like any pre-partnership position, are lower than you'd get as an employee somewhere else, with the expectation of making more than a CMG or hospital employee once you make partner. Truthfully, we could probably offer $50 an hour (we don't) as a prepartner salary and still have no trouble recruiting.

Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho are easier than Utah and Colorado.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
AZ market is tightening up. From what I heard from the local residents there arent a lot of jobs around. The pay here is pretty spectacular but if you look around Phoenix, Tucson, Flagstaff and some rural-ish areas I imagine you could find something.

In AZ there are still SDGs, CMGS and the single to a few owner model of practice. Very little in the way of hospital employment which is fortunate.

Well, I'm kind of an expert on the subject, but I have an obvious conflict of interest giving you all the information you seek. :) But we plan to hire 4-5 as we'll be picking up a newly built facility next summer. Lucky you. Send your CVs here: http://www.epicdocs.com/contact.htm. Be aware that we tend to get 50 applications/CVs a year, and that's without any advertising.

Salaries aren't bad, but like any pre-partnership position, are lower than you'd get as an employee somewhere else, with the expectation of making more than a CMG or hospital employee once you make partner. Truthfully, we could probably offer $50 an hour (we don't) as a prepartner salary and still have no trouble recruiting.

Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho are easier than Utah and Colorado.
Somehow I thought you were on the east coast. Is your group different than the intermountain group?

The op cross-posted the same question in the radiation oncology and ophthalmology forums. Asking the same question in multiple forums is against the TOS and I will close the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.