Finally an ASA member and student rep...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Random Anesthesiologist

Random Anesthesiologist
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since I decided to pursue anesthesiology, I got a student membership to the ASA and also became the student rep to ASA from my med school. I do plan to go to DC in October.

So now I really have to do my homework about ASA issues pertaining to anesthesiology-interested med students. I guess I will be representing at least 5 students from my campus (anesthesia interest group), and maybe more because that doesn't include the MS1s.

I lurk and follow a lot of the political discussion here, but what other topics are pertinent for me as a soon-to-be MS4 to pay attention to?

Also, I requested to join the private group with the hopes of getting some more info, but haven't had any response to my request. Is that still an option for med students? I do have an ASA number if someone needs it to verify.

Members don't see this ad.

Since I decided to pursue anesthesiology, I got a student membership to the ASA and also became the student rep to ASA from my med school. I do plan to go to DC in October.

Welcome

Also, I requested to join the private group with the hopes of getting some more info, but haven't had any response to my request. Is that still an option for med students? I do have an ASA number if someone needs it to verify.

Yes, Arch will get to it - he does them in batches every so often, so give it some time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome

Yes, Arch will get to it - he does them in batches every so often, so give it some time.

This is right, I will get to it in due time. I do them in batches so sometimes some time passes other times it is relatively quick.

Please, please, please when you are making a request for the private forum read the sticky at the top of the forum first!

Hello there. If you clicked on this link, you are very likely to be interested in the Private Forum of the Anesthesiology Forum.

To request to join this private forum, please go to "My Accounts" on the left of the page. Then under "Networking" you will see "Group Membership". Click on that. Then select "Anesthesiology Club" or "ASA members" as the private forum you would like to join. When you get there, there will be a box for you to fill in as to why you want to join. Please put your REAL name and ASA # in that space.

Again, please do not put the reason why you want to join, rather put your REAL NAME and ASA number in that space (it's been a common mistake).

I will verify this information. Also, regardless of our own opinions, etc. All moderators of that forum are prohibited from divulging your information to ANYONE. Thus, you can be reassured your anonymity is maintained.

If you do not submit the above information, there is a decent likelihood that your request will not be processed appropriately.

Please follow the directions. You would not believe how many requests I get where things are submitted improperly. Thanks.

So now I really have to do my homework about ASA issues pertaining to anesthesiology-interested med students. I guess I will be representing at least 5 students from my campus (anesthesia interest group), and maybe more because that doesn't include the MS1s.

I lurk and follow a lot of the political discussion here, but what other topics are pertinent for me as a soon-to-be MS4 to pay attention to?

I like your enthusiasm kid. We need more folks like you in our field: motivated, bright, and enjoys getting involved. Welcome!

Congrats and welcome. Once you get access, I started a reasonably informative thread in the private forum re the recent legislative conference. Feel free to drop me a line if you have any specific questions.