Future WW Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Okay, the list hasn't been posted in a while so I thought I'd dredge it up again and update it. :)

0. Harry Potter: currently running. ;)
1. Tortall: nohika/IPB
2. Fantasy-type: DVMDream, start June 26
3. Avengers: Lissarae/LIS
4. Sherlock: IPB/cuit
5. Undecided Theme: SOV, late July/early August
Thanks. I missed this.
Undecided is really more non-specific.

Members don't see this ad.

IPB and Nokika -

Which specific book(s) should I read for this game. Looking for something for my trip and I am not sure when I check amazon.
There is a Tortall and other Lands.
Some legend of bekka cooper
and other stuff.

Nothing as cool as MAOF :cool:

What the heck does that and HOGH mean?! I just figured it was some Star Wars thing I didn't know...since I've never seen the movies. (ducks and runs for cover)

Members don't see this ad :)
IPB and Nokika -

Which specific book(s) should I read for this game. Looking for something for my trip and I am not sure when I check amazon.
There is a Tortall and other Lands.
Some legend of bekka cooper
and other stuff.

The relevant series are: Song of the Lionness (Alanna, Hand of the Goddess, Woman who Rides like a Man, Lionness Rampant), Immortals (Wild Magic, Wolf Speaker, Emperor Mage, and Realm of the Immortals), Protector of the Small (First Test, Page, Squire, Lady Knight), Daughter of the Lionness (Trickster's Choice, Trickster's Queen).

I think those cover them all.

However, all the characters generally appear in more than one book. Like Alanna appears in all of the other series at least once. You don't need to read Beka Cooper, as her era (sadly) won't be covered. Song of the Lioness and Immortals are pretty small paperbacks, but the last two in Protector of the Small and both of the Daughter of the Lionness books are pretty big.

The relevant series are: Song of the Lionness (Alanna, Hand of the Goddess, Woman who Rides like a Man, Lionness Rampant), Immortals (Wild Magic, Wolf Speaker, Emperor Mage, and Realm of the Immortals), Protector of the Small (First Test, Page, Squire, Lady Knight), Daughter of the Lionness (Trickster's Choice, Trickster's Queen).

I think those cover them all.

However, all the characters generally appear in more than one book. Like Alanna appears in all of the other series at least once. You don't need to read Beka Cooper, as her era (sadly) won't be covered. Song of the Lioness and Immortals are pretty small paperbacks, but the last two in Protector of the Small and both of the Daughter of the Lionness books are pretty big.
Hmm. I will consider this carefully:eek:

What the heck does that and HOGH mean?! I just figured it was some Star Wars thing I didn't know...since I've never seen the movies. (ducks and runs for cover)

Hahaha both of them I made up.

HOGH HOGH HOGH = TW the modgod hut. My avatar was a Persian cat that looked similar to jabba.

MAOF= the Mods Are Our Friends coalition, aka moi and Katie.

Last edited:
As long as I don't have to know anything about Tamora Pierce to play, I'm in! (Young adult fiction is just not the genre I reach for when I have time to read books for fun ;))

Sigh, you and Luke skywalker's real daughter. Such a disgrace.

Literally, she asked me one day to explain the story to her. I was like "can't you ask your dad?!?!"

As long as I don't have to know anything about Tamora Pierce to play, I'm in! (Young adult fiction is just not the genre I reach for when I have time to read books for fun ;))
No advance knowledge is needed! At least, we don't think so. :rolleyes:

Hahaha both of them I made up.

HOGH HOGH HOGH = TW the modgod hut. My avatar was a Persian cat that looked similar to jabba.

MAOF= the Mods Are Our Friends coalition, aka moi and Katie.

:laugh: Wow! You really set the bar. :laugh:

I forgot you went to school with her. You couldn't possibly get me a visit with Mark Hamill... could you?

Bah no. Only her mother came to visit the house.

However, she got an internship with her roommate who wanted to go into film. Too bad I lived in the room down the hall. Sigh

Members don't see this ad :)
Bah no. Only her mother came to visit the house.

However, she got an internship with her roommate who wanted to go into film. Too bad I lived in the room down the hall. Sigh
Sigh indeed.
will just have to keep stalking Jason Gedrick up here in SB.

Seriously, he keeps walking in to Staples where le BF works. As does Rutger Hauer.

Well, pretty big as in...400 pages maybe? Small compared to GoT. They're pretty easy reads, too.

I own all of them plus two other four-book series along with a trilogy and various assorted books. :oops:

I wish they would make a movie of the song of the lioness series.....

I wish they would make a movie of the song of the lioness series.....

Keladry's Protector of the Small, I have to admit, is one of my favorites. :oops: I do love all her books, though.

Having knowledge of the characters would help (in determining items, roles, etc), but IPB found an awesome Wiki that we'll link to in the main post so that people who don't have knowledge can find it. :)

Haha I know protector of the small and song of the lioness like word for word...I just wish it was a film too so I could relive my childhood again. :)

9 more roles left to create for my WW game (40 roles in total). Then I just have to finish up the items and put on some finishing touches. I am so excited to run this game! :D

9 more roles left to create for my WW game (40 roles in total). Then I just have to finish up the items and put on some finishing touches. I am so excited to run this game! :D

40?!?! :eek:

I'm excited; I want to play it!

I hope I will actually live longer in this one.. :laugh:

Is anybody a fan of The Dark Tower series by Stephen King? I was reading the new novel and couldn't help but think you could make an awesome WW game out of those books. Very good vs. evil.

Just curious if anyone would be interested......

Is anybody a fan of The Dark Tower series by Stephen King? I was reading the new novel and couldn't help but think you could make an awesome WW game out of those books. Very good vs. evil.

Just curious if anyone would be interested......

Never read it but am always down to play a WW game! :)

Never read it but am always down to play a WW game! :)

Cool :D Obviously we have quite a few future games in the works, but I think I'll start rereading them and aim for a later summer/early fall game. That is, of course, unless people are sick of WW games by then. :laugh:

Cool :D Obviously we have quite a few future games in the works, but I think I'll start rereading them and aim for a later summer/early fall game. That is, of course, unless people are sick of WW games by then. :laugh:
*gasp* Sick of WW? :laugh::laugh:

Ha I'm sure some people will get sick of them or be too busy once school starts again but then i'm sure some new people will start playing, too. When was SOV's first game? I feel like I've been playing a continuous WW game for like a year! I've only missed two I think :rolleyes:

**Edit** SOV's dog sanctuary game started february 9 so I think we've had a WW game running at all times since then! Feels like forever though!

Ummm... I have not missed a game..... I don't have a problem
smiley-whacky109.gif

I am going to post sign ups for my game on tuesday, once it is full I will send out roles. The game will start on june 26th when I get home from disneyland. :)

Ooh. :) Since Tortall is running down, we'll actually have some time without a game running, then.

I'm in Ireland, so weird time zone, and I have work all day a lot of the time, but I've been stalking the most recent WW thread and I really want to try playing. This is probably a terrible idea, but I'm probably going to try anyway.

I'm in Ireland, so weird time zone, and I have work all day a lot of the time, but I've been stalking the most recent WW thread and I really want to try playing. This is probably a terrible idea, but I'm probably going to try anyway.

:thumbup: Please do. It is fun, frustrating and often times confusing. But you will be addicted. And there are lots of others from the UK that play too so you will not be alone. :)

Ok. I could post sign-ups for my WW game today and then slowly send out roles this weekend/beginning of next week.

OR....

I could post sign-ups on Tuesday and send out roles when the game has filled on Wednesday and Thursday.

Game will start on June 26th no matter which I do.

I will leave it up to you guys....

If it doesn't start till the 26th, I don't think there would be a problem waiting till Tues. I know I get really excited to start playing when I get my role. :D

I think I will post the sign ups today.

Then I will slowly distribute roles. This gives me all of Tuesday to get roles out since it is my last day off before I head to Disneyland next weekend.

I think I will post the sign ups today.

Then I will slowly distribute roles. This gives me all of Tuesday to get roles out since it is my last day off before I head to Disneyland next weekend.

Or this :laugh::thumbup::thumbup:

If it doesn't start till the 26th, I don't think there would be a problem waiting till Tues. I know I get really excited to start playing when I get my role. :D

You probably won't get your role until Tuesday anyway. I have to work Friday-Monday, Tuesday off, work Wednesday and Thursday and then head to Disneyland. Then I come home Monday, start the game on Tuesday.

I really hope I don't miss the sign-up for this super large awesome WW game that I just clued in on.

Sign-ups will go up around 6-7PM PST (guessing here). I have to leave to have an MRI done on my knee right now so I will post it when I get home.

Good luck with your knee MRI:luck::luck:

It is possible for someone to sign me up?
It is my bedtime.