Future WW Games

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
"I stalked SOV last night and know he's a spam-bot. Unfriend SOV."
Like I said, the creation would be really easy.

Members don't see this ad.

"I stalked SOV last night and know he's a spam-bot. Unfriend SOV."
you have discovered my secret.

I am not real.

Has anyone here ever seen me?

I am virtual intelligence.

Ha ha, once I even agreed to meet @Minnerbelle in Boston, just to make it seem legitimate, but did she see me? No?

I will change my identity, and you will never know when I haunt you again. ha ha ha ha…

Reactions: 7 users
Has anyone made a FB/social media themed game? Could be some interesting dynamics there...

DocE had a Meme Wars one that was fun. More focused on popular memes, but the groups were named after social networks for the most part (and the group had an ability too).

Members don't see this ad :)
So I honestly think I would enjoy modding more than playing (I enjoy being the storyteller in IRL WW), but I have no idea where to start. Would someone allow me to tag along and co-mod for a game?

So I honestly think I would enjoy modding more than playing (I enjoy being the storyteller in IRL WW), but I have no idea where to start. Would someone allow me to tag along and co-mod for a game?

WE SHOULD MOD TOGETHER

Reactions: 1 user

Same! I think modding would be so much fun... but I would be 100% lost on how to even start...

WE SHOULD MOD TOGETHER
Same! I think modding would be so much fun... but I would be 100% lost on how to even start...
You have to be ready for hard work, and make sure you actually have the time to send and reply to all PMs and do the write-ups and (try to) stick to your own deadlines. In terms of designing, look at old games to get a sense of balancing/roles/etc., and then feel free to make your own additions.

Also, make sure you've played enough games to know what the heck you're doing. It's harder to get people signed up when you're a noob mod.

I've started actually working on my next one now, but it'll still be a while before deployment.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
noobs leading the noobs... it's like the blind leading the blind...

this.... it is never good for 2 noobs to mod together..... on their first game... ever.... and really for the uber noobs who want to mod a game already take a step back and play a few more games as you are still very green.... we need good quality games designed from experienced players..... if you do decide to mod at some point volunteer to co-mod with an experienced mod first - to see how it all works

Reactions: 3 users
Well if some non n00b wants to Co mod with me in ze future (after I play more) that would be great

The biggest mistake n00bs make .... no .... wait .... they make lots of big mistakes. But the one that will bite THEM in the ass the most is underestimating how much frickin' time it takes. Especially in a role-heavy and/or object-heavy game.

I know I'm on the list for a few games. I may move myself down quite a bit. Not feeling like modding right now. And I'm toying with a fairly big rule change in a game and need to think more about the consequences.

Reactions: 2 users
I was hoping more to tag on with an experienced mod first to learn all of these things, I was never planning on co-modding with a fellow noob. I just don't enjoy playing games nearly as much as I enjoy sitting back and diabolically laughing at the destruction.

Reactions: 2 users
I was hoping more to tag on with an experienced mod first to learn all of these things, I was never planning on co-modding with a fellow noob. I just don't enjoy playing games nearly as much as I enjoy sitting back and diabolically laughing at the destruction.
If you're musically inclined, I really would like a dedicated co-mod for the BoTB WW I was going to run with rojo. PM if you're interested.

I second this. I have a lot of time on my hands and would really enjoy seeing the man behind the curtain so to speak.

I also have some serious writing skills.

So if anyone is looking for a comod, let me know.

I will probably mod again after exams, so mid to late May.... for now I need to focus on exams and modding is too much work

I will probably mod again after exams, so mid to late May.... for now I need to focus on exams and modding is too much work
Yes'm, those of you signing up for this current game should know finals are happening for the next two weeks for me, so there will more than likely be some delays. Also plenty of grump going on, so be forewarned.

Aren't we used to grumpy mods by now? :rofl:
MOD KILLED is FFM!!!!!!!

grim-reaper-pictures.jpeg

Horse guts! And phys III. Not envious.
Luckily not much gut left, mostly limbs and head. Phys III can bite my arse. I am still trying to pull of the 5 credit gpa boost, but am not holding my breath. Just ready to be done so I can hang out doing some research and following like a puppy in the VTH.

I would also love to try co-modding with someone in the future. If anyone is looking to train up a noob. :)

@Haxx
@touchpause13
@98cats

I'll be happy to help anyone out with regards to modding. Though I think it will be more instructive to try and put together your own game and allow me to critique with reasons, rather than just watch. What you really need to do is not "co-mod" but mod with a non-playing assistant and consultant.

My next big game will (probably) drop prior to the memorial day weekend. Maybe after. I never have a lot of luck getting people to play over long weekends. I will want 32 players to start - not the biggest game ever, but pretty good sized, so keep a look out.

Reactions: 3 users
@Haxx
@touchpause13
@98cats

I'll be happy to help anyone out with regards to modding. Though I think it will be more instructive to try and put together your own game and allow me to critique with reasons, rather than just watch. What you really need to do is not "co-mod" but mod with a non-playing assistant and consultant.

My next big game will (probably) drop prior to the memorial day weekend. Maybe after. I never have a lot of luck getting people to play over long weekends. I will want 32 players to start - not the biggest game ever, but pretty good sized, so keep a look out.
Hmmm I feel like I would want to 'watch' a game being modded before I made one myself. And then I would be cool doing what you just suggested. I honestly have little knowledge of what even goes into making a game, so it would be nice to kind of shadow a game, in a sense. Maybe not even being a co-mod, but rather just an onlooker.

Hm. Maybe if one of you three wants to tag along on the mod side during my next game that would be fine.

But then you wouldn't be able to play. Heh.

@Haxx
@touchpause13
@98cats

That would be extremely helpful sweetie. I'm going to come up with something after I play a bit more.

Also I'm excited for your game! :)

Hm. Maybe if one of you three wants to tag along on the mod side during my next game that would be fine.

But then you wouldn't be able to play. Heh.
I would really like that.

I'm going to buckle down and finish the game that I've partly started since that work can be done offline during the week...

So I'm calling dibs on early June.

Games in Progress

Pangaea - kdubs + lupin

Category A: Games that are ready to go

Category B: Games that need some work but can be cleaned up in a few days if necessary

The Following (tv show)--hedgie

Category C: Games in some stage of development

Supernatural - swingnsave
Battle of the bands -???????? + kayd
Sword of Truth (book series) - Escalla (early June)
Best of- SOV and Lissarae
Resistance Redux Not WW - Rojo
Portal - EC

Category D: Games in planning stage/conceptual

1. Walking Dead: Packen/LIS (08/07/2012)
3. Horse theme - Philliab + EC
6. Super Mario Bros: EC + Zany
eleven. The Colony -Trema
5. Firefly - wildcatj + LIS
pie. Mystery Theme - LIS + dyachei
8. Disney Redux - Philliab and DVMD
9. Jurassic Park Redux - cuitlamiztli + DVMD
F. South Park - FFM
11. Indiana Jones- Devyn and DVMD
123. Star Trek - dyachei
O0. No theme, out of the depths of DVMD's mind - DVMD + Escalla
15. LIS & SOV (Airplanes)
16. *poof*
+1. A Series of Unfortunate Events - EC and Lupin
18. Boardwalk Empire - FFM
69. Lonely Island - rojo
20. '80's Sex Toys/Cartoons - Philliab + kaydubs
21. ?????????????? - Escalla & kaydubs
22. Avatar: The Last Airbender - kaydubs & Cyndia
23. Immunology WW - Lissa and DVMD (writing credits to SOV as well from last year).
24. WW Mental Hospital - SnS, Lupin, and Dy
25. Dr. Seuss - Swing and STL

Games in Progress

Pangaea - kdubs + lupin

Category A: Games that are ready to go

Category B: Games that need some work but can be cleaned up in a few days if necessary

The Following (tv show)--hedgie

Category C: Games in some stage of development

Supernatural - swingnsave
Battle of the bands -???????? + kayd
Sword of Truth (book series) - Escalla (early June)
Best of- SOV and Lissarae
Resistance Redux Not WW - Rojo
Portal - EC

Category D: Games in planning stage/conceptual

1. Walking Dead: Packen/LIS (08/07/2012)
3. Horse theme - Philliab + EC
6. Super Mario Bros: EC + Zany
eleven. The Colony -Trema
5. Firefly - wildcatj + LIS
pie. Mystery Theme - LIS + dyachei
8. Disney Redux - Philliab and DVMD
9. Jurassic Park Redux - cuitlamiztli + DVMD
F. South Park - FFM
11. Indiana Jones- Devyn and DVMD
123. Star Trek - dyachei
O0. No theme, out of the depths of DVMD's mind - DVMD + Escalla
15. LIS & SOV (Airplanes)
16. *poof*
+1. A Series of Unfortunate Events - EC and Lupin
18. Boardwalk Empire - FFM
69. Lonely Island - rojo
20. '80's Sex Toys/Cartoons - Philliab + kaydubs
21. ?????????????? - Escalla & kaydubs
22. Avatar: The Last Airbender - kaydubs & Cyndia
23. Immunology WW - Lissa and DVMD (writing credits to SOV as well from last year).
24. WW Mental Hospital - SnS, Lupin, and Dy
25. Dr. Seuss - Swing and STL
26. Saint's RoWW - touchpause13 and ???

I'm going to buckle down and finish the game that I've partly started since that work can be done offline during the week...

So I'm calling dibs on early June.
But but but... Me and swigs were planning to release ours then :( :p. Dibs on game after escalla's :)

But but but... Me and swigs were planning to release ours then :( :p. Dibs on game after escalla's :)

Did you call dibs? You gotta call it. :p lol

I honestly don't care if it's later, that's just the soonest it will be up. If you're ready to go then, no problema.

Last edited:
I'm really excited for the following game. Like an unhealthy level of excited

The point is not to run concurrently. I ain't got time for that.