GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
University: University of Michigan, 2015
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.45
GRE: n/a

Observation hours: 30 at an early intervention center, 10 at an outpatient pediatric rehab, 20 at an outpatient adult rehab, 20 at a preschool for visually impaired children

Experience: Worked at various camps for kids with disabilities for 4 years. In college worked at an after school ABA program as an behavioral technician. Worked for 1 year after graduation as a behavior instructor at a 1:1 ABA school.

Acceptances: Columbia (one week before!)
Rejections: NYU, SUNY Downstate
Waitlist: Columbia

This was my second time around applying! The first time I was reject by all (waitlisted by NYU an ultimately rejected)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Applying for the second time!

University: Stony Brook University
Major: Health Science and Sociology
Overall GPA: 3.4 OTCAS
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.7 depending on school
GRE:
158 Verbal
153 Quantitative (previously 148)
5.0 Writing (previously 3.5)

Extra-Curric: Internship early intervention preschool, various positions in a national sorority including Executive board, Out of State student mentor, English Pals, Emerging Leaders, Various academic awards and a Merit scholarship

Volunteer: 20 Hospital NICU/PICU, 90 Early intervention preschool

Applying: Stony Brook, Sacred Heart, NYU, Columbia, LIU Brooklyn, Boston, Chatham, NYIT, Touro Bay Shore, Washington (St. Louis)

Acceptances:
Rejections:
Interviews:

Last time I applied to Temple, Stony Brook, Sacred Heart, NOVA MOT and Philadelphia. I got interviews to Temple, Stony, NOVA and SHU (Waitlisted to all except Stony) and denied from Philadelphia. My advisor told me that my biggest mistake was waiting until the end of December to apply. I will have my application submitted by the 20th of this month. I also got my GRE scores significantly higher than they were as well as acquired a few more hours. I'm feeling very hopeful about this cycle, but will also be applying for a Sp.Ed Masters as a fallback just in case.

Last edited:
Applying for the second time!

University: Stony Brook University
Major: Health Science and Sociology
Overall GPA: 3.67 (might be higher haven't recalculated after the 4.0 summer session)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.7 depending on school
GRE:
158 Verbal
153 Quantitative (previously 148)
5.0 Writing (previously 3.5)

Extra-Curric: Internship early intervention preschool, various positions in a national sorority including Executive board, Out of State student mentor, English Pals, Emerging Leaders, Various academic awards and a Merit scholarship

Volunteer: 20 Hospital NICU/PICU, 90 Early intervention preschool

Applying: Stony Brook, Sacred Heart, NYU, Columbia, LIU Brooklyn, Boston, Chatham, NYIT, Touro Bay Shore, Washington (St. Louis)

Acceptances:
Rejections:
Interviews:

Last time I applied to Temple, Stony Brook, Sacred Heart, NOVA MOT and Philadelphia. I got interviews to Temple, Stony, NOVA and SHU (Waitlisted to all except Stony) and denied from Philadelphia. My advisor told me that my biggest mistake was waiting until the end of December to apply. I will have my application submitted by the 20th of this month. I also got my GRE scores significantly higher than they were as well as acquired a few more hours. I'm feeling very hopeful about this cycle, but will also be applying for a Sp.Ed Masters as a fallback just in case.
Wow! I'd kill to have those GRE scores! You should feel so confident with your improvements! I don't think you will need to apply to any back up programs, especially since you addressed every issue your advisor mentioned.

Members don't see this ad :)
@wannabeOT95 @othopeful93 I'm a current second year at Chatham. I think you both have a good chance of getting an interview provided that your materials are all in before the date they've provided for this year's cycle. I don't check the forums as often now, but if you have any questions, send me a PM and I'll get a notification! More than happy to help.

University: Sam Houston State University
Major: BA Studio Art, with a teacher certification & minor in Spanish
Overall GPA: 3.54
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 152/147/3 (this is what scares me the most...)

Extra-Curric: taught art, art history (all ages) & journalism (high school) for 8 years, published author, web & graphic designer, free lance artist, yoga instructor (not all at the same time)

LOR: 4 professors, 1 mentor & 4 OTs

Volunteer: 92 (going to be doing more until I can't anymore) ... 21 hand therapy, 20 SNF, 13 peds, 38 inpatient rehab

Other volunteer work: Sunday school teacher, part of Texas Children's Newborn Center Family Advisory Committee, designed Wall of Hope for NICU at Texas Children's, created online art therapy program for bereaved mothers (again, not at the same time)

Work: just got hired as an ABA Behavioral Technician to work with Autistic children

Applying: TWU Houston & Denton

Acceptances: TWU Houston! (Accepted off the waitlist 5/24)
Waitlisted at TWU Houston
Rejections: none

Last edited:
Wow! I'd kill to have those GRE scores! You should feel so confident with your improvements! I don't think you will need to apply to any back up programs, especially since you addressed every issue your advisor mentioned.

Thank you so much. It was a long struggle to pull up my writing score (for some reason I can get an A in a 400 level writing course, but standardized tests don't like me much) but I felt really good after my essay. I just wanted a 4 so finding out I got a 5 was so relieving. Now just waiting for one more LOR to clear :whistle:

Good luck to everyone applying!

College: Whitman College
Overall GPA: 3.62
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: V: 153 Q: 156 A: 4.0

Extra-Curricular: Four-year Division 3 athlete, Elementary School Mentor Program, Special Olympics Volunteer

Hours: 2500+ hours as a Rehabilitation Technician at Acute rehab (BI, SCI, Othro, etc.) , 150 hours acute inpatient (Geriatrics, Orhto, etc.) , 60 hours outpatient (hand, pediatrics)

Applied: AT Still, Belmont University, Creighton, Midwestern University- Glendale, Temple, University of South Dakota, University of Puget Sound (submitting soon), Washington University, Stanbridge College

Rejections: none

Interviews: Midwestern Univ. (11/16)

What are some of your opinions on schools that cost a fortune- around $100K for the masters versus a school that doesn't have the greatest undergrad reputation, but would only cost around $40K. Lots of people say that where you get the degree from doesn't matter. Do you all find that to be true? Whether you are a future applicant or in school now, do you put a lot of emphasis on reputation?

What are some of your opinions on schools that cost a fortune- around $100K for the masters versus a school that doesn't have the greatest undergrad reputation, but would only cost around $40K. Lots of people say that where you get the degree from doesn't matter. Do you all find that to be true? Whether you are a future applicant or in school now, do you put a lot of emphasis on reputation?
The only reputation I would be worried about is the graduation rate and the pass rate for the NBCOT (if that information is available). Just my opinion.

University: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Major: Kinesiology.
Overall GPA: 3.45. Graduated with Honors
Pre-Req GPA: Not too sure cause I'm applying to so many schools. Usually somewhere around my overall GPA
GRE: verbal- 150, quantitative- 152, writing- 4

Extra-Curric: I currently work as a Registered Behavior Technician doing 1:1 in home ABA therapy for children with autism. In the past I have worked for a special recreation association as an inclusion aide for children with disabilities (mostly autism). Held a leadership position in my sorority and wrote for the Panhellenic Blog for a short period of time. Senior year I was a part of a Kinesiology Honors Society.

Volunteer: 153 hours in a research lab that studied the effects of exercise on fluid intelligence. 42 hours in an in-patient rehabilitation hospital
Shadow: ~105 total. 80 in rehabilitation hospital (spinal cord injury, TBI, stroke, outpatient pediatrics), 10 in school system, ~15 in community mental health

Applying: UIC (Masters), Rush, UW-Madison, UW-Milwaukee, Western Michigan (Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids), Davenport, Colorado State, IUPUI, UTMD, UTHSCSA, Maryville, Texas Women's University (Dallas as 1st choice but said I would accept any), University of St. Augustine (Florida)

This is my second year applying! I applied last year and got into Drake University but decided not to attend due to cost and the fact that it is a doctorate program. I'm likely going to retake the GRE in October or November depending on when I get my act together. I'm super anxious about getting into a program and really hope that I didn't make a mistake in declining Drake and doing this all over again. :unsure: Everyone seems to have really great stats and experience in this thread which is making me even more nervous! Any insight is greatly appreciated. UGHH ALL I WANT IS TO BE AN OT!!!!! :xf:

So i plan on applying by the beginning of October for schools. I wanted to ask how my stats are? I'm so nervous to begin this process! I'm really looking into schools in california. Preferably; USC, stanbridge college and west coast university

Gpa: 3.6
Prereq: 3.6

GRE's:
so i took this the first time 3 years ago when i wanted to apply for a different grad program. The schools i applied for, didn't care if you took the exam or not. So i took it just in case and didn't prepare at all (i know soo bad!)
Q: 142 V: 146 A: 2.5
**i'm retaking this week** :) and i prepared

Observation hours: 140 (special needs school, private pediatrics center, nursing/rehabilitation center)

Work experience: i've been an assistant teacher and 1:1 aide at a special needs school for 2 years. I've worked with children that have different developmental delays, physical impairments and neurological disorders.

I graduated college 2 years ago, so i'm not sure if this is still very relevant. I was President of the psychology club. I created a program at my school called "Be Proud, Speak out," where current students spoke about mental disorders or other mental problems they are affected by and shared this with the community. I am a Psi chi member and graduated cum laude. I interned at a head start preschool and worked with children who came from low socio-economic backgrounds.

I have strong reccomendations and had really great experiences at the places i observed. I think I truly made a wonderful impact at each place.

After looking at many people's stats here, i can say i'm very nervous and hope that mine are good enough!

UPDATE:

Realized I messed up my stats here- & I also received my new GRE scores back:

CGPA: 3.4
PGPA: 3.5-3.6
last 60: 3.5

GRE: V:148 Q:145 A: 3.5

-140 hours of observations (special needs school, private pediatric practice, nursing home/rehab center)
-2 years (2,000 + hours) of working at a special needs school. Assistant teacher/1:1 aide

I am a little upset about my Gre scores. I prepared a lot more this time around and still didn't do so well. I am happy that I was able to get my analytical score up.

I'm also a little disappointed and nervous that these stats again, aren't so great. I'm really looking into Stanbridge college & West coast university and as another option, even though it's very competitive ,USC.

I'm almost done with my personal statement and will be officially submitting my OTCAS app by the end of this week. I may try to retake the gres soon to see if I have the ability to even go up 2-3 points.

Ugh, I don't know , I guess i just need some helpful feedback. But i feel there isn't much i can do now.

Major: Psychology Pre OT (Minor: Small Business Management)
Overall GPA: 3.4 (OTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.21 (according to Augusta at the moment)
GRE:
Verbal: 144
Quantitative: 147
Writing: 4.0

Extra-Curric: Step Team; Student Activities Board
Work: Supervisor in Retail for 3 years. I have had to train various people in various walks of life (age, religion, experiences, learning capabilities)
I have a brother on the Spectrum who I have helped over the years as well.
I am also a Resident Assistant.

Volunteer/Observation: Total 71 hours (OT observation): Rape Response; Hippotherapy observation, Orthopedic observation; Hand therapy observation; Vestibular Rehab Observation; Pediatrics/Feeding therapy observation.

Certifications: Certified Zumba Instructor; I will be getting my certification in AdIult and Pediatric first aid/CPR/AED in November

Applied: U of Sciences; AT Still Arizona Health Sciences; Brenau University; Augusta University, Philidaliphia University; Howard University

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews: Augusta U (10/31)

I haven't applied to OTCAS schools yet but I am almost done, just need to submit my personal statement and I am good to go. I just hope I get in somewhere. I'd really like to get into either AT Still or U of Sciences. Any advice?
Update:
I applied to OTCAS schools last week and it has verified today! I have not applied to Phili U or Howard yet ( nerves are too bad :( )

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE:

Realized I messed up my stats here- & I also received my new GRE scores back:

CGPA: 3.4
PGPA: 3.5-3.6
last 60: 3.5

GRE: V:148 Q:145 A: 3.5

-140 hours of observations (special needs school, private pediatric practice, nursing home/rehab center)
-2 years (2,000 + hours) of working at a special needs school. Assistant teacher/1:1 aide

I am a little upset about my Gre scores. I prepared a lot more this time around and still didn't do so well. I am happy that I was able to get my analytical score up.

I'm also a little disappointed and nervous that these stats again, aren't so great. I'm really looking into Stanbridge college & West coast university and as another option, even though it's very competitive ,USC.

I'm almost done with my personal statement and will be officially submitting my OTCAS app by the end of this week. I may try to retake the gres soon to see if I have the ability to even go up 2-3 points.

Ugh, I don't know , I guess i just need some helpful feedback. But i feel there isn't much i can do now.

To be safe, I'd really try to get your GRE up to a 4.0 for the AW. The feedback I got last cycle was a 3.5 really hurt me in comparison to other applicants. Some schools now list a minimum of a 4 as well.

Cumulative: 3.80
Prereq: 4.0
GRE: 150 Q, 156 V, 3.5 writing
Hours: 300 across two settings

Extra: Graduate Cum Laude, Dean's Honor List, Preschool Counselor, involved in a program that raises awareness about sexual assault/rape throughout undergrad, honors classes

Certification in adult and pediatric CPR/First Aid/AED

I'm going to be applying to USC, Stanbridge, and West Coast University and I'm extremely nervous! USC is my top choice

Last edited:
Major: Exercise Science
Minor: Psychology
Cumulative GPA: 3.968
Prereq GPA: 4.0
GRE: 153 V, 152 Q, 5.0 W

Volunteer/Observation Hours: Will have 100 in outpatient, school system, and geriatrics/pain management

Extra curricular: Sorority member, student worker for Registrar's office for 3 years, student worker for campus engagement for 2 years, SGA senator for Psychology Honor Society, Order of Omega Honor Society member, Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society member, National Society of Leadership and Success member, Junior Marshal for 2015-2016, volunteer for Special Olympics, scholarship winner for 3 organizations, Panhellenic Delegate for sorority, on two committees for sorority

Applying: Winston Salem State University, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, East Carolina University, Lenoir Rhyne University, Jefferson College of Health Sciences

Interviews: East Carolina University

Acceptances:

Rejections: Jefferson College of Health Sciences, UNC Chapel Hill

Will update when I here back! Just submitted all applications today :)

Last edited:
University: University of Toledo
Major: B.S. Interdisciplinary Studies - Health Issues/Pre-OT
Overall GPA: 3.92
Pre-Req GPA: 3.89
GRE: 156 V, 154 Q, 4.0 AW
LORs: 1 from neuro OT, 1 from peds OTA, 1 from former work supervisor

Extra-Curriculars and Work Experience:
1-on-1 special education aide at a school for kids with autism where they receive OT, PT, and speech (~800 hours)
Direct care aide for adults with disabilities at a day habilitation program (~360 hours)
Supervisor/server/bartender at an upscale restaurant (+6,000 hours... practically lived there for 3 years)
Clinician at a Perceptual-Motor Development program for kids with special needs (aquatic therapy, fine/gross motor activities)
Team captain of a co-ed volleyball team
Recruitment intern/campus blood drive coordinator for the American Red Cross
Team leader for American Heart Association's Heart Walk/5k
Volunteer for a breast cancer awareness & outreach group

Shadowing/Volunteer Hours: 75 hours outpatient adult neuro rehab, 50 hours pediatric mental health (school based), 10 hours pediatric outpatient rehab, 4 hours SNF

Certifications/Other: CPR/First Aid, Med Administration Level 1 from Department of Development Disabilities, Graduated summa cum laude

Applied to: University of Toledo

Acceptances: University of Toledo

I was also going to apply to Ohio State, Rush, and Chatham but I'm not so sure anymore because Toledo is my top choice!

College: Roanoke College
Major: Sociology, Psychology minor, Health Care Delivery Concentration
Overall GPA: 3.062
Pre-Req GPA: Depends on school but around 3.2-3.4
GRE: V: 145 Q: 146 A: 4.0

Extra-Curricular: Member of Alpha Phi Omega (also served on Exec board for a year), Work in admissions office as a student assistant and tour guide, Internship currently, volunteered over the summer at a school for kids w/special needs, various other volunteer activities near my school.

Hours: 110 total split up among two types of places (60 in peds outpatient and currently completing hours in a skilled inpatient nursing facility)

Applied: Virginia Commonwealth University, Mary Baldwin University, Shenandoah University, Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Emory & Henry College

Rejections:

Interviews:

I do not have very great numbers, but I am a hardworking and well-rounded student and hope to show that through my application :)

College: Roanoke College
Major: Sociology, Psychology minor, Health Care Delivery Concentration
Overall GPA: 3.062
Pre-Req GPA: Depends on school but around 3.2-3.4
GRE: V: 145 Q: 146 A: 4.0

Extra-Curricular: Member of Alpha Phi Omega (also served on Exec board for a year), Work in admissions office as a student assistant and tour guide, Internship currently, volunteered over the summer at a school for kids w/special needs, various other volunteer activities near my school.

Hours: 110 total split up among two types of places (60 in peds outpatient and currently completing hours in a skilled inpatient nursing facility)

Applied: Virginia Commonwealth University, Mary Baldwin University, Shenandoah University, Jefferson College of Health Sciences, Emory & Henry College

Rejections:

Interviews:

I do not have very great numbers, but I am a hardworking and well-rounded student and hope to show that through my application :)

We have similar stats so I wish you the best of luck. Just curious as to the reasoning behind not applying to JMU and Radford along with the other VA schools?

Last edited:
Hey guys! Would anyone mind chancing me for any of these following OT programs?
:) Thank you so much!

University: University of Florida
Major/Minor: B.A. Political Science (Decided on OT senior year)
Undergrad GPA: 3.67
Pre-req GPA: 3.7-3.8
GRE: 147 Q 153 V (I know the quant is a little low, ugh) 4.5 Analytical Writing
Observation Hours: 24 inpatient at a hospital ICU, 120 at an outpatient Rehabilitation/hand therapy clinic, 34 both inpatient/outpatient hospital (Inpatient dealt with post op, oncology etc), ~25 hours in a nursing facility (geriatrics), ~20 hours in a Rehabilitation hospital
220+ hours total

Volunteer: Homeless shelter, ICYE volunteer aborad in a children's community center, Literacy council tutor, Food bank kitchens, Circle K Kiwanis, Greek philanthropies (Girl Scouts of America etc)
Work experience: OT Aide at Outpatient Rehab, Citizenship Test Tutor, Intern at a US Congressional Office, Legal intern at a Law Firm, various other restaraunt jobs all throughout college
Other extracurriculars: Division III Cross Country/Track, Sorority Sister, Honor Society Inductee, Triathlon team, College Dem political club, Political Phone banks
Awards: Midwest All Conference Academic Team, Certificate of Congressional recognition, Dean's List and/or President's list at each college I attended, Cum Laude honors

Applying to 14 Schools Total
Nova Southeastern University, Midwestern (Glendale AZ), Chatham U, University of Florida, East Carolina U, Phildelphia U, Tennessee State, Carroll University, Davenport U, Springfield College, Winston Salem State U, U Alabama Birmingham, U Central Arkansas, Milligan College, Towson U

UF and NOVA are at the top of my list. I already submitted all of my applications in late September

Any feedback on areas for improvement or tips for the interview process would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

We have similar stats and I am currently right down the road from you at Jefferson College. Just curious as to the reasoning behind not applying to JMU and Radford along with the other VA schools?

Hello! Such a good question... I cannot apply specifically to Radford because their minimum GPA is a 3.25 and I cannot have a "C" in any of the prereqs of which I have in Bio 120 which I took first semester freshman year. For JMU, I could apply but they have such wonky prereq requirements where I would have to complete a prereq equivalency request form and I am not sure if they would accept them because of the type of classes that there are at Roanoke.

How do you like Jefferson? I am actually going to an open house there today and I am really excited!

Hey Everyone! I am a current OT student at Howard's University. I remember being in all of your shoes last year applying to OT schools. I just want every to know to never give up! I had an over all GPA of 3.10 when I applied and everyone told me to get my GPA or I would never get in. But here I am a current student with an amazing GPA in OT school. If you have any questions for me I'll try my best to answer from my own experiences!

Hey Everyone! I am a current OT student at Howard's University. I remember being in all of your shoes last year applying to OT schools. I just want every to know to never give up! I had an over all GPA of 3.10 when I applied and everyone told me to get my GPA or I would never get in. But here I am a current student with an amazing GPA in OT school. If you have any questions for me I'll try my best to answer from my own experiences!

That is so helpful and encouraging. I have my stats a few post above and I was going to remove phili u and howard from my list because I don't think my GPA or GRE scores are high enough. Do you remember your GRE scores?

That is so helpful and encouraging. I have my stats a few post above and I was going to remove phili u and howard from my list because I don't think my GPA or GRE scores are high enough. Do you remember your GRE scores?

Hey here is a screenshot of my stats when I first submitted my applications but my GPA increased to a 3.1 by the time I submitted my fall grades last year. I hope this helps.
ImageUploadedBySDN1475597469.273626.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

It seems your stats were much better than mine so I wouldn't count Howard out. To be honest most of us who go here were denied from every other school we applied to (like me) but the program is still great. I do have to warn you that Howard's administration is terrible and no one answers phones or responds to emails during the application process. So I would keep other schools in mind as well!

It seems your stats were much better than mine so I wouldn't count Howard out. To be honest most of us who go here were denied from every other school we applied to (like me) but the program is still great. I do have to warn you that Howard's administration is terrible and no one answers phones or responds to emails during the application process. So I would keep other schools in mind as well!

Thanks so much! I'll definitely keep them in mind!

Hi I'm applying to OT school and worried about my stats.

Overall GPA: 3.2
Last 60: 3.54
Pre-reqs: 3.82

Experience
100+ pediatrics
40+ in nursing home
40+ hospital
20+ rehab facility
Early intervention 20+
Behavior therapist 8 months
Pre health fraternity
2 years in research lab

GRE
Verbal 149
Quant 157
Writing 4
Retaking soon

Applying:
University of Washington (#1)
USC
Stanbridge
West coast
Puget sound
St Augustine
Philly
LIU Brooklyn
Touro
NYU
Thomas Jefferson

Updated!

Undergrad: Western Washington University
Major: Human Services
Undergrad GPA: 3.49 (otcas)
Prerequisite GPA: 3.87 - 3.94 (depending on school)
GRE: 154 V 152 Q 4.0 AW

Extra-Curric: church children's ministry, college ministry small group leader, musician, camp counselor, homeless ministry outreach

Work experience: ABA Therapist

Volunteer: 229 hrs pediatric clinic, 139 hrs hospital outpatient rehab, 29 hrs geriatrics / productive aging

Applied: University of Washington, Eastern Washington University

Interviews: Eastern Washington University

Acceptances: University of Washington, Eastern Washington University

Rejections:N/A

Attending: University of Washington!

Do you mind if I ask more about University fo Washington? It is my number one choice right now :)

University: University of Kansas
Major: Applied Behavioral Science
Overall GPA: 3.86
Pre-Req GPA: varies but around 3.9
GRE: verb: 151 qual: 152 writing: 4.0

Extra-Curric: President, treasurer, membership coordinator of various clubs, Alpha Chi Omega, Phi Kappa Phi, Order of Omega, Mortar Board, ABA therapy with children with autism

Volunteer: hospice, ER at a hospital, Best Buddies (organization for special needs adults), 200 hours of observation (2 peds, 1 early intervention, 1 geriatric)

Applied: Midwestern-Glendale, Creighton, Ohio State, University of Toledo, University of Kansas Medical Center

Acceptances: Midwestern U-Glendale, University of Kansas Medical Center, Creighton Campus Pathway, Ohio State

Waitlist: University of Toledo

Interviews: Midwestern U-Glendale (9/28), Creighton campus pathway (11/4), Ohio State (12/10)

Rejections: None

Attending: Creighton University

Last edited:
University: University of Kansas
Major: Applied Behavioral Science
Overall GPA: 3.86
Pre-Req GPA: varies but around 3.9
GRE: verb: 151 qual: 152 writing: 4.0

Extra-Curric: President, treasurer, membership coordinator of various clubs, Alpha Chi Omega, Phi Kappa Phi, Order of Omega, Mortar Board, ABA therapy with children with autism

Volunteer: hospice, ER at a hospital, Best Buddies (organization for special needs adults)

Acceptances: Midwestern U-Glandale

Rejections:

Interviews: Midwestern U-Glendale

Waiting to hear back from University of Kansas Medical Center, Creighton, Toledo, and Ohio State.
If anyone has heard from these let me know!!

I recently applied for Midwestern U! How long did it take for them to schedule your interview/contact you after your submission?

I recently applied for Midwestern U! How long did it take for them to schedule your interview/contact you after your submission?

I submitted my application August 15th and heard about an interview the first week of September!

I submitted my app 10/3 and heard back on 10/11 for an interview, but the interview dates I could select were already out into late January. :(

University: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Major: Human Development and Family Studies
Overall GPA: 3.36
Pre-Req GPA: 4.00
GRE: 152 Verbal, 157 Quantitative, 3.0 Writing :unsure:

Extra-Curric: Worked in a daycare for 3+ years, summer camp counselor, Ambassador in my major, Mentor for high school students, Dean's List, Teaching Assistant,

Volunteer: 50+ Hours Observations in Pediatric Outpatient and Acute inpatient , 160 hours administering Bayley III Screening, Volunteer at several different locations (hospital, nursery, etc.)

Applied: UIC, Midwestern, ATSU, U Florida, Wash U, South Alabama, Texas- El Paso, Wisconsin-Madison, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Elmhurst College

Application Verified by OTCAS: October 12, 2016

Acceptances: Washington University Saint Louis

Rejections:

Interviews: ATSU (declining)

What do you all think of my stats? Do you think I have a chance getting into any of these programs??

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I submitted my app 10/3 and heard back on 10/11 for an interview, but the interview dates I could select were already out into late January. :(

ah damn.. I've seen that a couple people have already gotten accepted. They turned their apps really early.

I only received the "complete application" email and thats it. Did you receive those in addition to an interview date?

ah damn.. I've seen that a couple people have already gotten accepted. They turned their apps really early.

I only received the "complete application" email and thats it. Did you receive those in addition to an interview date?

So I turned in my application REALLY early for Midwestern (IL) and got an interview for October 31st (other interview dates are Nov 2nd and 4th). I know they are pulling interviews for 30 people at a time (10 for each interview date.) They already pulled all the people for the first week of November, so they will start pulling more interviews for December, January, etc.

Here's the thing. They mentioned at an open house that last year, a lot of people put their deposit down, said they were going to attend, then DROPPED their seat. A lot of people did that in the Chicago area if they got accepted to a more affordable school (e.g. UIC). They ended up having to pull more people for interviews till April/May. I'm assuming this is an issue with both Midwestern campuses since their interviews are so early in the year. Personally, I REALLY want to go to MWU. I know some people just use it as their "back up" until they hear from a school they really want to go to, which is just unfair in my opinion.

In the end, if you don't hear anything - don't assume it's a bad thing! No news is good news in this scenario!

I received a "completed application" email the day after I submitted my midwestern app and then received an interview invite a week later via email. There were two dates I could select so I chose the earliest on january 19th. A lot of people must have submitted really early in August but I knew I couldn't submit before the end of September.

University: Washington State University
Major: Kinesiology, Psych Minor
Overall GPA: 3.44
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8ish (dependent on school)
GRE: V:156 Q:158 A: 4.0

Extra-Curric: President of Pre-PT/OT Club, Intern in Biomechanics Lab, Anatomy TA, Group Fitness and Yoga Instructor for 3+ years, Personal Trainer for 2+ years, CPR Instructor for 2+ years, Facility Manager at Student Recreation Center. Summer volunteer program to South Africa.

Volunteer: 130 hours in Pediatrics, Home Health, Hospice, Skilled Nursing Facility, Schools, Inpatient and Outpatient. *I also have a required internship for the summer after graduation where I will be working in an OT outpatient clinic. Required to do at least 450 hours that summer.*

Applied to: Midwestern-Downers Grove, University of Washington, University of Puget Sound, Pacific University, University of St. Augustine- Austin, University of Minnesota, Chatham, Sacred Heart, NYU, Columbia, MCPHS, Thomas Jefferson University

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews: Thomas Jefferson University, Chatham

Last edited:
Does anyone know how long it takes for AT Still Arizona Health Sciences to ask for interviews at this point? I turned in my secondary application October 7th. Any ideas? Has anyone else applied here or going to apply here?

Does anyone know how long it takes for AT Still Arizona Health Sciences to ask for interviews at this point? I turned in my secondary application October 7th. Any ideas? Has anyone else applied here or going to apply here?
They received my supplemental materials on 10/3. I'm just impatiently waiting now. Previous threads have said 2-3 weeks. Let me know if you hear anything!

Help people! Super self conscious about my stats :/

University: University of Illinois-Chicago
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.3 OTCAS
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.4 depending on school
GRE:
143 Verbal
143 Quantitative
3.5 Writing

Extra-Curric: Division 1 softball, Greek National Softball Team (projected to play in 2020 Olympics), Active member of my college's LGBQT community outreach, works as a personal trainer specializing in corrective exercises in clients over 60, works as an ABA therapist with children with autism, volunteers weekly at the animal shelter cleaning cages, feeds homeless monthly in Chicago

Certifications: CPR, CPI

Volunteer: 100 Outpatient, 20 inpatient, 12 pedatric

Applying: West Coast University, Touro College, Carroll University, Springfield College, University of the Sciences, Midwestern (AZ and IL), and Cox College

Acceptances:
Rejections: West Coast University, Touro College ):
Interviews: West Coast University
Wait listed: Midwestern-Glendale

Obviously schools that don't require a GRE since mine is so low....I'm so stressed that I'm wait listed at Midwestern and people are already getting in :(

Last edited:
No clue whether to really honestly take it as a positive. I got it late August :(

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    381.7 KB · Views: 157
Help people! Super self conscious about my stats :/

University: University of Illinois-Chicago
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.3 OTCAS
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.4 depending on school
GRE:
143 Verbal
143 Quantitative
3.5 Writing

Extra-Curric: Division 1 softball, Greek National Softball Team (projected to play in 2020 Olympics), Active member of my college's LGBQT community outreach, works as a personal trainer specializing in corrective exercises in clients over 60, works as an ABA therapist with children with autism, volunteers weekly at the animal shelter cleaning cages, feeds homeless monthly in Chicago

Certifications: CPR, CPI

Volunteer: 100 Outpatient, 20 inpatient, 12 pedatric

Applying: West Coast University, Touro College, Carroll University, Springfield College, University of the Sciences, Midwestern (AZ and IL), and Cox College

Acceptances:
Rejections: West Coast University, Touro College ):
Interviews: West Coast University
Wait listed: Midwestern-Glendale

Obviously schools that don't require a GRE since mine is so low....I'm so stressed that I'm wait listed at Midwestern and people are already getting in :(

We all have felt what you felt. The whole application process is very stressful, and this forum is bitter sweet. There is lots of great info out there, however we start comparing our selfs to others, and feel less than we are. Is this your first round applying? Many people do not get in their first year, and lots of schools like to see people apply again. Take this time to make your application better. Study for the GRE and take it again after you hear back from the last school. Volunteer, shadow more, get a tech job, Retake a class, get leadership experience. You still have 5 schools to hear back from. You have time. Reapply to WCU this cycle. Look into the univiersty of st. Augustine, There are 3 campuses with OT, each with three cohorts a year. You know what you want, don't give up, just actively try to improve your app.

Reactions: 1 user
We all have felt what you felt. The whole application process is very stressful, and this forum is bitter sweet. There is lots of great info out there, however we start comparing our selfs to others, and feel less than we are. Is this your first round applying? Many people do not get in their first year, and lots of schools like to see people apply again. Take this time to make your application better. Study for the GRE and take it again after you hear back from the last school. Volunteer, shadow more, get a tech job, Retake a class, get leadership experience. You still have 5 schools to hear back from. You have time. Reapply to WCU this cycle. Look into the univiersty of st. Augustine, There are 3 campuses with OT, each with three cohorts a year. You know what you want, don't give up, just actively try to improve your app.
Thank you for your confidence booster! I plan on retaking A&PII as well as a few more classes. I am horrible with standardized testing so I think I'm going to hire a tutor....we will see. This is my second.