GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
To be 100% honest here, I interviewed there and it was an interesting experience. I'm from northern PA and learned the true meaning of "bible belt". I said I didn't get in because I didn't have a Jesus Freak tattoo on my forehead. It was like a whole different world there.
Haha, interesting indeed! I put my deposit down for Indiana Wesleyan's OTD program, which was also a very in-your-face Christian University. Not in a bad way, as Milligan might have been (?) - everyone I met was delightful & accepting - it's just not something I'm used to, as an athiest Jew :p So we shall see? In my interview I discussed how religion/spirituality is an 'occupation' for many - so I should understand it better. As long as the OT department itself is open and strives for diversity...!
Tl;dr I had a nice conversation with my graduate advisor about their "community lifestyle" statement and the meaning of sin, lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess I've never posted my stats before.....

Major:
Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.25 (OTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.5-3.8 (depending on school)
GRE: 148 Verbal, 150 Quantitative

Observation:
50 hours outpatient pediatrics
16 hours inpatient rehab
16 hours acute care ortho/neuro/trauma
3,000+ hours of working in a PT setting if that counts for anything...?

Applied: University of Indianapolis, Indiana University, Midwestern (IL), Huntington University, USciences (MOT), Davenport University, University of Southern Indiana

Interviews: University of Indianapolis (12/8), Huntington University (3/14)

Rejections: Indiana University, Midwestern (IL)

Waitlist: University of Indianapolis, Davenport University

Acceptances: USciences (MOT), HUNTINGTON UNIVERSITY!!!!!

This was my second year applying, and I am so glad that I stuck with it! To anyone with a "lower" GPA compared to a lot of applicants, don't give up! Find schools who look for more than just numbers, and also schools that conduct interviews!

I am applying to both University of Washington and Puget Sound for this next cycle and I'm just wondering if they told you why you were rejected? These are my top choices due to location and other factors.

Sorry for the late response, I haven't checked this in quite awhile. No, I never got a clear answer as to why I was rejected to UW or UPS. This was my second year applying to both, rejected from UW both cycles and wait listed at UPS both cycles. One thing I had been told is that my GRE scores were pretty average -- tried to retake it and unfortunately didn't get better scores. I did however improve my personal statement, letters of recommendation, observation hours, got applicable job experience, etc. and got the same results when I reapplied to those programs. In all honesty I don't really see a rhyme or reason to the process. Sorry I'm sure that doesn't help much but I wouldn't give up! I think they put a lot of stock into essays and I just maybe wasn't quite what they were looking for because I have seen several people with similar or lower stats that have gotten into both programs. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
University: UMass Amherst
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.92
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.93
GRE: 152 Verbal, 154 Quantitative, 5.0 writing

Applied and accepted at Radford University. Is anyone else attending Radford this year?

University: BYU-Idaho
Major: Health Science
Overall GPA: 3.0
Pre-Req GPA: 2.8
GRE: V-144 Q-138 A-3.5

Extra-Curric: Guitar Teacher, Campus Talent Activities Manager

Volunteer: Blood drives, Eagle Scout Projects for neighborhood youth,

Acceptances: Creighton University (Class of 2018)

Rejections: ISU (Idaho State University), Midwestern (wait listed - never heard back from them beyond that), Salus University, A.T. Still University

Interviews: Creighton University

I just wanted to share my stats with everyone because when I was looking through and seeing everyone's high GPA's and outstanding extra-curricular's and amazing job experiences, it got me a little bit down. I didn't think I had much of a chance at all at getting into school. However, my momma didn't raise a quitter so I applied anyway and did the best I could. Low and behold I got into my #1 choice! So who gives a flying rat's crapper if I was rejected by every other school? I got the one I wanted in the end. It really blows going through the application and interview process but seriously my friends, If I got in, YOU can get in as well.

--Apply as early as possible and you have a better chance at getting an interview.

--If you get an interview, don't worry about trying to impress them. They already think you're good enough to join the school (that's why they invited you for an interview - now they just want to see if you're a decent and competent human being). So, just be yourself, get along with the other applicants, be friendly, answer their questions honestly. The interview is NOT a scary thing.

Good luck to you all this year with application and interviews! Feel free to message me with ANY questions at all. I was definitely one of the "long-shots" that got in, so I can sympathize with almost all of you.

I know it has been a little while since you posted this, but I wanted to say THANK YOU! This post really gives me hope because just like you, all the high GPAs had me worried that I was alone here! I'm applying next cycle & just your advice has got me excited and encouraged that I can do it! :)

Major/Minor: Recreational Therapy
Undergrad GPA: 3.67
Pre-req GPA: 3.2 ish
GRE: 153 Q 150 V
Observation Hours: 40 acute inpatient, 80 hand therapy/outpatient rehab, 30 outpatient peds, 40 Outpatient Rehab, 560 Acute Inpatient Rehab (RT Internship)
Volunteer: Special Olympics, Campus Health Facility etc.
Work experience: OT Aide at Outpatient Rehab, Academic Tutor, RT Internship at Emory Rehab Hospital, Inclusion Companion for summer camp, Therapeutic Recreation Assistant 2 Summers
Other extracurriculars: Active Leadership role in Sorority, Greek Honor Society, Club Basketball Safety Manager, CPR/AED & first aid certified, Special Olympics

Interested in applying to: MUSC, GRU, Brenau, St. Augustine FL and more

I know my GPA is low, so I am looking for feedback on suggested schools to apply to and application tips to boost points. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Posting this again for the new batch of OT applicants. Good luck!

University: UC Berkeley
Major: History
OTCAS GPA: 3.77
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: 160 Verbal // 153 Quant // 5.5 AW

Applied:
• University of Southern California
• University of Washington
• University of Illinois at Chicago
• San Jose State University

OT Volunteer:
• 96 hours in skilled nursing facility
• 21 hours in a hand therapy clinic

Extracurricular:
• 86 hours spent volunteering in a yoga/massage program working with individuals with cerebral palsy and multiple sclerosis

Acceptances:
• University of Southern California (will be attending)

Rejections:
• University of Illinois at Chicago
• University of Washington
• SJSU never got back to me

Interviews: Not required

I hope posting this will help future students! This is my first post after being an avid reader :)

Major:
Human Development
University: UCSD c/o 2014
Undergrad GPA: 3.1
Pre-req GPA: 3.5
Observation Hours: 60 hand therapy (outpatient), 60 pediatric (outpatient)
Work experience: 1 year as behavioral therapist working in home-health with children with autism

Applied: Samuel Merritt, Touro NV, NYU, A.T Still University, Midwestern

Interviews: Touro NV, A.T Still University

Rejections: Samuel Merrit, Midwestern

Waitlist: NYU, Touro NV, A.T Still University

Acceptances: A.T. Still University (5/26) & NYU (5/31)

I didn't think I'd be attending school this fall. I had lost all hope and wanted to move forward with life and so forth. However, today, I received my first acceptance letter from my top choice, ATSU! I am SO excited for this new opportunity! My GPA isn't the most competive, and I didn't participate in many extra-curricular activites, but I think my personal statement and interview helped me tremendously on this one. If you are truly passionate about helping people, then don't give up!! I know it's easy to lose motivation at times, but keep pushing and remember to believe in yourself!

UPDATE: ALSO ACCEPTED INTO NYU from the wait list 5/31!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Okay, seriously, FINAL UPDATE!!

University: UCSD
Major: General Biology (B.S.) and Psychology (B.A.)
Overall GPA: 3.31 (OTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.8-3.9 (depending on school)
GRE: V: 165 Q: 159 A: 5

Observation: 250+ hours Outpatient Peds Clinic, 50+ hours Outpatient & Inpatient Stroke Clinic, ~10 hours Hand Therapy

Applied: CSU Dominguez Hills, SJSU, Samuel Merritt University, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos), University of New England, University of Wisconsin - Madison, MGH IHP, Boston University, University of Washington, University of Puget Sound

Interviews: University of New England (11/13), Samuel Merritt University (11/05), MGH IHP (02/05), Boston University (02/06), University of St. Augustine - San Marcos (declined)

Rejections: CSU Dominguez Hills, Samuel Merritt University, University of Washington

Waitlist: University of Wisconsin - Madison

Acceptances: University of New England, MGH IHP, San Jose State University, Boston University, University of Puget Sound

Attending: Boston University :biglove:

Last edited:
Okay, seriously, FINAL UPDATE!!

University: UCSD
Major: General Biology (B.S.) and Psychology (B.A.)
Overall GPA: 3.31 (OTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.8-3.9 (depending on school)
GRE: V: 165 Q: 159 A: 5

Observation: 250+ hours Outpatient Peds Clinic, 50+ hours Outpatient & Inpatient Stroke Clinic, ~10 hours Hand Therapy

Applied: CSU Dominguez Hills, SJSU, Samuel Merritt University, University of St. Augustine (San Marcos), University of New England, University of Wisconsin - Madison, MGH IHP, Boston University, University of Washington, University of Puget Sound

Interviews: University of New England (11/13), Samuel Merritt University (11/05), MGH IHP (02/05), Boston University (02/06), University of St. Augustine - San Marcos (declined)

Rejections: CSU Dominguez Hills, Samuel Merritt University, University of Washington

Waitlist: University of Puget Sound, University of Wisconsin - Madison

Acceptances: University of New England, MGH IHP, San Jose State University, Boston University

Attending: Boston University :biglove:

Wow I can't believe you were rejected from CSUDH! That's exactly why I didn't even bother applying...just out of curiosity, why did you decline to interview at USA San Marcos?? I didn't end up applying there for a few reasons, even though I'm from Southern Cali...

Congratulations on all your acceptances and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Wow I can't believe you were rejected from CSUDH! That's exactly why I didn't even bother applying...just out of curiosity, why did you decline to interview at USA San Marcos?? I didn't end up applying there for a few reasons, even though I'm from Southern Cali...

Congratulations on all your acceptances and good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Thanks! I declined to interview because by the time I was informed about it, I'd already been accepted into a program I'd rather attend.

I know it has been a little while since you posted this, but I wanted to say THANK YOU! This post really gives me hope because just like you, all the high GPAs had me worried that I was alone here! I'm applying next cycle & just your advice has got me excited and encouraged that I can do it! :)

You're welcome! I'm finishing up my first year in the program now. I can honestly tell you that you can do it. I have a way better GPA in grad school than I did in undergrad. The classes are hard and challenging but nothing is tricky. The professors are not there to trick you anymore. They really want you to actually know everything, so everything is taught clearly, and tested clearly. You will be just fine. Just keep trying!

Members don't see this ad :)
University: University of Texas at Austin
Major: Biology
Overall GPA:
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.82
GRE: 156 Verbal, 153 Quantitative, 3.5 writing
I'm currently looking for places to do volunteer hours at but I plan on applying to UTHSCSA and UTRGV I'm not sure if I have a chance at getting in because of my low overall gpa! My last 60 hour gpa is slightly higher at 3.4 but I'm not sure if this is enough. I'm really hoping my prerequisite gpa and GRE score will help. I did awful my freshman and sophomore years, mostly because I took so many unnecessary classes that I didn't even need to graduate such as differential and integral calculus which I got C's in. I just need someone to give me a chance! Any advice guys?

Last edited:

I agree with the previous post in reply to yours! I wanted to know what other OTD programs you applied to if you dont mind me asking? I have similar stats and I am really worried about not getting accepted. Also, how early did you apply and have your apps completed and submitted?

University: Eastern Kentucky University
Major: Occupational Science
Overall GPA: 3.80
Pre-Req GPA: 3.67-3.8 (Depending on school)
GRE: Q:152 V:148 W: 4.5 (Plan on retaking)

Extra-Curric: Various honor societies with various leadership positions, Sorority (Held different leadership positions), SOSA, SGA student senate, and Best Buddies

Volunteer: 30 hours in peds
50 in SNF
20 Outpatient

Applied: EKU, UNC, Florida, FGCU and possibly UTMB

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews:

University: Edinboro University
Major: Child Psychology and Sociology
Overall GPA: 3.18
Pre-Req: 3.44 (retaking A&P II for a better grade)
No GRE because screw that, lol.

Extra-curricular activities: School newspaper for two years, PR Manager for Adaptive Recreation Club, Student Government Congress Member, Captain of Intramural Soccer Team, Research and Presentation on Disability.

Hours: 225 hours internship at a college/school setting, 50 hours hand therapy, 1000+ hours as a rehabilitation technician.

Applied: Bay Path, D'Youville, MCPHS, Trinity Washington

Accepted: MCPHS

Extra-curricular activities: School newspaper for two years, PR Manager for Adaptive Recreation Club, Student Government Congress Member, Captain of Intramural Soccer Team, Research and Presentation on Disability.

Hours: 225 hours internship at a college/school setting, 50 hours hand therapy, 1000+ hours as a rehabilitation technician.

Man, I feel like I was constantly checking to see if MCPHS would be on the list to apply to, and ended up giving up on it. It would have been nice to have another New England school to apply to. Anyway, congrats!

Man, I feel like I was constantly checking to see if MCPHS would be on the list to apply to, and ended up giving up on it. It would have been nice to have another New England school to apply to. Anyway, congrats!

See, the program isn't fully accredited, so I was kind of hesitant at first. But then I talked to the head of the program and my advisor, and they really sold me this phenomenal idea. Plus, they have an accredited PT program (and I've heard great things about it), so I am taking a leap of faith. New England is SO EXPENSIVE though. I think I am attending though

See, the program isn't fully accredited, so I was kind of hesitant at first. But then I talked to the head of the program and my advisor, and they really sold me this phenomenal idea. Plus, they have an accredited PT program (and I've heard great things about it), so I am taking a leap of faith. New England is SO EXPENSIVE though. I think I am attending though
What area of the US are you from? Manchester is supposed to be reasonably priced. And there's no sales tax in NH, so there's that. Plus it's pretty! It'll be worth it. :)

What area of the US are you from? Manchester is supposed to be reasonably priced. And there's no sales tax in NH, so there's that. Plus it's pretty! It'll be worth it. :)

New Jersey, so it isn't much better haha. Stuff's steep here as well

Are you in school buddy? I have the OTPF if you want it, by the way. I can email it to you - the OTs I worked under said it was the Bible for the field LOL

Hey! I used to watch your youtube videos when I was preparing to apply to school! I am SO happy for you! Congratulations!!!! You deserve it! & LOL to the GRE- I took it TWICE. Spent $400 on the test- not to mention the books to prepare for it--- JUST TO GET INTO A PROGRAM THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE IT. Life.........

Overall GPA: 3.19
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.5 (depending on school)
GRE: 144-verbal 151-quantitative .5-writing

Extra-Curric: dance team captain, pre-ot club media and publicity chair, dance marathon, ccd teacher

Volunteer: 200+ shadowing at rehab, nursing home, school, hospital, peds settings
Worked as a research assistant through my university's OT department
Currently working as a ABA therapist

Acceptances: none

Rejections: Midwestern-IL, UIC, Rush, Univ of Wis-Milwaukee, Nova (OTD), Nova (Masters), Brennau, Indiana State, Grand Valley State, Davenport
Waitlisted: Davenport and Univ of Wis.-Milwaukee
Interviews: none

If you guys have any tips on where I might have a better chance of getting in with a lower GPA please do let me know! I considered applying to schools in the final steps of accreditation process, but do these schools usually become accredited? Also considering retaking some pre-reqs to make my GPA higher. What else should I do? I am very stressed and down with all these rejections =/

Extra-Curric: dance team captain, pre-ot club media and publicity chair, dance marathon, ccd teacher

Volunteer: 200+ shadowing at rehab, nursing home, school, hospital, peds settings

Rejections: Midwestern-IL, UIC, Rush, Univ of Wis-Milwaukee, Nova (OTD), Nova (Masters), Brennau, Indiana State, Grand Valley State, Davenport

If you guys have any tips on where I might have a better chance of getting in with a lower GPA please do let me know! I considered applying to schools in the final steps of accreditation process, but do these schools usually become accredited? Also considering retaking some pre-reqs to make my GPA higher. What else should I do? I am very stressed and down with all these rejections =/

Don't worry! You aren't the only one. I was rejected my first time too and it felt awful. I was in a funk for months throwing myself a pity party. I took the extra year to volunteer at other locations and dedicated 5 months to writing my personal statement. Are there any classes you got maybe Bs or Cs in that you could get As in? How did you feel with your personal statement? Maybe it could be a little stronger.
Don't be so hard on yourself. Not getting in can really make you doubt yourself, but don't give up! Especially if OT is really what you want to do ☺

I PM'ed you

Hey! I used to watch your youtube videos when I was preparing to apply to school! I am SO happy for you! Congratulations!!!! You deserve it! & LOL to the GRE- I took it TWICE. Spent $400 on the test- not to mention the books to prepare for it--- JUST TO GET INTO A PROGRAM THAT DOESN'T REQUIRE IT. Life.........

Ain't that some ****. But hey, you got in and that's all that matters!

You can consider applying to schools that don't require the GRE (there are a few in New England, like AIC, Bay Path, Husson, etc) since your verbal is going to keep you out of schools if you don't retake it. I think phys and anatomy are especially important, so you should probably have at least a B+ in those if possible. Bay Path and Husson (last I checked) don't use the common app, so I don't think they average previous grades like OTCAS does.

As for programs going through certification, you'll have to do your research and decide for yourself. It's very likely that they'll pass if they're accepting students though. For example, I know that a program director (or at least someone up there) from another local university is leaving to start the OTD at Western New England University. If she did well at her other program, it wouldn't be surprising if she did well elsewhere.

Major: Human Development and Family Studies- Penn State Main
Overall GPA: 3.45
Pre-Req GPA: 3.0-3.6 (depending on school)
Last 60: 3.5
GRE: Taking in October for Temple and Mgh
Applying: Temple, Salus, NYU, Columbia, Seton Hall, MGH in Boston, Hofstra, Stockton, U of sciences, Wesley College
Male applicant
Only 65 OT observations hours- Have them in mostly every setting however
200+ PT observation hours/ Surgery Observations
Letters of Rec are from Pt, OT, and Professor
Fingers Crossed!

Major: Kinesiology and Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.1
Pre-Req GPA: 3.14-3.67 (depending on school)
GRE: none

Extra-Curric: Kinesiology Student Organization secretary, intramurals

Volunteer/Experience:
  • 150 hours SNF
  • 20 hours hippotherapy
  • 2700+ hours as rehab tech working in outpatient and inpatient (neonatology to geriatric population)
  • 1 year behavioral therapist working in home with children with cerebral palsy, autism, and conduct disorder
  • 15 hours activities assistant volunteer (acute inpatient)
  • special Olympics volunteer

Applying: MCPHS, Midwestern University - Downer's Grove, Springfield College, Bay Path University, Husson University, Stonybrook University, and New York University

Interviews: Stony Brook University (12/9)

Rejections: MCPHS (12/16)

Acceptances: NYU (2/13)

Last edited:
Major: Kinesiology and Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.1
Pre-Req GPA: 3.14-3.67 (depending on school)
GRE: none

Extra-Curric: Kinesiology Student Organization secretary, intramurals, rock climbing

Volunteer: 150 hours SNF, 20 hours hipotherapy, 2700+ hours as rehab tech working in outpatient and inpatient (neonatology to geriatric population), 1 year behavioral therapist working in home with children with cerebral palsy, autism, and conduct disorder, 15 hours activities asisstant volunteer (acute inpatient), special olympics volunteer

Applying: MCPHS, Midwestern University - Downer's Grove, Springfield College, University of Sciences (MOT), Bay Path University, and Husson University

Out of curiosity, why not AIC if you're also applying to Springfield and Bay Path?

Probably because AIC is expensive as **** and three years long? LOL
USciences is probably even more expensive. And Husson is 3. I just wanted to make they didn't miss out on a safety, especially because I got rejected to Springfield with higher stats (although I've seen others with slightly lower stats get in, so who knows... I applied there kind of last minute).

Ohhhh. I forgot they required physics. What a silly requirement!
I know :/ I was also going to apply to UNH and UNE, but they require neuroanatomy. Working full time makes it very hard to take in person courses.

I know :/ I was also going to apply to UNH and UNE, but they require neuroanatomy. Working full time makes it very hard to take in person courses.
Eh, you're not really losing out too much regarding UNE. The interview felt pretty impersonal compared to the other 2 I did (Thomas Jefferson and Salus), and more focused on how I handled stress and criticism and less on OT. Personally it didn't click for me. :)

Hey! This is my first time applying for OT schools and I was wondering if anyone gotten into a program with similar stats.

Major: Kinesiology - Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.29
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.5 (depending on the school) (All preqs A/B except for Anatomy which was my first science class and the only C in my preqs)
Last 60: ~3.3 I believe
GRE: 149 V 154 Q 4.0 W

Work: Afterschool/summer program tutor
Volunteer: 11 hours at a alzheimer's home care facility, 108 hrs at a outpatient neuroclinic, 300 hrs+ total in and outpatient in a Hospital (hand, neuro, ADL, lymph-edema was what I mainly observed)
Observation: From the the sites, I would say I have around 200-250 hours observation

I'm still balancing out which schools to apply to but some that I plan on trying for (even if it's a long shot):
CSUDH, USC, USciences (MOT), Rush, LLU, A.T Still, Stony Brook, Dominican (CA not NY one) and Western Michigan

There are some others that I'm looking at but I'm looking into schools that align more with my interests as well as costs and other personal reasons. Also, if anyone has insight on applying to religious schools, despite not being religious, and newly accredited programs-please share!
Thanks!

Hey! This is my first time applying for OT schools and I was wondering if anyone gotten into a program with similar stats.

Major: Kinesiology - Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.29
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2-3.5 (depending on the school) (All preqs A/B except for Anatomy which was my first science class and the only C in my preqs)
Last 60: ~3.3 I believe
GRE: 149 V 154 Q 4.0 W

Work: Afterschool/summer program tutor
Volunteer: 11 hours at a alzheimer's home care facility, 108 hrs at a outpatient neuroclinic, 300 hrs+ total in and outpatient in a Hospital (hand, neuro, ADL, lymph-edema was what I mainly observed)
Observation: From the the sites, I would say I have around 200-250 hours observation

I'm still balancing out which schools to apply to but some that I plan on trying for (even if it's a long shot):
CSUDH, USC, USciences (MOT), Rush, LLU, A.T Still, Stony Brook, Dominican (CA not NY one) and Western Michigan

There are some others that I'm looking at but I'm looking into schools that align more with my interests as well as costs and other personal reasons. Also, if anyone has insight on applying to religious schools, despite not being religious, and newly accredited programs-please share!
Thanks!

Check out MCPHS - they are a new program and it has lots of promise... and they have a good PT program too so you know they have their stuff together

University: University of Hawaii at Manoa
Overall GPA: 3.4
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2 (depends on school)
Major GPA: 3.5

GRE: Haven't taken it yet. Plan to this September

Extra-Curric:
-Currently working in the activities department through a rehab and nursing facility
-Worked as a nurse aide through a home care company
- Also currently working with children with disablities through a private behavioral health company as a skills trainer
- Was in the honors program for 2 years in college (obtained a certificate)
- Member of psi chi honor society
- was in Pre-med club and HOSA club
-Dean's list in college
-Honor roll for most of high school career (if that counts towards anything)
-CPR certified

Volunteer: 50 shadowing an OT in a hospital setting and another 55 in a nursing and rehabilitation center, Also currently volunteering in an outpatient pediatric setting- minimum hours to volunteer is 40

Applying: Pacific University, West Coast University- LA, MCPHS, Shenandoah University, Midwestern University- Downers grove, Midwestern- glendale, Touro University, Texas Tech University, University of the Sciences, D'Youville, Davenport

I know it's a lot!!! But I WANNA JUST GET IN ANYWHERE! If anyone else knows of a school for me that I might have a chance in with my stats, please let me know! I'm applying very very soon!

Update:

Acceptances: MCPHS

Rejections: West Coast University

Interviews: West Coast University, Touro University

Last edited:
University: University of Hawaii at Manoa
Overall GPA: 3.4
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2 (depends on school)
Major GPA: 3.5

GRE: Haven't taken it yet. Plan to this September

Extra-Curric:
-Currently working in the activities department through a rehab and nursing facility
-Worked as a nurse aide through a home care company
- Also currently working with autistic children through a private behavioral health company as a skills trainer
- Was in the honors program for 2 years in college (obtained a certificate)
- Member of psi chi honor society
- was in Pre-med club and HOSA club
-Dean's list in college
-Honor roll for most of high school career (if that counts towards anything)
-CPR certified

Volunteer: 50 shadowing an OT in a hospital setting and another 55 in a nursing and rehabilitation center, Also currently volunteering in an outpatient pediatric setting- minimum hours to volunteer is 40

Applying: Pacific University, West Coast University- LA, MCPHS, Loma Linda, Shenandoah University, Midwestern University- Downers grove, Midwestern- glendale, Touro University, AT Still university, Texas Tech University, University of the Sciences

I know it's a lot!!! But I WANNA JUST GET IN ANYWHERE! If anyone else knows of a school for me that I might have a chance in with my stats, please let me know! I'm applying very very soon!

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews:

I got in with lower grades, so it is possible. Apply early and keep in contact with these schools so they remember you. It is possible. I will also suggest applying to Emory and Henry in Virginia, also a new program

I got in with lower grades, so it is possible. Apply early and keep in contact with these schools so they remember you. It is possible. I will also suggest applying to Emory and Henry in Virginia, also a new program

Hi, can you tell me which programs you got into? Also any tips for GRE? I'm dreading it so much because I'm awful at math

University: Harding University
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.49
Prerequisite: 3.8
GRE: 151 math, 146 verbal, and 3.5 writing

Extra-curricular: Study abroad, OT club treasurer, social club, spring sing, church small group, extra-curricular volleyball, 150 hours shadowing PT.

Volunteer: Bisons for Christ 3 years in a row (observations: 160 hours peds clinic, 15 acute care, and 40 nursing home)

Acceptances: Huntington University, Indiana Wesleyan University

Rejections: East Carolina, WSSU, Milligan

Interviews: Milligan, HU, IWU

Attending: Huntington University

University: Loyola University Chicago
Major: Psychology and Human Services
Overall GPA: 3.9
Prerequisite: About 3.8 (Depends on school)
GRE: V 150 Q 151 W 4
OTCAS Verified: 8/16/16

Extra-curricular: VP of Psi Chi, secretary for Pre-OT club, president of Psi Beta at former community college, and member of a few other honor societies.

Volunteer:
Lurie Children's in the inpatient psychiatry unit and in OT/PT outpatient center (around 100 hrs,) intern and volunteer at Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago in research/recovery unit and other areas (will be around 120 hrs in December,) revamped pet therapy program at RIC, health class volunteer for underserved elementary school in Chicago (around 20 hrs,) "Pool Pals" volunteer for aquatic therapy program (around 10 hrs,) also various shadowing experience from other places (inpatient, outpatient, and dance therapy).

Work:
Nanny for child with special needs, former assistant manager at a retail store, former pharmacy technician

Certifications:
BLS and First Aid

Applying: Midwestern (IL), WUSTL, and University of Wisconsin Milwaukee (withdrew app)
Acceptances: Washington University St. Louis (10/27), Midwestern (11/9)
Rejections: None!
Interviews: Midwestern (10/31)
Attending: MIDWESTERN!!

Last edited:
University: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.85
Pre-Req GPA: ~ 3.8?
GRE:
149 Verbal
158 Quantitative
4.5 Writing

Extra-Curric: internship at adult day center, volunteered at nursing home, over 100 hours of PT observation (two settings), involved in professional sorority, worked in a nursing home for almost 2 years

Volunteer:35 nursing home setting, 45 rehab hospital setting, 10 school setting

Applied to: UIC, Midwestern - Downer's Grove, IUPUI, Davenport, Carroll, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Maryville, East Carolina, Chatham, and Colorado State

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews: Chatham, Midwestern

Chances of getting in somewhere? I applied to a ton of schools because I am so nervous!!

Last edited:
University: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Major: Kinesiology
Overall GPA: 3.85
Pre-Req GPA: ~ 3.8?
GRE:
149 Verbal
158 Quantitative
4.5 Writing

Extra-Curric: internship at adult day center, volunteered at nursing home, over 100 hours of PT observation (two settings), involved in professional sorority, worked in a nursing home for almost 2 years

Volunteer:35 nursing home setting, 45 rehab hospital setting, 10 school setting

Applied to: UIC, Midwestern, IUPUI, Davenport, Carroll, Wisconsin-Milwaukee, Maryville, East Carolina, Chatham, and Colorado State

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews:

Chances of getting in somewhere? I applied to a ton of schools because I am so nervous!!

Have you thought about applying to Rush? I'm from Illinois as well!

So i plan on applying by the beginning of October for schools. I wanted to ask how my stats are? I'm so nervous to begin this process! I'm really looking into schools in california. Preferably; USC, stanbridge college and west coast university

Gpa: 3.6
Prereq: 3.6

GRE's:
so i took this the first time 3 years ago when i wanted to apply for a different grad program. The schools i applied for, didn't care if you took the exam or not. So i took it just in case and didn't prepare at all (i know soo bad!)
Q: 142 V: 146 A: 2.5
**i'm retaking this week** :) and i prepared

Observation hours: 140 (special needs school, private pediatrics center, nursing/rehabilitation center)

Work experience: i've been an assistant teacher and 1:1 aide at a special needs school for 2 years. I've worked with children that have different developmental delays, physical impairments and neurological disorders.

I graduated college 2 years ago, so i'm not sure if this is still very relevant. I was President of the psychology club. I created a program at my school called "Be Proud, Speak out," where current students spoke about mental disorders or other mental problems they are affected by and shared this with the community. I am a Psi chi member and graduated cum laude. I interned at a head start preschool and worked with children who came from low socio-economic backgrounds.

I have strong reccomendations and had really great experiences at the places i observed. I think I truly made a wonderful impact at each place.

After looking at many people's stats here, i can say i'm very nervous and hope that mine are good enough!

So i plan on applying by the beginning of October for schools. I wanted to ask how my stats are? I'm so nervous to begin this process! I'm really looking into schools in california. Preferably; USC, stanbridge college and west coast university

Gpa: 3.6
Prereq: 3.6

GRE's:
so i took this the first time 3 years ago when i wanted to apply for a different grad program. The schools i applied for, didn't care if you took the exam or not. So i took it just in case and didn't prepare at all (i know soo bad!)
Q: 142 V: 146 A: 2.5
**i'm retaking this week** :) and i prepared

Observation hours: 140 (special needs school, private pediatrics center, nursing/rehabilitation center)

Work experience: i've been an assistant teacher and 1:1 aide at a special needs school for 2 years. I've worked with children that have different developmental delays, physical impairments and neurological disorders.

I graduated college 2 years ago, so i'm not sure if this is still very relevant. I was President of the psychology club. I created a program at my school called "Be Proud, Speak out," where current students spoke about mental disorders or other mental problems they are affected by and shared this with the community. I am a Psi chi member and graduated cum laude. I interned at a head start preschool and worked with children who came from low socio-economic backgrounds.

I have strong reccomendations and had really great experiences at the places i observed. I think I truly made a wonderful impact at each place.

After looking at many people's stats here, i can say i'm very nervous and hope that mine are good enough!

I think your stats are competitive! As long as you really get those GRE scores up, I think you have good chances of getting in somewhere. Try not to get too nervous reading other people's stats on here - someone could have a 4.0 GPA but a very poorly written personal statement, or no meaningful experiences/solid LOR's, etc.
Side note, I'm a 1:1 special education aide too and I talked a lot about this in my personal statement. I'm sure you could too!