GREAT video games that are helping us kill time until normalcy resumes.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Ghost of Tsushimaaaaaa

Members don't see this ad.

Nice. Just make sure you check out the system spec requirements for Alyx. If you're buying a new gaming rig, it shouldn't be hard to meet those recs, but they are fairly steep for any older systems / current budget options.

• MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Core i5-7500 / Ryzen 5 1600
    • Memory: 12 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GTX 1060 / RX 580 - 6GB VRAM

I was planning on blowing about 5k, so think I can make that. 1099 for the win.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got my valve index. Anyone set one of these up yet? Looks annoying.
It isn't that hard. Took me maybe an hour to do and it was only that long because I had to troubleshoot my headset which wouldn't turn on. Make sure that steam is running as an administrator.

Reactions: 1 user
I was planning on blowing about 5k, so think I can make that. 1099 for the win.

Yep. Reminds me of a year I blew almost 10K on a 65" OLED, computers and gaming equipment. I wrote it all off as "second office" i.e. "game room" equipment. I remember sitting across from my CPA and going "Well, as far as Uncle Sam goes, I use all this stuff for CME and office work....BUT, between you and me, I play the s**t out of some video games in this room". He goes "Yeah Groove...I uh, heard the first part but I'm afraid I didn't catch the second part. So, 10K on office stuff, huh?".....silence......"Works for me. Let's move on to the next item."

• Haha
Yep. Reminds me of a year I blew almost 10K on a 65" OLED, computers and gaming equipment. I wrote it all off as "second office" i.e. "game room" equipment. I remember sitting across from my CPA and going "Well, as far as Uncle Sam goes, I use all this stuff for CME and office work....BUT, between you and me, I play the s**t out of some video games in this room". He goes "Yeah Groove...I uh, heard the first part but I'm afraid I didn't catch the second part. So, 10K on office stuff, huh?".....silence......"Works for me. Let's move on to the next item."

I need a very good monitor and powerful video card for my telemedicine home office, personally.

ps5 or the next xbox? Which one to get and around what time are you comfortable going "I fully intend to own it by this time". I think both come out around late november.

Yes I'm showing my bias because I didnt even learn the name of the x box option. but I'm willing to be swayed if everyone else is really excited about it, because I havent been keeping up with whats special about each.

ps5 or the next xbox? Which one to get and around what time are you comfortable going "I fully intend to own it by this time". I think both come out around late november.

Yes I'm showing my bias because I didnt even learn the name of the x box option. but I'm willing to be swayed if everyone else is really excited about it, because I havent been keeping up with whats special about each.

XSX baby...all the way. I used to play exclusively on my PS4/Pro but for the past year have been gaming almost entirely on my XB1. For me, I've been really impressed with MS stepping up to the plate and really preparing for this next gen battle with Sony. They've made many studio acquisitions to bulk up their exclusive lineup and it looks like it's finally paying off. The box just looks lightyears better than that monstrosity that Sony has built, IMO. I watched the recent Live event and was impressed by some of the lineup so far. Halo Infinite, State of Decay 3, Avowed, Fable, Forza 4, Gears 5, Ori, Senua II, CrossfireX, Warhammer Darktide, Scorn, all look amazing. I'm actually more pumped to play Avowed from Obsidian but that probably won't be out until 2021 at the earliest, probably more like 2022. It's set in the Pillars of Eternity world, so I downloaded 1 & 2 on Gamepass just to check out the universe yesterday and will probably boot it up today while I'm off. I hope it's like Dark Alliance as I miss those 3rd person isometric action RPGs. Gamepass is another thing that has been tremendously successful for MS and gamers alike, it's just such a great value and until Sony does something different with PS Now, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I'll be a day 1 purchaser for the Xbox Series X. I "might" buy the PS5 if another Uncharted were announced with the old gang back but would probably wait for a slim version.

XSX baby...all the way. I used to play exclusively on my PS4/Pro but for the past year have been gaming almost entirely on my XB1. For me, I've been really impressed with MS stepping up to the plate and really preparing for this next gen battle with Sony. They've made many studio acquisitions to bulk up their exclusive lineup and it looks like it's finally paying off. The box just looks lightyears better than that monstrosity that Sony has built, IMO. I watched the recent Live event and was impressed by some of the lineup so far. Halo Infinite, State of Decay 3, Avowed, Fable, Forza 4, Gears 5, Ori, Senua II, CrossfireX, Warhammer Darktide, Scorn, all look amazing. I'm actually more pumped to play Avowed from Obsidian but that probably won't be out until 2021 at the earliest, probably more like 2022. It's set in the Pillars of Eternity world, so I downloaded 1 & 2 on Gamepass just to check out the universe yesterday and will probably boot it up today while I'm off. I hope it's like Dark Alliance as I miss those 3rd person isometric action RPGs. Gamepass is another thing that has been tremendously successful for MS and gamers alike, it's just such a great value and until Sony does something different with PS Now, I don't see that changing anytime soon.

I'll be a day 1 purchaser for the Xbox Series X. I "might" buy the PS5 if another Uncharted were announced with the old gang back but would probably wait for a slim version.

I'm really hoping they're going to improve the graphics on infinite. It looked pretty bad. But I agree. I was originally Xbox then did PS3/4. Probably will jump onto the Xbox train. Although I mainly PC game anyway.

Reactions: 1 users

There is zero reason to buy an Xbox if you own a gaming PC. Every game on Xbox will be coming to PC, and a gaming PC will have far better tech, upgradability, and lasting power.

PS5 is a must mainly because of the PlayStation exclusive games.

PS5 / Gaming PC is the ultimate combo next gen. XsX will be the first Xbox I will not have owned. But I'll still play their games on PC and on Xcloud on my iPad. Like it or not, xbox looks to be getting out of the hardware game, and more focussing on getting their games everywhere. Which is a good strategy, and will likely pay off for them. But it also means you don't need their console.